Jock of the Bushveld

G

It's official, no more stages!!! This is sure going to be one 150km race not meant for the faint-hearted!!!

It's rediculous. This means that only the top guys will be able to do it. The last time I rode it was in 1994 and still only managed to finish it in 5h19m (that's only ride time). I wanted to do it next year but will first see if they gonna continue with this "no stage" setup.

Me? I will be there. If it takes me the day to finish it then so be it.

Regards

Done it the previous two years (under very bad circumstances) and will try again this year. What a challenge it's going to be!!

Mampara, we'll come back with war stories to tell after the race!!

Virgin Jock tour for me this year. I believe it's a flat race with some minor out-of-category climbs. Stages or no-stages I can't wait for end July. :)

I believe it's a flat race with some minor out-of-category climbs.

;D ;D ;D Are you going to get a surprise!!!! Where did you hear that?

please note that this is a flecken hard race and is not for the faint hearted for those who completed the argus in under 4:30hrs it will be hard for those who came in after that i suggest that this year you try the 60 km.or the 105km(i think)as the 150km is a real toughy and needs preparation it is not flat!!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :-/Flash

To all you guys going down to the Lowveld this weekend for the Jock Cycle Classic, Good Luck. Just hope we will have favourable weather. See you on the road!!!

Yep, good luck to all. It's a hard ride for an early season event. Hope you all have a good one!

Well, thats over with for another year! I found Boulders easier this year, but took major strain over the last section. They seem to have found some extra hills, and grown the others by a couple of meters.

It was pleasure finishing in the middle of the day instead of at about 4:30. It meant I even got a hot shower for a chnage!

I believe the Boulders climb is quite a toughy, difficult so early in the season?

Yeah, Boulders is tough, much worse than anything else we do on any of the other funrides. Maybe as long as Ou Kaapse Weg, but definitely steeper, and the steeps bits are all at the top! Most (non-MTB) guys were using about 39:25 gears.

Anyone heard anything from the guy that went down the cliffs at Boulders and broke his back?

Anyone heard anything from the guy that went down the cliffs at Boulders and broke his back?  
My cousin is one of the nurses at 1 Mil (he was on the defense team) ICU where he was taken. I didn't race (me lazy, me bad) and the first i heard about it was from her the following day. He was apparently still unconscious when last i heard. I'll let you know anything further I hear.

Heard he went over the cliff at 110km/h :eek: No wonder he is in a critical condition.