Jingle bells

Johnny O-R

Nov 15, 2004
If moolah was no object (or if you've been really, really good), what -bike stuff-would be top of your Santa wish list? Why?

Johnny O-R said:
If moolah was no object (or if you've been really, really good), what -bike stuff-would be top of your Santa wish list? Why?

Ok! I would take a New Trek Madone 5.9 ,which I could afford if I thought it would actually be better than what I have, but let me finish.
I would ride it along side Tyler, Lance and Robin Williams for a century ride and boy would we talk some ****.
I want some answers to a lot of questions. Robin would be there for the comic relief.
All of them of course would be paid for their time.
At the end of the ride Heidi Klume would give me a two hour full body massage while I partake of Napolean Brandy and ........ uhhh I lost my train of thought.Sorry!

I am sure someone can top this!

Johnny O-R said:
WOW! If money were no object? We're talking huge ass lottery type money here? Well, OK then ... here's what I would have in the stable ... the bicycle stable. Of course, there would be a different kind of stable too, or harem but that's another thread.

Rather than having a suped up super bike ... well on second thought I'd like to have one. OK, let's start over. I'd have one really nice high end super bike with several other decent bikes. Kind of like having one for every day of the week.

Super Bike = '05 Specialized Roubaix Pro Double

Rainy days & Mondays = '04 Felt F90 (also for trainer use)

Touring Tuesday = '04 Specialized Sequoia Elite with Ultegra hubs and Open Pro rims

Wild Wednesday = '05 Giant NRS 1 sans hydrolic brakes

Club Ride Thursday = '05 Specialized Allez Elite Double (love that red)

Freaky Friday = a pre-Pacific Cycle hardtail GT Zaskar with full XT build

Century Saturday = '04 Raleigh Supercourse

Sleepy Sunday = '71 fully restored Schwinn Grey Ghost (beautiful)

http://www.schwinnbike.com/heritage/attachment.php?postid=63258

What bike stuff? All the best and top of the line. Why? Why not. Whatever rates the highest amongst cyclist.

Just because tyres can go out easily I would want to have spears at hand. So if I were to make a list for santa I would certainly put that first but i'd also want the best ones available.

I already have one bike that is still working fine not that old though. I do not need any new one in the near future. I guess I would save that money first or use for my other interests like travel.

If money problems are of no issue, then I would definitely buy a specialized triathlon bike for competitions. It is sort of a humble-brag symbol in bike clubs and groups during road bike meetings and training. Some would cost around 5000 dollars which is a hefty price for a bike; it is almost like buying a car. But aside from bragging it around, it has aerodynamics and is solely built for the road, which would be great not only for triathlons but also for solely bike competitions.

I'm thinking of some paints so I can give my steed a new look.

On a more realistic scale, I've got my eye on some new wheels and tyres, plus a GPS unit, but I don't really see the need for the latter seeing as how I use my phone for all my navigation needs.

I would maybe add a new bike to the list with light weight frame to make my daily commute easier. I am not very good in uphills so better bike would improve my situation a lot.

I have this page on facebook with some hi-tech stuff and they have many posts about some new bikes and equipment.Given the chance to choose i have to say it would be a choice not easy to make. If i had to make one choice it would be this one. I guess i like it the most. It looks very good and has good performances.
Lamborghini bike
http://uncrate.com/p/2013/03/bmc-lamborghini-bike-xl.jpg

I would just be happy to have a new bike that is properly tuned because the last one I bought was not properly assembled and the issue now is that is causing me a lot of trouble...

oportosanto said:
I would just be happy to have a new bike that is properly tuned because the last one I bought was not properly assembled and the issue now is that is causing me a lot of trouble...
Why not make a thread somewhere on here with the problems you're having? There are some bright people here that may be able to help you solve your problems or ease them somewhat with some DIY.

Just a little suggestion that might be worth a shot :)