Johan's house raided

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Hold My Beer An, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Sabine

    Sabine Guest

    Richard Adams <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > sabine wrote:
    >
    > > "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > >>Supposedly 20 or so homes of Belgian cyclists were raided this morning, in a doping
    > >>investigation. Supposedly Mussew's house was searched, he was questioned, and his computer
    > >>seized.
    > >>
    > >>Anyone have anymore news...?
    > >

    > > No more news, but for some reason Johann having a computer suprises me more than them possibly
    > > finding vet products at his house.
    > >
    > > Sabine
    >
    > Why would that be? What would you see being hauled out of his house? A C64? Apple ][? IBM XT? Or
    > maybe something fitting of a classics rider, like an IMSAI 8080 with CP/M?

    More like a couple of sticks and some rocks. Hard ass classics riders shouldn't be dinking around
    with computers. They should be living bare bones monastic lives dedicated to suffering. I bet Ludo
    isn't sitting at home logging on to AOL and seeing which of his buddies are online

    Sabine

  2. "sabine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > More like a couple of sticks and some rocks. Hard ass classics riders shouldn't be dinking around
    > with computers. They should be living bare bones monastic lives dedicated to suffering. I bet Ludo
    > isn't sitting at home logging on to AOL and seeing which of his buddies are online

    I wonder which rbr alias Johann posts under?

  3. "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 16:28:20 +0200, Van Hoorebeeck Bart wrote:
    > >> A clever Dutchman posted at 14:21 today....
    >
    > > Indeed. He seems to be in the know.
    >
    > > E.-not in the know, but still with lots of vet friends.
    >
    > Do you have any pets? A dog or a bird perhaps?
    >
    > Now that I think of it, doesn't Henry have a bird?

    I've got a parrot - he's a great pet.

    He's about to get even better - I'm going to see if I can get ecstacy, cocaine and marijuana
    prescriptions for him (to help him relieve boredom when he's alone).

  4. On 09/05/2003 09:33 AM, in article [email protected], "Ewoud
    Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 16:28:20 +0200, Van Hoorebeeck Bart wrote:
    >> A clever Dutchman posted at 14:21 today....
    >
    > Indeed. He seems to be in the know.
    >
    > E.-not in the know, but still with lots of vet friends.

    Translation please?

    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  5. On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 00:44:54 GMT, Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
    > Translation please?

    "dutch" wrote: Well, Johan is good and we shall certailnly remember him as a champion. I think it
    would be incredibly stupid of him if it turns out he did take from the candy jar. But we musn't draw
    conclusions as long as the opposite doesn't surface (ed: huh?). It is strange indeed that the man
    (JM) seemed very knowledgable regarding hormones and strengthening food and knew for sure what can
    and what cannot be found. The triangle Oostrozebeke, Harelbeke, Izegem is a dangerous one I realize
    today. Who are Armstrong's entourage again? Correct, also people from that triangle...

    Original: Tja, Johan is goed en we zullen hem zeker als kampioen herinneren. Ik zou het wel
    ontzettend dom van hem vinden mocht hij zich toch in de snoeppot hebben begeven. Maar we mogen geen
    conclusie trekken zolang het tegendeel niet boven water komt. Vreemd is het wel dat de man op gebied
    van hormonen en versterkende middelen zeer goed op de hoogte was en zeker wist wat wel en wat niet
    kan worden gevonden. De driehoek Oostrozebeke, harelbeke, Izegem, is wel een gevaarlijke bedenk ik
    me vandaag. Waar laat Armstrong zich ook weer door omringen? Juist ook door mensen uit die
    driehoek...

  6. Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

    > On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 00:44:54 GMT, Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
    >
    >>Translation please?
    >

    > "dutch" wrote: Well, Johan is good and we shall certailnly remember him as a champion. I think it
    > would be incredibly stupid of him if it turns out he did take from the candy jar. But we musn't
    > draw conclusions as long as the opposite doesn't surface (ed: huh?). It is strange indeed that the
    > man (JM) seemed very knowledgable regarding hormones and strengthening food and knew for sure what
    > can and what cannot be found. The triangle Oostrozebeke, Harelbeke, Izegem is a dangerous one I
    > realize today. Who are Armstrong's entourage again? Correct, also people from that triangle...
    >
    > Original: Tja, Johan is goed en we zullen hem zeker als kampioen herinneren. Ik zou het wel
    > ontzettend dom van hem vinden mocht hij zich toch in de snoeppot hebben begeven. Maar we mogen
    > geen conclusie trekken zolang het tegendeel niet boven water komt. Vreemd is het wel dat de man op
    > gebied van hormonen en versterkende middelen zeer goed op de hoogte was en zeker wist wat wel en
    > wat niet kan worden gevonden. De driehoek Oostrozebeke, harelbeke, Izegem, is wel een gevaarlijke
    > bedenk ik me vandaag. Waar laat Armstrong zich ook weer door omringen? Juist ook door mensen uit
    > die driehoek...

    Hm, was this a quote from Greg Lemond in a dutch copy of Sports Illustrated?

  7. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Henry is NOT of that persuation.

    "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 16:28:20 +0200, Van Hoorebeeck Bart wrote:
    > >> A clever Dutchman posted at 14:21 today....
    >
    > > Indeed. He seems to be in the know.
    >
    > > E.-not in the know, but still with lots of vet friends.
    >
    > Do you have any pets? A dog or a bird perhaps?
    >
    > Now that I think of it, doesn't Henry have a bird?
    >
    > Bob "Owns a cat, he's overweight and races Masters" Schwartz [email protected]

  8. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 16:28:20 +0200, Van Hoorebeeck Bart wrote:
    > >> A clever Dutchman posted at 14:21 today....
    >
    > > Indeed. He seems to be in the know.
    >
    > > E.-not in the know, but still with lots of vet friends.
    >
    > Do you have any pets? A dog or a bird perhaps?
    >
    > Now that I think of it, doesn't Henry have a bird?
    >
    > Bob "Owns a cat, he's overweight and races Masters" Schwartz [email protected]

    Your cat is overweight and races Masters? Wow, yet -another- set of Masters jerseys to be won and
    worn! (How do they break down the *cat*egories?)

    --
    tanx, Howard

    "Head of a cat, body of a monkey, Here comes a plague upon the land." The Billy Nayer Show

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  9. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    > Does anyone know if Van Petegem's house was raided?

    Nope, no one of the Lotto-Domo team is involved.

  10. Bart

    Bart Guest

    "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote > Hm, was this a quote from Greg Lemond in a dutch
    copy of Sports Illustrated?

    LANCE DOES GET HIS RICE PASTRY FROM IZEGEM. WHEREVER HE RACES. THATS ODDER THAN HAVING AN
    ITALIAN DOC, NO ?

    BART

  11. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "sabine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> More like a couple of sticks and some rocks. Hard ass classics riders shouldn't be dinking around
    >> with computers. They should be living bare bones monastic lives dedicated to suffering. I bet
    >> Ludo isn't sitting at home logging on to AOL and seeing which of his buddies are online
    >

    > I wonder which rbr alias Johann posts under?

    My guesses: Jeff Potter or Jiyang Chen

    NS