Jenny's First Unicycle

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Danny Colyer, Feb 5, 2006.

  1. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    I took a short video of Jenny unwrapping her biggest birthday present
    from Mummy and Daddy this morning. I've uploaded it to my gallery,
    which should be here:
    <http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=174344>

    Having now sat her on it I reckon that, if I shorten the seatpost
    slightly and bolt wooden blocks to the pedals, she should be able to
    start learning some time in the summer.

    --
    Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11637

  2. harper

    harper Guest

    Congratulations. When do you think she will be better than you, in a
    couple of weeks? Will she be pushing the FlyMo while riding her uni
    with a pint in hand one day?

    --
    harper

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

  3. dale_dale

    dale_dale Guest

  4. barch

    barch Guest

  5. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    harper wrote:
    > Congratulations. When do you think she will be better than you, in a
    > couple of weeks? Will she be pushing the FlyMo while riding her uni
    > with a pint in hand one day?

    She's 4 today, which means that legally she's not allowed to drink
    until next year. Besides which, she doesn't like the smell of BEER.
    So the pint will have to wait a bit longer :p

    --
    Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11637

  6. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    barch wrote:
    > That's perfect! Where did you find a pink one?

    I didn't. It's a chrome Dodger, bought from unicycle.uk.com and then
    decorated with holographic tape that I bought specially for the purpose
    from Beard. They use it for decorating clubs, devil sticks and the
    like.

    --
    Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11637

  7. unicycleboy

    unicycleboy Guest

  8. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    unicycleboy wrote:
    > That was the unicycle i delivered :)

    Indeed it was. Thanks Trev, you can now describe yourself as a
    unicycle midwife ;-)

    --
    Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11637

  9. U-Turn

    U-Turn Guest

    Nice unicycle! Thanks for sharing that heart-warming video!

    > She's 4 today, which means that legally she's not allowed to drink until
    > next year. Besides which, she doesn't like the smell of BEER. So the
    > pint will have to wait a bit longer :p

    Pint? They come in pints? -- I'm getting one!

    --
    U-Turn

    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    -- Dave Stockton

  10. unicycleboy

    unicycleboy Guest

  11. U-Turn

    U-Turn Guest

    unicycleboy wrote:
    > haha is that a lotr quote i see snuck in?

    After we saw the movie in the cinema, my daughter would say that at the
    drop of a hat with an English accent. It was fun to add to the chaos
    by doing the same... :D

    We read The Hobbit and all 3 LoTR books over the phone, starting well
    before the movies came out and finishing a little after. It was really
    excellent.

    She doesn't live with me so we talk on the phone each week.

    I hope Danny's daughter learns to ride her new uni and that he posts
    another video of the feat!

    --
    U-Turn

    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    -- Dave Stockton

  12. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    U-Turn wrote:
    > I hope Danny's daughter learns to ride her new uni and that he posts
    > another video of the feat!

    I'm sure both will happen. Just don't expect it to be next week...

    I'm looking forward to being able to make the same sort of posts that
    Racenut has been making recently.

    --
    Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11637

  13. JJuggle

    JJuggle Guest

  14. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 17:01:36 -0600, Danny Colyer wrote:

    >She's 4 today, which means that legally she's not allowed to drink
    >until next year. Besides which, she doesn't like the smell of BEER.
    >So the pint will have to wait a bit longer :p

    She's not allowed to drink? She'll die of dehydration! And BEER? Why
    BEER? A pint is just a weird British volume unit right? If only she
    were allowed to drink, you could give her a pint of lemonade.

    Good job on the 4yo and the uni though. Congrats!