John Forester's "Efficient Cycling"

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Matt Ashbrook, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Anyone know how to get a copy of the book "Efficient Cycling" by John Forester? I went to his web
    site, but he doesn't sell it there. I tried the email address given there and my email came back as
    undeliverable. Any / all help appreciated.

    Thanks, Matt A.

    Tags:

  2. "Effective Cycling" by Forester sells for $44 at www.bn.com (Barnes and Noble).

    Jay

    On 9/4/2003 4:54 PM, Matt Ashbrook wrote:
    > Anyone know how to get a copy of the book "Efficient Cycling" by John Forester? I went to his web
    > site, but he doesn't sell it there. I tried the email address given there and my email came back
    > as undeliverable. Any / all help appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks, Matt A.

  3. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Alton Jay Mitchell <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > "Effective Cycling" by Forester sells for $44 at www.bn.com (Barnes and Noble).

    Only $24.50 at amazon.com (paperback, 6th ed). You can frequently find this book at used book stores
    as well. It has been around for a long time.

  4. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Alton Jay Mitchell <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > "Effective Cycling" by Forester sells for $44 at www.bn.com (Barnes and Noble).
    >
    > Only $24.50 at amazon.com (paperback, 6th ed). You can frequently find this book at used book
    > stores as well. It has been around for a long time.

    Most public libraries have it too.

    Matt O.

  5. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > Anyone know how to get a copy of the book "Efficient Cycling" by John Forester? I went to his web
    > site, but he doesn't sell it there. I tried the email address given there and my email came back
    > as undeliverable. Any / all help appreciated.

    Amazon stocks it. $24.50 new, used copies under $15.

    http://tinyurl.com/mbdp should take you right to it.

    --
    [email protected] is Joshua Putnam <http://www.phred.org/~josh/> Updated Bicycle Touring Books List:
    <http://www.phred.org/~josh/bike/tourbooks.html

  6. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > Anyone know how to get a copy of the book "Efficient Cycling" by John Forester? I went to his web
    > site, but he doesn't sell it there. I tried the email address given there and my email came back
    > as undeliverable. Any / all help appreciated.

    Effective, not Efficient.

    Amazon stocks it. $24.50 new, used copies under $15.

    http://tinyurl.com/mbel should take you right to it.

    --
    [email protected] is Joshua Putnam <http://www.phred.org/~josh/> Updated Infrared Photography Books
    List: <http://www.phred.org/~josh/photo/irbooks.html

  7. Larry Fieman

    Larry Fieman Guest

    "Matt Ashbrook" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone know how to get a copy of the book "Efficient Cycling" by John Forester?

    If you want the 6th edition of Effective Cycling you can get it at half.com delivered in the USA for
    $13.14, the older editions should cost less. Here's a list of some places that sell it with
    delivered prices: http://www.addall.com/New/compare.cgi?dispCurr=USD&id=201002&isbn=0262560704&loca-
    tion=10000&thetime=20030907160047&author=&title=&state=AK

    If that link doesn't work, and Addall search will give the info: http://www.addall.com/

    Regards, Larry