jerseys

Bill' F W Lewis

Guest
My cycling group wants to get a 'team jersey'. Anyone have a recommendation for a place to
get a set?

Thanks,

-Bill Lewis

Our club was able to get Garneau jerseys custom printed for ~$50. Voler is good, but if you wish to
compare...

'Bill' F W Lewis <[email protected]> wrote in
news:p[email protected]:

Try VoMax - http://www.vomax.com/

'Bill' F W Lewis wrote:
> My cycling group wants to get a 'team jersey'. Anyone have a recommendation for a place to
> get a set?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Bill Lewis

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:04:19 -0800 in rec.bicycles.rides, 'Bill' F W Lewis
<[email protected]> wrote:

> My cycling group wants to get a 'team jersey'. Anyone have a recommendation for a place to
> get a set?

Our club's last order was from VOMax. Great service, a nice small company in rural Mass that hires
locally, excellent quality. www.vomax.com

To see the jersey we ordered, see www.juneau.com/freewheel

In the latest Performance catalog, it appears that they're getting into the business as well.

Gary Brower

On 2/24/03 11:04 AM, in article Pine.A41.4.44.0302241102590.29098-100000@homer33.u.washington.edu,
"'Bill' F W Lewis" <[email protected]> wrote:

> My cycling group wants to get a 'team jersey'. Anyone have a recommendation for a place to
> get a set?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Bill Lewis

Don't know. Just saw them in the catalog, and don't have it to hand right now.

On 2/25/03 12:48 PM, in article [email protected], "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Gary R. Brower" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:BA80F6CE.6342%[email protected]:
>
>> In the latest Performance catalog, it appears that they're getting into the business as well.
>
> In the past, limited edition Performance jerseys were made by Voler. Do they have their own
> machines now or do they just contract out with someone?

In article <BA838B02.651F%[email protected]>, Gary R. Brower
<[email protected]> wrote:
>Don't know. Just saw them in the catalog, and don't have it to hand right now.

I just got a catalog from Performance. According to this catalog, they are *not* making custom
jerseys. What they will sell you is a pre-printed jersey with large white blank spaces where you can
silk screen your own logos. This is probably an inexpensive solution for people who only need a
small number of jerseys though the results won't be nearly as attractive as good quality full sized
custom art work.

Ken

my club, the Pequot cyclists just had jerseys made....55 bucks. Pyroapparal is the company

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:03:06 +0000 (UTC) in rec.bicycles.rides, [email protected] wrote:

> I just got a catalog from Performance. According to this catalog, they are *not* making custom
> jerseys. What they will sell you is a pre-printed jersey with large white blank spaces where you
> can silk screen your own logos.

and unfortunately, you are defeating the wicking capability of the jersey fabric by printing it with
silkscreen ink. the fibers where the ink is printed will loose not only any wicking capability, but
also any capability to breathe at all, since silk screen inks will blot up all the space betweent
threads in the fabric.

if you want jerseys that wick moisture properly, they need to be printed with a dye sublimation
process, not silkscreened.

Dennis wrote:

> > Performance. ... pre-printed jersey with large white blank spaces where you can silk screen your
> > own logos.
>
> and unfortunately, you are defeating the wicking capability of the jersey fabric by printing it
> with silkscreen ink. the fibers where the ink is printed will loose not only any wicking
> capability, but also any capability to breathe at all, since silk screen inks will blot up all the
> space betweent threads in the fabric.
>
> if you want jerseys that wick moisture properly, they need to be printed with a dye sublimation
> process, not silkscreened.

The "large blank space" is perhaps the size of a standard sheet of paper (makes it easier for
local screeners), and that's a fraction of the entire jersey area. Doubtful that a local club
would opt for 100% coverage on their screen (i.e. entirely saturate the black space so that it's
covered with ink). There are still sleeves, and another 75% or so of the jersey body with no
silkscreen ink. OP might want to try Good Stuff sportswear. They produce very small runs very
inexpensively, and they even do pocketed tees at a much lower price point. It's run by former
employees of the original owner (mentioned in another post in this thread) and I believe they
know how to follow instructions. --Karen M. worked there one spring