Jerseys at the Tour de Poitou-Charentes

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robert Chung, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    From: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/aug03/aug26news

    "The Tour is also known for awarding more prizes and jerseys than just about any other tour. In
    addition to the General Classification (white jersey), there are also the Points (green jersey),
    Mountains (polka dot), Intermediate Sprints (blue jersey), Inter Tour 86 (golden jersey), Young
    Rider (fluoro green), Combination (red jersey), Teams (Credit Agricole cap), Best Division II rider
    (light blue jersey), Most Combative (trophy), Fair Play (trophy) and Best Team Rider (trophy)
    classifications."

    Seems to me they're missing some jersey opportunities. Suggestions?

    Tags:

  2. "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > From: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/aug03/aug26news
    >
    > "The Tour is also known for awarding more prizes and jerseys than just about any other tour. In
    > addition to the General Classification (white jersey), there are also the Points (green jersey),
    > Mountains (polka dot), Intermediate Sprints (blue jersey), Inter Tour 86 (golden jersey), Young
    > Rider (fluoro green), Combination (red jersey), Teams (Credit Agricole cap), Best Division II
    > rider (light blue jersey), Most Combative (trophy), Fair Play (trophy) and Best Team Rider
    > (trophy) classifications."
    >
    > Seems to me they're missing some jersey opportunities. Suggestions?

    That's obvious -

    The Fattie Jersey

    to whomever looks like they have the softest ass.

  3. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> From: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/aug03/aug26news
    >>
    >> "The Tour is also known for awarding more prizes and jerseys than just about any other tour. In
    >> addition to the General Classification (white jersey), there are also the Points (green jersey),
    >> Mountains (polka dot), Intermediate Sprints (blue jersey), Inter Tour 86 (golden jersey), Young
    >> Rider (fluoro green), Combination (red jersey), Teams (Credit Agricole cap), Best Division II
    >> rider (light blue jersey), Most Combative (trophy), Fair Play (trophy) and Best Team Rider
    >> (trophy) classifications."
    >>
    >> Seems to me they're missing some jersey opportunities. Suggestions?
    >
    > That's obvious -
    >
    > The Fattie Jersey

    That was easy, but you left out the description of the jersey. I would think perhaps a crop top.

  4. Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:
    > From: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/aug03/aug26news

    > "The Tour is also known for awarding more prizes and jerseys than just about any other tour. In
    > addition to the General Classification (white jersey), there are also the Points (green jersey),
    > Mountains (polka dot), Intermediate Sprints (blue jersey), Inter Tour 86 (golden jersey), Young
    > Rider (fluoro green), Combination (red jersey), Teams (Credit Agricole cap), Best Division II
    > rider (light blue jersey), Most Combative (trophy), Fair Play (trophy) and Best Team Rider
    > (trophy) classifications."

    > Seems to me they're missing some jersey opportunities. Suggestions?

    You missed out the jersey (white with blue veins) worn by the rider who can name the most varieties
    of cheese made in the Region de Poitou-Charentes.

    If they are going to have a fluoro green Best Young Rider jersey, they should at least have jerseys
    for best 30+, 35+ , etc. The jerseys would be that remarkably dayglo yellow Pearl Izumi jacket
    color, or perhaps from Primal Wear.

  5. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    Robert Chung wrote:
    > From: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/aug03/aug26news
    >
    > "The Tour is also known for awarding more prizes and jerseys than just about any other tour. In
    > addition to the General Classification (white jersey), there are also the Points (green jersey),
    > Mountains (polka dot), Intermediate Sprints (blue jersey), Inter Tour 86 (golden jersey), Young
    > Rider (fluoro green), Combination (red jersey), Teams (Credit Agricole cap), Best Division II
    > rider (light blue jersey), Most Combative (trophy), Fair Play (trophy) and Best Team Rider
    > (trophy) classifications."
    >
    > Seems to me they're missing some jersey opportunities. Suggestions?

    Brown jersey and matching knicks for the rider who takes the fewest "natural breaks" (as Phil
    calls them)?

    &roo

  6. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Benjamin Weiner wrote:
    > You missed out the jersey (white with blue veins) worn by the rider who can name the most
    > varieties of cheese made in the Region de Poitou-Charentes.

    Hmmm. I think that jersey might go to the rider who smells most like cheese.

  7. Matabala

    Matabala Guest

    le maillot faible

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > From: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/aug03/aug26news
    >
    > "The Tour is also known for awarding more prizes and jerseys than just about any other tour. In
    > addition to the General Classification (white jersey), there are also the Points (green jersey),
    > Mountains (polka dot), Intermediate Sprints (blue jersey), Inter Tour 86 (golden jersey), Young
    > Rider (fluoro green), Combination (red jersey), Teams (Credit Agricole cap), Best Division II
    > rider (light blue jersey), Most Combative (trophy), Fair Play (trophy) and Best Team Rider
    > (trophy) classifications."
    >
    > Seems to me they're missing some jersey opportunities. Suggestions?

  8. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    matabala wrote:
    > le maillot faible

    Very good. Would Laurence Boccolini be the podium girl?

  9. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Benjamin Weiner wrote:
    > > You missed out the jersey (white with blue veins) worn by the rider who can name the most
    > > varieties of cheese made in the Region de Poitou-Charentes.
    >
    > Hmmm. I think that jersey might go to the rider who smells most like cheese.

    Would that be just his feet, or the overall smell?

    --
    tanx, Howard

    "He likes your lemonade..." Lawrence of Arabia

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  10. Matabala

    Matabala Guest

  11. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Benjamin Weiner <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > From: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/aug03/aug26news
    >
    > > Seems to me they're missing some jersey opportunities. Suggestions?
    >
    > You missed out the jersey (white with blue veins) worn by the rider who can name the most
    > varieties of cheese made in the Region de Poitou-Charentes.
    >
    > If they are going to have a fluoro green Best Young Rider jersey, they should at least have
    > jerseys for best 30+, 35+ , etc. The jerseys would be that remarkably dayglo yellow Pearl Izumi
    > jacket color, or perhaps from Primal Wear.

    It'd have to be the Primal, the most popular jersey seen worn inside a set of bib shorts. Another
    jersey suggestion: best use of hair care products. No idea what color to make that one.

    --
    tanx, Howard

    "Do you mind if we dance wif yo dates?" Animal House

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?