Jelly Belly Sports Beans

rudycyclist

Mar 14, 2006
I'm wondering if anyone has tried these new "gatorade" like jelly beans? I know the jelly belly pro team uses them. They seem like quite a unique idea but much lighter on the bike than a bottle of gatorade. Thanks all!

Tried them, they are alright, similar to a gel packet, and i think harder to eat than a gel. Taste is fine, but they are a pain for me to eat, i can open and eat a gel one handed and if i try eating these when the hammer is down i end up spilling them.

rudycyclist said:
I'm wondering if anyone has tried these new "gatorade" like jelly beans? I know the jelly belly pro team uses them. They seem like quite a unique idea but much lighter on the bike than a bottle of gatorade. Thanks all!
gels/ blocks/ sport beans provide some carbs for energy but they aren't a substitute for hydration! In fact most gels specify that you should use them with water. Most don't contain much in the way of electrolyes so if you use these products you definitely still need to carry something with electrolyes unless you like cramps.