John Cobb bike fit page?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by James Hawkins, May 21, 2003.

  1. I don't know now where I originally saw it, but I'm fairly sure I've seen a pretty detailed page,
    with lots of basic but clear diagrams on the whole process of getting the 'perfect' bike fit. Also
    pretty sure it was a John Cobb article, but I can't find it anymore. Not obvious on his site,
    anyway, and some links I found to it don't work anymore. I've looked through his technical section
    and there are some articles, but not the comprehensive one I'm referring to.

    Anyone know where it is, or have a downloaded / cached copy?

    I see there's quite a lot of detail at http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/techctr/bikefit.html;
    anyone followed this and can recommend for or against it?

    Failing all that, anyone have any links to really good fit sites?

    Tags:

  2. David

    David Guest

    >I don't know now where I originally saw it, but I'm fairly sure I've seen a pretty detailed page,
    >with lots of basic but clear diagrams on the whole process of getting the 'perfect' bike fit.
    >Also pretty sure it was a John Cobb article, but I can't find it anymore. Not obvious on his
    >site, anyway,

    Try here: http://www.bicyclesports.com/tech/Default.aspx It's not arranged the same but it all seems
    to be there.

    >Anyone know where it is, or have a downloaded / cached copy?
    >
    >I see there's quite a lot of detail at http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/techctr/bikefit.html;
    >anyone followed this and can recommend for or against it?

    Yes, and are you kidding? This is the gold standard IMHO, and is very capatable w/ Cobb's
    theories. What is it that you have a question about? Good Luck! Good Luck! David Never give up,
    Be satisfied w/ your best, Do unto others.....

  3. David

    David Guest

    >capatable

    ....or compatible for thet matter:)! Good Luck! David Never give up, Be satisfied w/ your best, Do
    unto others.....

  4. "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Try here: http://www.bicyclesports.com/tech/Default.aspx It's not arranged the same but it all
    > seems to be there.

    Those were the ones I had seen. Not enough detail for a complete fitting, unless I'm missing
    something.

    > >I see there's quite a lot of detail at
    > >http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/techctr/bikefit.html; anyone
    followed
    > >this and can recommend for or against it?
    >
    > Yes, and are you kidding? This is the gold standard IMHO, and is very capatable w/ Cobb's
    > theories. What is it that you have a question about?

    It looked quite complete but that's not always a guarantee of 'goodness'. I haven't worked through
    it yet, though. Good to hear it gets your vote.