Jersey Choices

Fri, 9 May 2003 23:30:16 -0700, <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tom
Keats) wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Joe Nordic" <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> I would be interested to know how you can spot the Yanks.
>
>The talent for eating while afoot seems to be unique to Americans.
\snip
>cheers, Tom

Americans are generally taller than French and have bigger smiles.

My French wife was able to quickly point out differences between British, German and American
tourists when we lived in Cros de Cagnes
--
zk

Please do educate me, how exactly did she differentiate between the three? I've been around Europe
(Denmark, Germany and Poland) and never had a "You're from the U.S." moment except after already
becoming acquainted someone at which point it was just conversation about less obvious cultural
differences.

Peace, Nick

"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> My French wife was able to quickly point out differences between British, German and American
> tourists when we lived in Cros de Cagnes
> --
> zk

Personally, I think a lot of people here are being overly sensitive. In 2000 an enterprising Chicago
cop designed a t-shirt with a picture of a Chicago Police riot helmet and the words, "Welcome to the
Democratic National Convention" in large letters. Underneath in smaller letters it said, "We kicked
your daddy's ass in '68. Guess whose turn it is now?"

As I recall, the cop got a three day suspension. He also sold over 5000 shirts.

Regards, Bob Hunt