Jersey Question

was7g

May 11, 2006
What is meant by a "Euro style" jersey? Does that simply mean "form fitting?" I've seen them advertised in catalogues and the like, but don't know how they differ from regular jerseys, other than I think the cut is supposed to be tighter, right? Maybe the material is stretchier, too?

If that's the case (though I could be totally making that up), why do they have a "Euro" connotation? Do Europeans like to wear tight shirts or something?

was7g said:
What is meant by a "Euro style" jersey? Does that simply mean "form fitting?" I've seen them advertised in catalogues and the like, but don't know how they differ from regular jerseys, other than I think the cut is supposed to be tighter, right? Maybe the material is stretchier, too?

If that's the case (though I could be totally making that up), why do they have a "Euro" connotation? Do Europeans like to wear tight shirts or something?

Most true race jerseys are fairly tight by design. The other thing to consider is there is a Euro size and a US size which are different, a Euro Large is more like a US Medium.