JLO

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Danschmatz, Jun 21, 2003.

  1. Danschmatz

    Danschmatz Guest

    He is killing it at Beauce...

    Tags:

  2. "DanSchmatz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > He is killing it at Beauce...

    Cool, but I thought he was Sleepy JL.

    J-Lo is ex-Saturn rider John Loehner.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  3. Danschmatz

    Danschmatz Guest

    Maybe Sleepy to you guys but he is JLO to us.

  4. DanSchmatz wrote:
    > Maybe Sleepy to you guys but he is JLO to us.

    I haven't seen John in years. Wasn't he supposed to go to med school and become a physician?
    Met him in '86 in a training camp (I think he was about 18 at the time). He was about the
    nicest young man I'd ever met. Probably would be great at anything he set his mind to.

    Steve

  5. "Steven Bornfeld" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > DanSchmatz wrote:
    > > Maybe Sleepy to you guys but he is JLO to us.
    >
    > I haven't seen John in years. Wasn't he supposed to go to med
    school
    > and become a physician?

    He's on his way. I think he starts his residency soon.

    JT
    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  6. in article 0YlJa.3938$N%[email protected], John Forrest Tomlinson at

    > "Steven Bornfeld" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>

    >> DanSchmatz wrote:
    >>> Maybe Sleepy to you guys but he is JLO to us.
    >>
    >> I haven't seen John in years. Wasn't he supposed to go to med
    > school
    >> and become a physician?
    >
    > He's on his way. I think he starts his residency soon.

    That's his wife you guys are thinking of, not John. And I believe she's a vet, not a physician. But
    they've been moving around the country looking for a good place for her to finish her program.

    Adam

  7. "Adam Hodges Myerson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB1BA3B6.8413%
    > That's his wife you guys are thinking of, not John. And I believe
    she's a
    > vet, not a physician. But they've been moving around the country
    looking for
    > a good place for her to finish her program.

    I see him a couple times a month on the road and am pretty sure he just wrapped up med school
    (for humans).

  8. On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:19:34 GMT, Adam Hodges Myerson wrote:
    > That's his wife you guys are thinking of, not John. And I believe she's a vet, not a physician.

    Always good to have a vet in the family.

  9. Her ass is still too fat for her to be a good climber.

  10. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  11. Robert Chung wrote:

    > "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Her ass is still too fat for her to be a good climber.
    >
    > Weapons of mass destruction.

    Is THAT where they hid them?

  12. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Robert Chung wrote:
    >
    > > "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Her ass is still too fat for her to be a good climber.
    > >
    > > Weapons of mass destruction.
    >
    > Is THAT where they hid them?

    Well, I had, of course, considered that possibility. Given it quite a bit of thought, actually. Lots
    and lots of thought. Hmmm. Where was I? Oh yes. Alas, I believe the evidence points elsewhere. I now
    believe that whenever evidence was needed, Rumsfeld pulled it out of his ass.

  13. Just to take this back to the OP, congratulations to Lieswyn and the 7-Up team for winning Beauce.
    I'm looking forward to the first-hand report on cyclingnews.com (both on the racing and development
    planning in Quebec).

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  14. I just realized, you're talking about Loener. I'm talking about Lieswyn. We're both right...

    in article slqJa.5008$N%[email protected], John Forrest Tomlinson at

    > "Adam Hodges Myerson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB1BA3B6.8413%
    >> That's his wife you guys are thinking of, not John. And I believe
    > she's a
    >> vet, not a physician. But they've been moving around the country
    > looking for
    >> a good place for her to finish her program.
    >
    > I see him a couple times a month on the road and am pretty sure he just wrapped up med school (for
    > humans).
    >
    > JT

    > NB: reply-to address is munged
    >
    > Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  15. Amit

    Amit Guest

    > Just to take this back to the OP, congratulations to Lieswyn and the 7-Up team for winning Beauce.
    > I'm looking forward to the first-hand report on cyclingnews.com (both on the racing and
    > development planning in Quebec).
    >
    > JT

    this is from his cyclingnews diary entry:

    "All evening I'm in a funk. I never miss races, no matter how bad I feel physically. But I'm really
    considering bagging on the Tour de Beauce, which starts Tuesday. I'll only have four hours to do
    laundry, pay bills, do errands, and find a ride to the airport. On top of that, I feel like I've
    been run over by a semi truck. Rest, I tell myself. Monday morning: As Dawn gets ready for work I
    tell her I'm taking the week off and staying home. I call Jeff, who is already in Quebec, and tell
    him I'm 90 percent against coming up. In a ten minute phone call he somehow manages to listen to me,
    be supportive, and at the same time convince me to come anyway. How'd he do that?"

    -Amit