joggers

Loki

Guest
I don't mean to start a cross-sport war but I've had a second incident involving joggers. Last fall
I was eastbound on College Ave - a two lane city street with bike lanes. Coming the other way was a
gaggle of female, I assume frosh from the University. They were jogging in the bike lane on there
left/ my right and they did not even cede the lane but forced me to swing wide around them. The bike
lane is well marked including the little universal bike symbol for the illiterate. Now last week I
came upon a middle aged lone male jogger along the same area, same situation

Wass'up up wi' dat? First of all wouldn't minimal courtesy require the jogger to cede the lane
seeing as they must be aware the area was intended for bikes. I now if I were in a similar
situation In an area marked as pedestrian the very least I would to would be to cede right of way.

Second; why do they prefer the bike lane? This stretch of road not only has a sidewalk but an
asphalt sidewalk with a wide strip of grass separating it from the road. I can't imagine what
benefit the road would have for a jogger over the sidewalk or grass.

--
'As your looks start slipping; so should your standards.' -red green

In article <[email protected]>,
"loki" <[email protected]> writes:

> Second; why do they prefer the bike lane? This stretch of road not only has a sidewalk but an
> asphalt sidewalk with a wide strip of grass separating it from the road. I can't imagine what
> benefit the road would have for a jogger over the sidewalk or grass.

Sometimes I encounter joggers on some streets here. I don't mind 'em; at least they stick to their
lines. But I do wish certain of 'em would wear something reflective at night.

It's the wrong-way riders that really get my goat.

cheers, Tom