jersey sizing question

Kristin Garau

Guest
wow, this is really frustrating.
I know I wear a Pearl Izumi Large (42-44) and I realize that's an American
cut. But to figure out if that translates to an Euro 5 or 6 seems to depend
upon from whom you purchase. I've seen Nalini jerseys (Domina Vacanze --
okay, I'm a Cipo geek. I admit it. He was great to my son at the TdG.)
described by different companies as 5's being 42's and 6's being 46's. Is
there any way to be sure what I'm getting?
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Kris

I really don't know why there isn't a standard sizing system for
apparel. We've been wearing clothes for a few thousand years but there
is still confusion when it comes to sizes.

Here's a good example. I just purchased an Oakley and a Specialized
jersey. The oakley is 2XL and is a sung fit. A couple of days late the
Specialized (3XL) jersey arrives (both purchased online) and it is a
couple of sizes tighter... 'spose I'll just have to cycle harder,
longer, faster and llose some weight.

By the way... both jerseys are great!

--

wrote:

>wow, this is really frustrating.
>I know I wear a Pearl Izumi Large (42-44) and I realize that's an American
>cut. But to figure out if that translates to an Euro 5 or 6 seems to depend
>upon from whom you purchase. I've seen Nalini jerseys (Domina Vacanze --
>okay, I'm a Cipo geek. I admit it. He was great to my son at the TdG.)
>described by different companies as 5's being 42's and 6's being 46's. Is
>there any way to be sure what I'm getting?
>Any help would be appreciated.
>thanks,
>Kris

World Cycling Productions catalogs have always been very reliable for me when
trying to determine what size to order from different manufacturers. (BTW,
Nalini tends to run snug)

Regards,
Bob Hunt

"Kristin Garau" <[email protected]> wrote in news:Okbvc.7842$Yd3.4164
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:
> wow, this is really frustrating.
> I know I wear a Pearl Izumi Large (42-44) and I realize that's an American
> cut. But to figure out if that translates to an Euro 5 or 6 seems to depend
> upon from whom you purchase.

Try them on first. Chest size is just one consideration. Arm, neck, and
waist sizes also vary a lot from brand to brand. Some brands just won't fit
some people properly.