Jelly Belly 2003 - Farrar goes pro

Andrew Martin

Guest
Always your source for locally biased news – I'm happy to report that Seattle area young rider Tyler
Farrar gets a ride with Jelly Belly this year. Here's hoping he does well and sticks after a short
stint with the ill-fated Mercury dev team. Good luck Tyler. -a

From www.cyclingnews.com Team roster Team director: Danny Van Haute Captain: Kirk Albers (USA) Brent
Dawson (Aus) Brian Forbes (USA) Mariano Friedick (USA) Austin King (USA) Jason McCartney (USA) Remi
McManus (USA) Cory Steinbrecher (USA)

New riders Ben Brooks (Aus) Tyler Farrar (USA) Mark Fitzgerald (USA)

> From www.cyclingnews.com Team roster Team director: Danny Van Haute Captain: Kirk Albers (USA)
> Brent Dawson (Aus) Brian Forbes (USA) Mariano Friedick (USA) Austin King (USA) Jason McCartney
> (USA) Remi McManus (USA) Cory Steinbrecher (USA)
>
> New riders Ben Brooks (Aus) Tyler Farrar (USA) Mark Fitzgerald (USA)

Jelly Belly dumped some riders, I guess thats pretty normal, but where do all the division 3 riders
who suck or can't find teams end up? Sierra Nevada has many names I've never even seen before, and
then they dump Gragus, Gerlach, and other experienced riders. Andy Crater needs a team, what's up
with that? I was looking at cycling4all and you could put together a really good team from all those
guys that have no team - better than most of the other
div. 3 teams. Is it just cheaper to sign unknown riders? Better attitudes?

So here is my idea, RBR posters all donate $100 for an ITEAMNOVA type deal, then put together a
team of all these poor unsigned riders, get Dylan Casey, maybe dig up Marty Jemison, some of those
Noble House guys, Crater, Gerlach/Gragus/Gaggiolli, Dirk Friel for sure, throw in an Andrew
Randall, Derek Wilkerson, Dave McCook for the sprints and crashes, Chris Fisher, Harm Jansen for
Superweek, Frank McCormack for cross, and finally Soren Peterson for that Scandanavian flava. Now
that's a cycling team.

>Subject: Re: Jelly Belly 2003 - Farrar goes pro From: [email protected] (Fab5Freddy)

>Sierra Nevada has many names I've never even seen before, and then they dump Gragus, Gerlach, and
>other experienced riders. Andy Crater needs a team, what's up with that?

The only problems with having Gragus, Gerlach, and Crater on your team is that you have Gragus,
Gerlach, and Crater on your team......... -----Sharon Peters Personal Trainer to the Stars--------
Remove "No Junk" to reply please!!!

>Subject: Re: Jelly Belly 2003 - Farrar goes pro From: [email protected] (Fab5Freddy) Date:
>1/9/2003 12:24 PM Mountain Standard Time Message-id:
><[email protected]>
>

>> From www.cyclingnews.com Team roster Team director: Danny Van Haute Captain: Kirk Albers (USA)
>> Brent Dawson (Aus) Brian Forbes (USA) Mariano Friedick (USA) Austin King (USA) Jason McCartney
>> (USA) Remi McManus (USA) Cory Steinbrecher (USA)
>>
>> New riders Ben Brooks (Aus) Tyler Farrar (USA) Mark Fitzgerald (USA)
>

>Jelly Belly dumped some riders, I guess thats pretty normal, but where do all the division 3 riders
>who suck or can't find teams end up? Sierra Nevada has many names I've never even seen before, and
>then they dump Gragus, Gerlach, and other experienced riders. Andy Crater needs a team, what's up
>with that? I was looking at cycling4all and you could put together a really good team from all
>those guys that have no team - better than most of the other
>div. 3 teams. Is it just cheaper to sign unknown riders? Better attitudes?
>
>So here is my idea, RBR posters all donate $100 for an ITEAMNOVA type deal, then put together a
>team of all these poor unsigned riders, get Dylan Casey, maybe dig up Marty Jemison, some of those
>Noble House guys, Crater, Gerlach/Gragus/Gaggiolli, Dirk Friel for sure, throw in an Andrew
>Randall, Derek Wilkerson, Dave McCook for the sprints and crashes, Chris Fisher, Harm Jansen for
>Superweek, Frank McCormack for cross, and finally Soren Peterson for that Scandanavian flava. Now
>that's a cycling team.

No... Thats just ****ing silly.

As for gag, I hope he does find a good ride so we will still se his wifes little hiney prancing
around at the races.

Rod living the 12k dream on the RVVC presented by RBRC elite cycling team