John Ashcroft's Gall Bladder.

Wb

Guest
Just wondering why a gall bladder/liver flush was not the
recommended treatment ?

The news reports that he had gall stones, and the doctors
removed his gallbladder.

Why choose surgery when a simple flush would do ?

Just wondering,

WB

"WB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Just wondering why a gall bladder/liver flush was not the
> recommended treatment ?
>
> The news reports that he had gall stones, and the doctors
> removed his gallbladder.
>
> Why choose surgery when a simple flush would do ?
>
> Just wondering,
>
> WB

Read and learn. Hulda is very specific regarding this.
Flushes will not work on Republicans.

carabelli

In article <[email protected]>,
WB <[email protected]> wrote:

> Just wondering why a gall bladder/liver flush was not the
> recommended treatment ?
>
> The news reports that he had gall stones, and the doctors
> removed his gallbladder.
>
> Why choose surgery when a simple flush would do ?
>
> Just wondering,

Actually, John Ashcroft had a rather severe case of
gallstone pancreatitis. He was in the intensive care unit.
It's a very appropriate reminder of the potential REAL
complications of untreated gallstone disease (gallstones
treated with "liver flushes" count as "untreated," in my
book). He could well have died. Gallstone pancreatitis has a
very high recurrence rate (around 50% within a couple of months)--
unless the gallbladder is removed. Consequently, the
standard treatment is to support the patient with fluid,
antibiotics, and intravenous nutrition until the
pancreatitis settles down a bit (usually 4-8 days) and then
remove the gallbladder.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 01:29:00 GMT, Orac <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, WB
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Just wondering why a gall bladder/liver flush was not the
>> recommended treatment ?
>>
>> The news reports that he had gall stones, and the doctors
>> removed his gallbladder.
>>
>> Why choose surgery when a simple flush would do ?
>>
>> Just wondering,
>
>Actually, John Ashcroft had a rather severe case of
>gallstone pancreatitis. He was in the intensive care unit.
>It's a very appropriate reminder of the potential REAL
>complications of untreated gallstone disease (gallstones
>treated with "liver flushes" count as "untreated," in my
>book). He could well have died. Gallstone pancreatitis has
>a very high recurrence rate (around 50% within a couple of
>months)--unless the gallbladder is removed. Consequently,
>the standard treatment is to support the patient with
>fluid, antibiotics, and intravenous nutrition until the
>pancreatitis settles down a bit (usually 4-8 days) and then
>remove the gallbladder.

So gallstone induced pancreatitis can be a life threatening
condition ?

Duly noted that the alties are suddenly and mysteriously
silent on this subject.

Thanks Orac, WB

"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >From: WB [email protected] Date: 3/9/2004 4:15 PM
> >Pacific
>
> >Just wondering,
>
> Just being the usual troll

Considering one of the recent threads here it seems to be
quite on topic. If you don't want to read what WB posts -
don't read it. Otherwise, to quote yourself, "BUTT OUT".

What are you? - The self appointed troll police in MHA?

carabelli

WB <[email protected]> wrote:

>So gallstone induced pancreatitis can be a life threatening
>condition ?

yes ... and it's a nasty way to die.

Tsu Dho Nimh

--
When businesses invoke the "protection of consumers," it's a
lot like politicians invoking morality and children - grab

WB <[email protected]> wrote:

>So gallstone induced pancreatitis can be a life threatening
>condition ?

yes ... and it's a nasty way to die.

Tsu Dho Nimh

--

WB <[email protected]> wrote:

>So gallstone induced pancreatitis can be a life threatening
>condition ?

yes ... and it's a nasty way to die.

Tsu Dho Nimh

--
When businesses invoke the "protection of consumers," it's a
lot like politicians invoking morality and children - grab
your wallet and/or your kid and run for your life.

"Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> WB <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Just wondering why a gall bladder/liver flush was not
> > the recommended treatment ?
> >
> > The news reports that he had gall stones, and the
> > doctors removed his gallbladder.
> >
> > Why choose surgery when a simple flush would do ?
> >
> > Just wondering,
>
> Actually, John Ashcroft had a rather severe case of
> gallstone pancreatitis. He was in the intensive care
> unit. It's a very appropriate reminder of the potential
> REAL complications of untreated gallstone disease
> (gallstones treated with "liver flushes" count as
> "untreated," in my book).

It is a plot by the Republican branch of Evil Organized
Medicine to make Hulda look bad!

He could well have died. Gallstone pancreatitis has a very
> high recurrence rate (around 50% within a couple of months)--
> unless the gallbladder is removed. Consequently, the
> standard treatment is to support the patient with fluid,
> antibiotics, and intravenous nutrition until the
> pancreatitis settles down a bit (usually 4-8 days) and
> then remove the gallbladder.

"carabelli" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040309222805.25804.00001169@mb-
> m01.aol.com...
> > >From: WB [email protected] Date: 3/9/2004 4:15 PM
> > >Pacific
> >
> > >Just wondering,
> >
> > Just being the usual troll
>
> Considering one of the recent threads here it seems to be
> quite on topic. If you don't want to read what WB posts -
> don't read it. Otherwise, to quote yourself, "BUTT OUT".
>
> What are you? - The self appointed troll police in MHA?

She is being a NET NANNY and, according to the
woman_whose_name_I_will_not_type, that is evil.

In article <[email protected]>,
WB <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 01:29:00 GMT, Orac
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>,
> >WB <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Just wondering why a gall bladder/liver flush was not
> >> the recommended treatment ?
> >>
> >> The news reports that he had gall stones, and the
> >> doctors removed his gallbladder.
> >>
> >> Why choose surgery when a simple flush would do ?
> >>
> >> Just wondering,
> >
> >Actually, John Ashcroft had a rather severe case of
> >gallstone pancreatitis. He was in the intensive care
> >unit. It's a very appropriate reminder of the potential
> >REAL complications of untreated gallstone disease
> >(gallstones treated with "liver flushes" count as
> >"untreated," in my book). He could well have died.
> >Gallstone pancreatitis has a very high recurrence rate
> >(around 50% within a couple of months)--unless the
> >gallbladder is removed. Consequently, the standard
> >treatment is to support the patient with fluid,
> >antibiotics, and intravenous nutrition until the
> >pancreatitis settles down a bit (usually 4-8 days) and
> >then remove the gallbladder.
>

> So gallstone induced pancreatitis can be a life
> threatening condition ?

Indeed. Although most cases of gallstone pancreatitis are
mild and resolve without sequelae, 10-20% are serious, the
overall mortality is around 4%. Mortality is markedly higher
in those over 70, about four times higher.

Look up Ranson's criteria on the web to see the factors that
influence survival in acute pancreatitis. They apply to
gallstone pancreatitis, too:

http://www.ncemi.org/cgi-
ncemi/edecision.pl?TheCommand=Load&NewFile=ranso
ns_criteria_for_pancreatitis&BlankTop=1

> Duly noted that the alties are suddenly and mysteriously
> silent on this subject.

Of course.

Tsu Dho Nimh <[email protected]> wrote:

> WB <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >So gallstone induced pancreatitis can be a life
> >threatening condition ?
>
> yes ... and it's a nasty way to die.

It can be a nasty way to live, as well. Acute pancreatitis
can sometimes lead to chronic pancreatitis, and life for
patients with chronic pancreatitis sucks, with recurrent
attacks of abdominal pain and inability to eat requiring
hospital admission and sometimes necessitating intravenous
nutrition for periods fo time, not to mention the potential
need for surgery for complications of chronic pancreatitis,
such as pseudocysts.