Johan's house raided

• Thread starter Hold My Beer An
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hold My Beer An

Supposedly 20 or so homes of Belgian cyclists were raided this morning, in a doping investigation.
Supposedly Mussew's house was searched, he was questioned, and his computer seized.

Anyone have anymore news...?

> Supposedly 20 or so homes of Belgian cyclists were raided this morning, in a doping investigation.
> Supposedly Mussew's house was searched, he was questioned, and his computer seized.

Say it 'aint so, Jo!

-JMS

"hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Supposedly 20 or so homes of Belgian cyclists were raided this morning, in a doping investigation.
> Supposedly Mussew's house was searched, he was questioned, and his computer seized.
>
> Anyone have anymore news...?

No more news, but for some reason Johann having a computer suprises me more than them possibly
finding vet products at his house.

Sabine

As always, there's more spectacle than actual facts. Right now, only 6 riders are mentioned. And
among those, the partners of Planckaert and De Clercq deny their houses have been investigated.

Seems like a Mabuse-esque case... so no real doping. More the Belgian cycling equivalent of
voodoo :)

On 4 Sep 2003 11:44:38 -0700, sabine wrote:
> No more news, but for some reason Johann having a computer suprises me more than them possibly
> finding vet products at his house.

He regularly writes updates (diary entries) for his website www.johanmuseeuw.com (only in Dutch).

Does anyone know if Van Petegem's house was raided? I wonder if the vet under investigation is the
one who was treating VDB's dog last year.

"sabine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Supposedly 20 or so homes of Belgian cyclists were raided this morning,
in a
> > doping investigation. Supposedly Mussew's house was searched, he was questioned, and his
> > computer seized.
> >
> > Anyone have anymore news...?
>
> No more news, but for some reason Johann having a computer suprises me more than them possibly
>
> Sabine

B. Lafferty wrote:

> Does anyone know if Van Petegem's house was raided? I wonder if the vet under investigation is the
> one who was treating VDB's dog last year.
>

Funny that they specifically stated that VDB was *not* involved.....

Fred Marx <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

>
>
> B. Lafferty wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if Van Petegem's house was raided? I wonder if the vet under investigation is
>> the one who was treating VDB's dog last year.
>>
>
>
> Funny that they specifically stated that VDB was *not* involved.....
>
>

but they never his dog wasn't

sabine wrote:

> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Supposedly 20 or so homes of Belgian cyclists were raided this morning, in a doping investigation.
>>Supposedly Mussew's house was searched, he was questioned, and his computer seized.
>>
>>Anyone have anymore news...?
>
>
>
> Sabine

Why would that be? What would you see being hauled out of his house? A C64? Apple ][? IBM XT? Or
maybe something fitting of a classics rider, like an IMSAI 8080 with CP/M?

Originally posted by Richard Adams
sabine wrote:

> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Supposedly 20 or so homes of Belgian cyclists were raided this morning, in a doping investigation.
>>Supposedly Mussew's house was searched, he was questioned, and his computer seized.
>>
>>Anyone have anymore news...?
>
>
>
> Sabine

Why would that be? What would you see being hauled out of his house? A C64? Apple ][? IBM XT? Or
maybe something fitting of a classics rider, like an IMSAI 8080 with CP/M?

TRS-80 of course... with the tape reader.

saw Museeuw' wife interviewed while Johan was still being questioned. She was very relaxed, and said
the vet is a big fan and a very close friend they visit pretty often.

Judicial sources say "the link to cycling is just a top of the iceberg of a huge profits making
black market network in the agro sector." Then why do months of 'work' mount to another cycling
incriminating spectacle?

Yes I do know something about pigeon races. Doping is normal among the big players. But the animals
aren't supposed to perform for 15 years....

Nick Burns wrote:
> Dude, please do not capitalize Bart's name. It is too confusing after the Bart\BART Bay Area Rapid
> Transit jokes.

But the BART alter ego has copyright on that name. SF will just have to change the acronym for its
transportation system or face a court case under the somewhat peculiar American legal system which
allows just about anything to be patented. Or if the Terminator becomes governor he can organize a
regime change in Belgium and have BART terminated.

The vet has admitted he delivered 'products' to cyclists.....

Earlier this week this man was the doping control official at an important horse race in Waregem.

Ewoud Dronkert schreef:

>
>
> He regularly writes updates (diary entries) for his website www.johanmuseeuw.com (only in Dutch).

Right now their guestbook is bursting out with supportive messages.

A clever Dutchman posted at 14:21 today....

QSD announces Johan will simply race as foreseen this weekend: Midden-Zeeland on Sat, Leuven on Sun.

An indication he isn't expecting much further judicial hassle.

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 16:28:20 +0200, Van Hoorebeeck Bart wrote:
> A clever Dutchman posted at 14:21 today....

Indeed. He seems to be in the know.

E.-not in the know, but still with lots of vet friends.

Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 16:28:20 +0200, Van Hoorebeeck Bart wrote:
>> A clever Dutchman posted at 14:21 today....

> Indeed. He seems to be in the know.

> E.-not in the know, but still with lots of vet friends.

Do you have any pets? A dog or a bird perhaps?

Now that I think of it, doesn't Henry have a bird?

Bob "Owns a cat, he's overweight and races Masters" Schwartz [email protected]

Van Hoorebeeck Bart <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> The vet has admitted he delivered 'products' to cyclists.....
>
> Earlier this week this man was the doping control official at an important horse race in Waregem.

This must be the same vet that prescribed doping products for VDB's dog

NS

Status
Not open for further replies.