Jersey with Zippered Pocket?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by tbwiv, Jul 22, 2010.

1. tbwiv

tbwiv New Member

I've been commuting for years and have always been on the lookout for a short sleeved, brightly colored jersey with a zippered rear pocket for me to put my keys, wallet, and phone in. I'm always a little leery of putting that stuff in a regular jersey pocket (although I've done it without incident for over a decade!) Does such a jersey exist? On a side note, does anyone ride with a dry bag for all that stuff? How has it worked out? I've been using zip lock baggies when I suspect rain, but I've probably soaked up gallons of sweat in my wallet.

Tags:

2. TKOS

TKOS New Member

What about just a little under the seat pouch to hold the small stuff?

Otherwise buy a cheap colourful jersey and see if someone would be nice enough to sew on a zipper for you? Or even snaps?

I do have one jersey with a zippered pocket but it was a gift years ago and I don't know where it cam from. So they do exist!

3. 64Paramount

64Paramount Active Member

Yes, there are many jerseys in different colors and styles with zippered pockets. You just need to search around a bit to find one you like.

Here's an example from Nashbar:

Nashbar - Welcome!

4. tbwiv

tbwiv New Member

Thanks for the replies. Good find on the PI jersey -- that may work. Ride safe.

5. BikeyGuy

BikeyGuy New Member

Get a "WrapPack". Myself and my buddies all have them.
    Load it up before you put on your jersey. Drop in in the jersey pocket. Keeps it all together. Go to Do Wrap® Performance Headwear
    Cool handy item.