Jelly Belly's Adam Bergman came up positive for EPO ?

"John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jelly Belly's Adam Bergman came up positive for EPO
>
> Got this off
>
> http://www.theprosstuff.com/gossip.htm
>
> So whats the deal?

I thought for one second that the Coors Light Serotta was the one stolen in
San Francisco in June.

http://tinyurl.com/4xnar

The measurements, however, are different. The one reported stolen was 57
seat/58.5 top and this one is 58.5 seat/58 top. It would have been nice to
see that guy get his bike back.

<http://www.theprosstuff.com/bikes.htm>

E-mail that guy. Looks like it

GOod call,

Richard Adams wrote:
> bad jelly beans?

Do they export these jelly beans ?

Donald Munro wrote:

> solobikeracer wrote:
>
>>>Jelly Belly's Adam Bergman came up positive for EPO

> Richard Adams wrote:
>
>>bad jelly beans?

> Do they export these jelly beans ?

Sure, there's this little shop in Pyongyang...

"Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Jelly Belly's Adam Bergman came up positive for EPO
> >
> > Got this off
> >
> > http://www.theprosstuff.com/gossip.htm
> >
> > So whats the deal?

> Well while we're rumor-mongering: for various and sundry reasons, I am
> starting to wonder about the validity of USADA's EPO testing.
>
> Andy Coggan (with all due apologies to Sam Callan)

I second this. I have read the procedures and how a "positive" is
determined and believe that there is a statistically signifigant false
positive rate...especially when you consider the one-way-ness of the
algorithm...I.E. one positive negates all negatives. even a 99.9%
accurate test will falsely accuse 1 in a 1000 samples. Further the A,B
test regime as layed out does not make the tests statistically
mutually idependent. Also the USADA apparent lack of ability to keep A
sample positives secert is despicable. O.K. Andy didn't say all/any of
this but I am and maybe making some assumptions about his sundry list.

J DASH ME wrote:

> Domestic US riders using drugs? No way, I don't believe it.

Believe it and as the original poster noted:

<<
Confirmed today by Velonews.

Velonews is now charged with the duty of drug testing cyclists in the
USA. The next issue will include a fold out unrinalysis kit, said the
publisher.

>From: [email protected] (J DASH ME)

>Domestic US riders using drugs? No way, I don't believe it.

Smart move Jame(BTW Great to have you back) you wouldn't want to become
Simeoni.
Bill C