Jogging Stroller Recommendations

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Harold Buck, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. Harold Buck

    Harold Buck Guest

    My wife and I recently had our second child, and I'm thinking it's finally time to bite the bullet
    and buy a jogging stroller. Does anyone have a recemmendation on a good double jogging stroller?

    Also, can a double stroller be used with one child?

    I apologize if this have been covered before. I searched google groups without much luck.

    --Harold Buck

    - Homer J. Simpson

    Tags:

  2. Susan In La

    Susan In La Guest

    congratulations!

    I love my B.O.B. stroller. Don't know anything about double strollers (except that it is extremely
    annoying to have someone pushing one pass you in a race).

    susan in l.a.

    "Harold Buck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My wife and I recently had our second child, and I'm thinking it's finally time to bite the bullet
    > and buy a jogging stroller. Does anyone have a recemmendation on a good double jogging stroller?
    >
    > Also, can a double stroller be used with one child?
    >
    > I apologize if this have been covered before. I searched google groups without much luck.
    >
    > --Harold Buck
    >

    > "I used to rock and roll all night, and party every day. Then it was every other day. . . ."
    >
    > - Homer J. Simpson

  3. Rsquared

    Rsquared Guest

    "Harold Buck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My wife and I recently had our second child, and I'm thinking it's finally time to bite the bullet
    > and buy a jogging stroller. Does anyone have a recemmendation on a good double jogging stroller?
    >
    > Also, can a double stroller be used with one child?
    >
    > I apologize if this have been covered before. I searched google groups without much luck.
    >
    > --Harold Buck

    I suggest trying (borrowing) one for a solo ride with #1 child. Mine HATED
    it. I would have really been annoyed if I had purchased one and then had to store it.

    Part of it was my problem. My gate surges noticeably. This would make any kid sea sick.

    rsquared

  4. P.F.

    P.F. Guest

    I suggest trying (borrowing) some birth control.

    "rsquared" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Harold Buck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > My wife and I recently had our second child, and I'm thinking it's finally time to bite the
    > > bullet and buy a jogging stroller. Does anyone have a recemmendation on a good double jogging
    > > stroller?
    > >
    > > Also, can a double stroller be used with one child?
    > >
    > > I apologize if this have been covered before. I searched google groups without much luck.
    > >
    > > --Harold Buck
    >
    > I suggest trying (borrowing) one for a solo ride with #1 child. Mine
    HATED
    > it. I would have really been annoyed if I had purchased one and then had
    > store it.
    >
    > Part of it was my problem. My gate surges noticeably. This would make
    any
    > kid sea sick.
    >
    > rsquared

  5. Harold Buck

    Harold Buck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "P.F." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "rsquared" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Harold Buck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > My wife and I recently had our second child, and I'm thinking it's finally time to bite the
    > > > bullet and buy a jogging stroller. Does anyone have a recemmendation on a good double jogging
    > > > stroller?
    > > >
    > > > Also, can a double stroller be used with one child?
    > > >
    > > > I apologize if this have been covered before. I searched google groups without much luck.
    > > >
    > > > --Harold Buck
    > >
    > > I suggest trying (borrowing) one for a solo ride with #1 child. Mine
    > HATED
    > > it. I would have really been annoyed if I had purchased one and then had
    > > store it.
    > >
    > > Part of it was my problem. My gate surges noticeably. This would make
    > any
    > > kid sea sick.
    > >
    > > rsquared
    > >

    > I suggest trying (borrowing) some birth control.

    Is that what your parents wished they'd have done?

    --Harold Buck

    - Homer J. Simpson

  6. "P.F." <[email protected]> wrote in news:p_Zlb.59000$mp1.58707 @nwrddc02.gnilink.net:

    > I suggest trying (borrowing) some birth control.

    Based on this tiny glimpse of your personality, I support your decision not to reproduce.

    Tom

  7. Van Lew

    Van Lew Guest

    Harold Buck <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>, "P.F." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> "rsquared" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > "Harold Buck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> > news:[email protected]...

    >> > I suggest trying (borrowing) one for a solo ride with #1 child. Mine
    >> HATED
    >> > it. I would have really been annoyed if I had purchased one and then had

    Harold

    I would also suggest that if you have a sports consignment store nearby check them out.
    I was just recently at one in Raleigh NC and they must have had at least 5 or 6 of
    those things. Guess it's something you only need for a fairly short time. Some of them
    looked unused.

    BTW, don't sweat those other comments about birth control. He won't be reproducing.

    BITSOW

    Van

  8. Criterium

    Criterium Guest

    Being the father of four, with three having completed 1/2 marathons in either a single or double
    baby jogger, my wife and I love them. The double is a bit big, but really no more difficult to push
    than the single (we have both). Get the rain shield and and put a blanket on their toes. Our kids
    get some of their best naps in the Baby Joggers. And use the Baby Jogger brand baby joggers with the
    largest wheels possible. It's a better ride and a better push. "Harold Buck"