Johan Bruyneel's newsletter

thunder

Jan 8, 2006
Read this, how is this schlock for ya, sounds like something from the Israeli communications officer

JOHAN BRUYNEEL
THE 2009 FLANDERS-AMERICA AWARD RECIPIENT
Johan’s doing more than winning bike races these days! In late February, Flanders House New York opened its doors and honored Johan for his significant contributions to the relationship between Flanders and America. In front of a capacity filled crowd at the New York Times Building, Johan touched upon the shared values of both Flemings and Americans that led to his historic run with his American counterpart Lance Armstrong. "My success with Lance was based on many shared values that both Flanders and America hold – determination, professionalism and winning with integrity. It’s this that I’m most proud of – not just what we won, but how we won. We may just be two people, but I think our accomplishments exemplify what happens when individuals, groups, governments and countries come together with the same goals and values.”

Lance was unable to attend the ceremony, however sent in a video congratulating his partner. "It is an honor to send a video to my coach and longtime friend, Johan Bruyneel. In my opinion, Johan is not only the greatest coach in sports, but in the history of sports. He's clearly not only had an impact on me and other cyclists, but also people from Flanders, America and other countries throughout the world."

Pictures of the event can be found here.

Please visit Flanders House New York to read about the event and learn more about this unique collaboration.

TWITTER TIME
Want to know what’s going on when it’s going on? Updates from Johan in the team car? Life on the road with Team Astana? Well, then get connected on Twitter.

@johanbruyneel | @TeamAstana

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOIN THE TEAM & RIDE FOR LIVESTRONG
In the first month, over $20,000 have been raised for cancer research through the Ride For LIVESTRONG! Steve Morabito has logged the most km in February and currently leads the overall race km contest. Join the 3,000 plus supporters who have united with Team Astana to fight cancer! Get involved!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHEF CHECHU?
Well, we may just have to wait one more year till we see Chechu in the kitchen of his new Bay Area (USA) restaurant, Barlata. Read all about Chechu’s involvement in the tapas bar, including pictures from his recent visit!

WINS IN 2009: 6
Alberto Contador
Stage 4, Volta ao Algarve
Alberto Contador
Overall, Volta ao Algarve
Levi Leipheimer
Stage 6, Tour of California
Levi Leipheimer
Overall, Tour of California
Alberto Contador
Stage 1, Paris-Nice
Alberto Contador
Stage 6, Paris-Nice
FEATURE STORE ITEM
Celebrate Team Astana and Levi Leipheimer’s Tour of California win with this Limited Edition victory t-shirt.

>> Order yours here

DIE KUNST ZU SIEGEN
Johan’s book is coming out in German this summer.

Here’s your opportunity to be the first to read it.

>> Preorder now!

©2009 Astana Cycling Team. All Rghts Reserved.
To Unsubscribe, please click here.

Baloney.

Flanders and America?
The only thing Flanders and America have in common is..............Ned!

Wait a minute, wasn't Flanders where operation market garden came a cropper?

Circa 1944 if memory serves me.
Expect the chamois sniffers will have to google that one........completely over their collective heads.
As indeed Bruyneel too.

limerickman said:
Baloney.

Flanders and America?
The only thing Flanders and America have in common is..............Ned!

Circa 1944 if memory serves me.
Expect the chamois sniffers will have to google that one........completely over their collective heads.
As indeed Bruyneel too.
Bruyneel is Dutch tho, so exaggerates the absurdity.

thunder said:
Bruyneel is Dutch tho, so exaggerates the absurdity.
A bit of geography here:

Dutch > Netherlands
Belgian > Belgium

Bruyneel > Belgian

Right?

From a Luxembourger fed up hearing Luxembourg is in Germany (yes, and our official languages are French and Luxembourgish)

adamastor said:
A bit of geography here:

Dutch > Netherlands
Belgian > Belgium

Bruyneel > Belgian

Right?

From a Luxembourger fed up hearing Luxembourg is in Germany (yes, and our official languages are French and Luxembourgish)
I got conflated Rabobank squad member, and his nationality. No need to be a smartarse.

limerickman said:
Uh-oh. I just had a flashback to a mess of a movie with an ensemble cast, A Bridge Too Far.