jensonusa bike build

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by rigo, May 6, 2003.

1. rigo

rigo New Member

I'm thinking of buying a frame from Jenson and having them do a partial build (bottom bracket, cranks, stem, headset, fork).

Has anyone had a build done by Jenson?

How about dealing with them in general? I've heard varied reviews. Some that make me cautious, others that indicate that they are pretty good.

Your thoughts?

Thanks

Tags:

2. MtnBikerChk

MtnBikerChk New Member

Never had a problem with them - although I've never ordered a bike from them either.

I did have an order where something was backordered and holding up the rest of the shipment. So I called them and they canceled that item and shipped the rest out that day.

3. xavier

xavier New Member

I hate to say this but anyone can do this labor. Not hard at all to install BB and cranks and cut a fork.

We do that with all our bikes here we ship since it is just a matter of a few extra minutes to do all that.

4. Camikaze

Camikaze New Member

Sorry dude, but I couldn't disagree more. I wouldn't let any bike-store employee do this without the proper training. Sure, bikes are pretty simple, but I've seen various degrees of competency from store to store.... who needs poorly installed components on their new ride??

Incorrect torque on crank and BB, improper headset cup installation, not chasing BB threads, and cutting a steerer too short are all potential piss-offs. Make sure you find out who is building your bike, that's all I can say!

Just my thoughts....:)