jerseys

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Bill' F W Lewis, Feb 24, 2003.

  1. My cycling group wants to get a 'team jersey'. Anyone have a recommendation for a place to
    get a set?

    Thanks,

    -Bill Lewis

    Tags:

  2. Zwieback

    Zwieback Guest

    On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:04:19 -0800, 'Bill' F W Lewis <[email protected]> from University of
    Washington wrote:

    > My cycling group wants to get a 'team jersey'. Anyone have a recommendation for a place to
    > get a set?

    Voler is a reputable company:

    http://www.voler.com/

    --
    http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace I always have fun because I'm out of
    my mind!!!

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Our club was able to get Garneau jerseys custom printed for ~$50. Voler is good, but if you wish to
    compare...

    'Bill' F W Lewis <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:p[email protected]:

    > My cycling group wants to get a 'team jersey'. Anyone have a recommendation for a place to
    > get a set?
    >
    > Thanks,

  4. Dave Holmes

    Dave Holmes Guest

    Try VoMax - http://www.vomax.com/

    'Bill' F W Lewis wrote:
    > My cycling group wants to get a 'team jersey'. Anyone have a recommendation for a place to
    > get a set?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Bill Lewis

  5. Ed Swierk

    Ed Swierk Guest

  6. On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:04:19 -0800 in rec.bicycles.rides, 'Bill' F W Lewis
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > My cycling group wants to get a 'team jersey'. Anyone have a recommendation for a place to
    > get a set?

    Our club's last order was from VOMax. Great service, a nice small company in rural Mass that hires
    locally, excellent quality. www.vomax.com

    To see the jersey we ordered, see www.juneau.com/freewheel

  7. In the latest Performance catalog, it appears that they're getting into the business as well.

    Gary Brower

    On 2/24/03 11:04 AM, in article [email protected]u,
    "'Bill' F W Lewis" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > My cycling group wants to get a 'team jersey'. Anyone have a recommendation for a place to
    > get a set?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Bill Lewis

  8. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "Gary R. Brower" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:BA80F6CE.6342%[email protected]:

    > In the latest Performance catalog, it appears that they're getting into the business as well.

    In the past, limited edition Performance jerseys were made by Voler. Do they have their own machines
    now or do they just contract out with someone?

  9. Don't know. Just saw them in the catalog, and don't have it to hand right now.

    On 2/25/03 12:48 PM, in article [email protected], "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Gary R. Brower" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:BA80F6CE.6342%[email protected]:
    >
    >> In the latest Performance catalog, it appears that they're getting into the business as well.
    >
    > In the past, limited edition Performance jerseys were made by Voler. Do they have their own
    > machines now or do they just contract out with someone?

  10. no

    no Guest

    In article <BA838B02.651F%[email protected]>, Gary R. Brower
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Don't know. Just saw them in the catalog, and don't have it to hand right now.

    I just got a catalog from Performance. According to this catalog, they are *not* making custom
    jerseys. What they will sell you is a pre-printed jersey with large white blank spaces where you can
    silk screen your own logos. This is probably an inexpensive solution for people who only need a
    small number of jerseys though the results won't be nearly as attractive as good quality full sized
    custom art work.

    Ken

  11. Stephanie

    Stephanie Guest

    my club, the Pequot cyclists just had jerseys made....55 bucks. Pyroapparal is the company

  12. On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:03:06 +0000 (UTC) in rec.bicycles.rides, [email protected] wrote:

    > I just got a catalog from Performance. According to this catalog, they are *not* making custom
    > jerseys. What they will sell you is a pre-printed jersey with large white blank spaces where you
    > can silk screen your own logos.

    and unfortunately, you are defeating the wicking capability of the jersey fabric by printing it with
    silkscreen ink. the fibers where the ink is printed will loose not only any wicking capability, but
    also any capability to breathe at all, since silk screen inks will blot up all the space betweent
    threads in the fabric.

    if you want jerseys that wick moisture properly, they need to be printed with a dye sublimation
    process, not silkscreened.

  13. Karen M.

    Karen M. Guest

    Dennis wrote:

    > > Performance. ... pre-printed jersey with large white blank spaces where you can silk screen your
    > > own logos.
    >
    > and unfortunately, you are defeating the wicking capability of the jersey fabric by printing it
    > with silkscreen ink. the fibers where the ink is printed will loose not only any wicking
    > capability, but also any capability to breathe at all, since silk screen inks will blot up all the
    > space betweent threads in the fabric.
    >
    > if you want jerseys that wick moisture properly, they need to be printed with a dye sublimation
    > process, not silkscreened.

    The "large blank space" is perhaps the size of a standard sheet of paper (makes it easier for
    local screeners), and that's a fraction of the entire jersey area. Doubtful that a local club
    would opt for 100% coverage on their screen (i.e. entirely saturate the black space so that it's
    covered with ink). There are still sleeves, and another 75% or so of the jersey body with no
    silkscreen ink. OP might want to try Good Stuff sportswear. They produce very small runs very
    inexpensively, and they even do pocketed tees at a much lower price point. It's run by former
    employees of the original owner (mentioned in another post in this thread) and I believe they
    know how to follow instructions. --Karen M. worked there one spring

  14. The Green Bay Packers pro shop!

    news:p[email protected]...