Johan's house raided

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Hold My Beer An, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Supposedly 20 or so homes of Belgian cyclists were raided this morning, in a doping investigation.
    Supposedly Mussew's house was searched, he was questioned, and his computer seized.

    Anyone have anymore news...?

    Tags:

  2. Jms

    Jms Guest

    > Supposedly 20 or so homes of Belgian cyclists were raided this morning, in a doping investigation.
    > Supposedly Mussew's house was searched, he was questioned, and his computer seized.

    Say it 'aint so, Jo!

    -JMS

  3. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

  4. Sabine

    Sabine Guest

    "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Supposedly 20 or so homes of Belgian cyclists were raided this morning, in a doping investigation.
    > Supposedly Mussew's house was searched, he was questioned, and his computer seized.
    >
    > Anyone have anymore news...?

    No more news, but for some reason Johann having a computer suprises me more than them possibly
    finding vet products at his house.

    Sabine

  5. Bart

    Bart Guest

    As always, there's more spectacle than actual facts. Right now, only 6 riders are mentioned. And
    among those, the partners of Planckaert and De Clercq deny their houses have been investigated.

    Seems like a Mabuse-esque case... so no real doping. More the Belgian cycling equivalent of
    voodoo :)

  6. On 4 Sep 2003 11:44:38 -0700, sabine wrote:
    > No more news, but for some reason Johann having a computer suprises me more than them possibly
    > finding vet products at his house.

    He regularly writes updates (diary entries) for his website www.johanmuseeuw.com (only in Dutch).

  7. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    Does anyone know if Van Petegem's house was raided? I wonder if the vet under investigation is the
    one who was treating VDB's dog last year.

    "sabine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Supposedly 20 or so homes of Belgian cyclists were raided this morning,
    in a
    > > doping investigation. Supposedly Mussew's house was searched, he was questioned, and his
    > > computer seized.
    > >
    > > Anyone have anymore news...?
    >
    > No more news, but for some reason Johann having a computer suprises me more than them possibly
    > finding vet products at his house.
    >
    > Sabine

  8. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > As always, BART

    Dude, please do not capitalize Bart's name. It is too confusing after the Bart\BART Bay Area Rapid
    Transit jokes.

    Thanks

  9. Fred Marx

    Fred Marx Guest

    B. Lafferty wrote:

    > Does anyone know if Van Petegem's house was raided? I wonder if the vet under investigation is the
    > one who was treating VDB's dog last year.

    Funny that they specifically stated that VDB was *not* involved.....

  10. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Fred Marx <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know if Van Petegem's house was raided? I wonder if the vet under investigation is
    >> the one who was treating VDB's dog last year.
    >>

    > Funny that they specifically stated that VDB was *not* involved.....

    but they never his dog wasn't

  11. sabine wrote:

    > "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>Supposedly 20 or so homes of Belgian cyclists were raided this morning, in a doping investigation.
    >>Supposedly Mussew's house was searched, he was questioned, and his computer seized.
    >>
    >>Anyone have anymore news...?
    >

    > No more news, but for some reason Johann having a computer suprises me more than them possibly
    > finding vet products at his house.
    >
    > Sabine

    Why would that be? What would you see being hauled out of his house? A C64? Apple ][? IBM XT? Or
    maybe something fitting of a classics rider, like an IMSAI 8080 with CP/M?

  12. DiabloScott

    DiabloScott New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Messages:
    2,284
    TRS-80 of course... with the tape reader.

  13. saw Museeuw' wife interviewed while Johan was still being questioned. She was very relaxed, and said
    the vet is a big fan and a very close friend they visit pretty often.

    Judicial sources say "the link to cycling is just a top of the iceberg of a huge profits making
    black market network in the agro sector." Then why do months of 'work' mount to another cycling
    incriminating spectacle?

    Yes I do know something about pigeon races. Doping is normal among the big players. But the animals
    aren't supposed to perform for 15 years....

  14. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Nick Burns wrote:
    > Dude, please do not capitalize Bart's name. It is too confusing after the Bart\BART Bay Area Rapid
    > Transit jokes.

    But the BART alter ego has copyright on that name. SF will just have to change the acronym for its
    transportation system or face a court case under the somewhat peculiar American legal system which
    allows just about anything to be patented. Or if the Terminator becomes governor he can organize a
    regime change in Belgium and have BART terminated.

  15. The vet has admitted he delivered 'products' to cyclists.....

    Earlier this week this man was the doping control official at an important horse race in Waregem.

  16. Ewoud Dronkert schreef:

    > He regularly writes updates (diary entries) for his website www.johanmuseeuw.com (only in Dutch).

    Right now their guestbook is bursting out with supportive messages.

    A clever Dutchman posted at 14:21 today....

  17. QSD announces Johan will simply race as foreseen this weekend: Midden-Zeeland on Sat, Leuven on Sun.

    An indication he isn't expecting much further judicial hassle.

  18. On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 16:28:20 +0200, Van Hoorebeeck Bart wrote:
    > A clever Dutchman posted at 14:21 today....

    Indeed. He seems to be in the know.

    E.-not in the know, but still with lots of vet friends.

  19. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 16:28:20 +0200, Van Hoorebeeck Bart wrote:
    >> A clever Dutchman posted at 14:21 today....

    > Indeed. He seems to be in the know.

    > E.-not in the know, but still with lots of vet friends.

    Do you have any pets? A dog or a bird perhaps?

    Now that I think of it, doesn't Henry have a bird?

    Bob "Owns a cat, he's overweight and races Masters" Schwartz [email protected]

  20. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    Van Hoorebeeck Bart <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > The vet has admitted he delivered 'products' to cyclists.....
    >
    > Earlier this week this man was the doping control official at an important horse race in Waregem.

    This must be the same vet that prescribed doping products for VDB's dog

    NS