JOGLE Red hair do ?!!?....

"Helen Deborah Vecht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thus spake "Dave" <[email protected]>
>
> > If I don't finish this at least 2 stone lighter I am going to be so
p*ssed
> > off!!
>

> If you as much as half a stone in weight (in 10 days), you will lose muscle & feel really awful.
>
> --
> Helen D. Vecht: [email protected] Edgware.

oh, that's right...I keep forgetting, it's *muscle* ;-)

Good news is I work at a leisure centre and, bless 'em, they've decided to sponsor me by donating 24
M&M chocolate brownies from the sweet machines supply. For those not familiar with these pearls of
the devil, they are tastebud 'n' tum hedonism for those who have a really, really sweet tooth. 50%
carb, 25% fat and the promise from 'duh management' that one of them will keep me going all day
!!...trouble is, they're going to double the overall luggage weight!

Dave.

Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 00:24:30 -0000, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >So, anyone know if there's any trees in Scotland, north of Inverness ? (only disadvantage of
> >hammocks ;-)
>
> A hammock? Crikey.
>
> How about a Thermarest and bivibag instead?
>
> Good luck and let us know how you get on.
>

> Bob

Ok, here I am.....6 days into it and things going fairly well.. managing the 100 miles a day but
gave up on the hammock after night 1 spent in John O'Groats on park bench in mini-mal shopping
centre. Realised it wasn't going to be a good way to start the day for 10 days @ 100 miles per day.
Stayed at Carbisdale castle 2nd night...much better. Suffered abcess under upper molars for 5 days.
Started to ruin experience 'cos pain was getting through countless ibuprofen. Eventually went to
Carlisle A&E. Bless 'em, went in with the scalpel, drained it off (apparently it was the biggest
they'd ever seen!!) and gave me loads of really strong antibiotics, gradually getting better....
Landed at home tonight as planned part of journey. As it was my birthday yesterday we had a lovely
little party - yehhaaa zzzzzz.. ;-) Anyway, thanks to Jim from Glasgow for taking half an hour out
of his journey home to help me find the road to Kilmarnock, what a hero..and also to Barry of
Preston, who offered me accomodation and good company on the way back when I bumped into him on the
way upto JOG at Preston station. I was not dissappointed, Barry not only remembered the offer but
exceeded all expectations too!, many thanks. Days so far :- JOG to Carbisdale Carbisdale to Fort
Augustus Fort Augustus to Kilmarnock (some explaining to do later on this one ;-) Kilmarnock to
Carlisle (& A&E - ouch!) Carlisle to Preston Preston to Wolverhampton

Still to go:- Wolverhampton to Bristol Bristol to Bideford Bideford to Penzance Penzance to Lands
End and take it easy a bit ;-)

Let you know when I get back Hasn't the weather been phenomenal ??....If you're going to do this,
make sure you sort the weather before you go ;-)

I hate punctures. Can't remember the last one I had when out riding....managed 4 so far. None from
JOG to Glasgow, then 3 one day and 1 today. Not overly impressed with the Conti tourists. Also got 1
slashed tyre with puncture repairs on inside and out...lasted since Glasgow so far..... gotta sleep,
night! Dave.

On 24 Mar 2003 14:57:44 -0800, [email protected] (Dave) wrote:

>Ok, here I am.....6 days into it and things going fairly well.. managing the 100 miles a day but
>gave up on the hammock after night 1 spent in John O'Groats on park bench in mini-mal shopping
>centre. Realised it wasn't going to be a good way to start the day for 10 days @ 100 miles per day.
>Stayed at Carbisdale castle 2nd night...much better. Suffered abcess under upper molars for 5 days.
>Started to ruin experience 'cos pain was getting through countless ibuprofen. Eventually went to
>Carlisle A&E. Bless 'em, went in with the scalpel, drained it off (apparently it was the biggest
>they'd ever seen!!) and gave me loads of really strong antibiotics, gradually getting better....
>Landed at home tonight as planned part of journey. As it was my birthday yesterday we had a lovely
>little party - yehhaaa zzzzzz.. ;-) Anyway, thanks to Jim from Glasgow for taking half an hour out
>of his journey home to help me find the road to Kilmarnock, what a hero..and also to Barry of
>Preston, who offered me accomodation and good company on the way back when I bumped into him on the
>way upto JOG at Preston station. I was not dissappointed, Barry not only remembered the offer but
>exceeded all expectations too!, many thanks.

Good man! Keep at it!

:eek:)

Bob

Dave wrote:

> Ok, here I am.....6 days into it and things going fairly well..

> Hasn't the weather been phenomenal ??....If you're going to do this, make sure you sort the
> weather before you go ;-)

Well done so far.

I foresee you are going to be in great demand for arranging the weather for cycle tours ;-)

BTW what's it going to be like in early May on the IOW?

John B