Jersey Genesis Triathlon

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Albert Kosonom, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. I am doing this triathlon this weekend and since I am driving from Virginia,
    I will need a place to stay. Does anybody have any recommendations about
    places to stay that are close to this race? Also, can somebody provide some
    information about the bike and run course (hilly, shaded, etc)?

    Thanks a lot

    AK

    Tags:

  2. hug

    hug Guest

    I can't tell you where to stay but i did this race in the late 90s and
    can tell you a bit about it assuming it is the same course. SInce it
    is in south jersey that means FLAT. The swim was a box course
    (wetsuits allowed). The bike was dead flat (some shade) with LOTS of
    drafting going on. (I had a lively "discussion" during the race with
    one competitor who had a reputation for drafting and who just happened
    to pass me while at the back of a pack.) The run was flat with one
    little rise near the end (up a bridge maybe??).

    The interesting thing was that this was the only race where I have
    ever seen someone refuse her award because she admitted she got caught
    in a pack on the bike. They had cool custom ceramic awards and I think
    certificates to the local bike shop plus IIRC - post-race pizza and
    massages - awesome!! Could all be different now though, for all I
    know.

    -hug