Jock Itch :-)

Bob Incognito

Guest
This Sydney humidity and lycra pants just don't mix!

> This Sydney humidity and lycra pants just don't mix!

I thought you said it was lice !

hippy wrote:

> "Arpit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > this page might help:
> > http://www.playingsafely.co.uk/12stisofchristmas/12-STIs.html

> haha! :)
>
> I think Canestan(sp?) is what you need for jock itch..
>
> hippy
> a public service message from your local chemist...

"Am-O-Lin" cream, in the Baby Stuff aisle of Your Local Supermarket is
very fine for soothing and fixing just normal chamois-regional
ouchiness, but if you are getting a bow-legged walk...

First hit from
http://www.google.com.au/search?num=100&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&as_qdr=all&q=+"canesten"&spell=1
"Canesten
"The Canesten brand from Bayer AG offers effective topical treatment of
"fungal infections. ... Today, Canesten® is available in many countries.
"www.canesten.com/ - 21k - Cached - Similar pages "

Yep, go the Canesten (your g/f may have some kicking about in the
medicine cabinet... :p ). Make sure u keep applying it well after the,
umm, Unpleasantness has gone away, or it might flare up again.

Umm... OR SO, AHEM, A FRIEND WHO HAD THIS KIND OF PROBLEM TOLD ME.

***

Fred Nieman wrote:
> Umm... OR SO, AHEM, A FRIEND WHO HAD THIS KIND OF PROBLEM TOLD ME.

or go old skool and put a old banana down the back of yr knick(ers)

--

I thought old school was to urinate in your boots?
"cfsmtb" <spam@spameggs&spam.com.vic> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Fred Nieman wrote:
> > Umm... OR SO, AHEM, A FRIEND WHO HAD THIS KIND OF PROBLEM TOLD ME.

> or go old skool and put a old banana down the back of yr knick(ers)
>

> --

yep, but also for heat rash, which is essentially what jock itch is...

"Jake" <j@com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Isn't Canestan for tinea?
>

> "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Arpit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > this page might help:
> > > http://www.playingsafely.co.uk/12stisofchristmas/12-STIs.html

> > haha! :)
> >
> > I think Canestan(sp?) is what you need for jock itch..
> >
> > hippy
> > a public service message from your local chemist...
> >

> "Jake" <j@com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Isn't Canestan for tinea?

"Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> yep, but also for heat rash, which is essentially what jock itch is...

I think Canestan is a fungicide. It kills the
bacteria that causes the itchiness.
It can be used anywhere on the body afaik.
Also, isn't heat rash just a prickly, red-skin
feeling you get during/after exercise for
some reason? Not a rash as such, just your
skin getting too hot or venting excess heat?
Try googling for it...

hippy

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 21:08:10 GMT, "hippy"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I think Canestan is a fungicide. It kills the

Correct

>bacteria that causes the itchiness.

Incorrect. Being a fungicide, it kills fungal organisms

>It can be used anywhere on the body afaik.
>Also, isn't heat rash just a prickly, red-skin
>feeling you get during/after exercise for

Correct again. Heat rash is not the same as tinea or jock-itch or
thrush.

---
Cheers

PeterC

[Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
[and there's nothing you can do about it at all]

"Peter Cremasco" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >I think Canestan is a fungicide. It kills the

> Correct

Yay! What do I win?

> >bacteria that causes the itchiness.

> Incorrect. Being a fungicide, it kills fungal organisms

Oh, my bad.. I just thought they were the
same thing.. knew I shoulda paid more attention
in chemistry classes...

Fungus: A microorganism that lacks chlorophyll.

Bacteria: A large group of single-cell microorganisms. Some
cause infections and disease in animals and humans. The singular
of bacteria is bacterium.

hippy