Jerks and the cars they drive

Crankyfeet said:
I'm going to continue to disagree with the "no correlation between driver behavior and type of car".

I don't have the data... but I have experienced more little old ladies driving Toyota Camry's as a percentage of total observed Camry drivers than I have seen little old ladies driving F150 pick ups with monster tires and raised suspensions as a percentage of total observed drivers of F150 pick ups with monster tires and raised suspensions.
If you really have to convince alienator, I think you have to take this as a hypothesis, then do a Bayesian analysis and post the probability distributions along with contours of various confidence levels... :p

Crankyfeet said:
I'm going to continue to disagree with the "no correlation between driver behavior and type of car".

I don't have the data... but I have experienced more little old ladies driving Toyota Camry's as a percentage of total observed Camry drivers than I have seen little old ladies driving F150 pick ups with monster tires and raised suspensions as a percentage of total observed drivers of F150 pick ups with monster tires and raised suspensions.

It's a regional thing!

It was just a few days ago that I posted this new thread, saying that in my experience BMW drivers seem to be the biggest jerks out on the highway. So last night I watched a movie entitled "Memory of a Killer" on my movie channel. It was filmed in Belgium and subtitled in English. And in the movie the two police detectives are driving along and a BMW darts in front of them. And they begin commenting about BMW drivers, "Of course, a BMW," etc. So, even in Europe!

(By the way, they see the BMW park and the driver walk away. One of the detectives goes over and pees into the lock, claiming that it sticks the mechanism up and causes the car to stink. Do not ask me how he gets his pecker into the lock. Maybe Alienator can help here?)

Pendejo said:
It was just a few days ago that I posted this new thread, saying that in my experience BMW drivers seem to be the biggest jerks out on the highway. So last night I watched a movie entitled "Memory of a Killer" on my movie channel. It was filmed in Belgium and subtitled in English. And in the movie the two police detectives are driving along and a BMW darts in front of them. And they begin commenting about BMW drivers, "Of course, a BMW," etc. So, even in Europe!

(By the way, they see the BMW park and the driver walk away. One of the detectives goes over and pees into the lock, claiming that it sticks the mechanism up and causes the car to stink. Do not ask me how he gets his pecker into the lock. Maybe Alienator can help here?)
You may be right Pendejo about the average driver... but when you see a BMW... I hope you don't jump to any conclusions and prejudge the driver... or that would be bigotry...:mad:

Crankyfeet said:
You may be right Pendejo about the average driver... but when you see a BMW... I hope you don't jump to any conclusions and prejudge the driver... or that would be bigotry...:mad:
You own a BMW Cranky? :p

Seriously, yeah, it is one thing to talk of the probability that a person driving a BMW is an enemy of cyclists, and another to apply to a person individually.

Here in Italy I seem to encounter a certain number of morons who drive Golf GTIs...

Those are bad. And the little old ladies in the little Fiats.

But when you are in shape we can often have the most fun possible with lycra on: motorpacing behind unwilling mopeds/scooters. :D

TheDarkLord said:
You own a BMW Cranky? :p

Seriously, yeah, it is one thing to talk of the probability that a person driving a BMW is an enemy of cyclists, and another to apply to a person individually.
Maybe... but I only drive it when I feel like mowing someone down...

Crankyfeet said:
:eek: So, you DO own a BMW! There is no way in which you could have photoshopped that one.

Pendejo said:

so Beamers have pee averse locks? who knew!

earth_dweller said:
so Beamers have pee averse locks? who knew!
There's this guy who always parks his SUV badly at the local coffee shop and takes up two spaces as a result. So I might test the theory out on another make of car to see if it is Beamer specific... and get back to you on the results...:D

PS - Could be awkward though...:confused:

Crankyfeet said:
There's this guy who always parks his SUV badly at the local coffee shop and takes up two spaces as a result. So I might test the theory out on another make of car to see if it is Beamer specific... and get back to you on the results...:D

PS - Could be awkward though...:confused:
why can't you aim?

biggrin.gif
sometimes I just slay myself....

earth_dweller said:
why can't you aim?

biggrin.gif
sometimes I just slay myself....
I think the idea is to get pee into the lock mechanism. This, it seems to me, would require that you get your pecker into the key hole. I would suggest a prior application of WD-40. And if anyone here is able to accomplish it, are you man enough to admit it??

Crankyfeet said:
Cranky, I can't make out the last word on your bumper sign, or any word on the windshield. What do they say? I don't see any blood traces on the front of your car so either you missed or you washed it.

Pendejo said:
Cranky, I can't make out the last word on your bumper sign, or any word on the windshield. What do they say? I don't see any blood traces on the front of your car so either you missed or you washed it.
If you click on the image I think it automatically enlarges the picture. It says:

CrAnKy MOBeeL

GEt Off tHE fArkINg
rOAD fuCtaRds

Oh yeah this is a good one. I kind of have a statistics survey in my head. Even of people that I know. BMW drivers are mostly obnoxious that is for sure. I think I have had one friend that was ultra cool with a BMW. I have had that in my head though. Porsche drivers too fit into that category as far as I see. Firebird and Camaro, hmmmm interesting probably. I would say stereo types are not 100% like any other kind. I do find you attract things like this when you let it bother you.