Jeremy Vine TODAY

bugbear wrote:
> I have never, ever, heard a phone in where anybody
> said anything worth hearing.

Oh, I have. It was about 14 years ago, before the days of broadcast
delays on live phone-ins. I was listening to a Sunday afternoon
phone-in on GWR. I can't remember what the subject for discussion was
supposed to be. At the beginning of the show the DJ said, for a joke
that it was going to be about women drivers. People took this to heart,
and he received far more calls about women drivers than about the
intended subject.

The best caller was the woman who phoned in and said: "I agree with you
about woman drivers; I think they're all complete c*nts!". She was then
promptly cut off, while I creased up.

Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>