John Kerry at a bike shop (picture)

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Michael127, Aug 18, 2004.

1. alorlious

alorlious New Member

Kerry's wealth is far and away more than Bush. Plus, he got it from his ex-wife and current wife. Who's a whole other topic on a whole other message board herself.

Anyway, if you think the govt owes you something then go ahead, vote for him.

2. tamman2000

tamman2000 New Member

Does either canidate have any?

3. Mr_Potatohead

Mr_Potatohead New Member

People always say a vote for Nader is like a vote for Bush.

I say a vote for either Bush or Kerry is like choosing between execution by firing squad or execution by hanging. The end result is the same, the method may vary. Does having a choice make it better?

4. JohnO

JohnO New Member

Common, working class American... married to a billionaire. A wise man once told me - when you marry for money, you earn every penny of it.

Well, he rides a Serotta with Campy group, he can't be all bad. No tape on the wheels? I'd say that's more a case of a bad advisor. C'mon, John, appoint a first rate cycle mechanic to your Cabinet.

Bush rides a MTB, but he's friends with Lance so I can forgive him for the off road bike. Maybe he will get one of those gold Madones.

Both candidates have been seen on bikes and with LiveStrong bands on, so cycling definitely seems to be on the upswing in the US. Keeps the upcoming election from being totally depressing. It's a pity - both parties have interesting candidates, they just don't run them for president. McCain versus Gephardt, now that would have been an interesting election.

5. Mr_Potatohead

Mr_Potatohead New Member

John McCain versus Hillary Clinton in 2008 is my prediction if Bush is re-elected.

6. anthonyjf

anthonyjf New Member

Ya'll better watch out... there is a devil-dog in the house! Semper Fi brother.

7. anthonyjf

anthonyjf New Member

Kerry does'nt ride - that bike is for his butler. That way, he can get those peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to him quickly!

8. Mr_Potatohead

Mr_Potatohead New Member

over in Europe they call that a "Royale with Jelly"

9. USMCUglyAngel

USMCUglyAngel New Member

You know how true that is? McCain is by far right now the most popular Republican in the US, while Hilary's popularity is doubling every day. I couldn't stand to see another Clinton in office, but it would be one hell of a race.

10. Michael Pisarri

Michael Pisarri New Member

I criticize him only becuase he served 4 months, came back then spoke agianst the war. now he acts like he is a HUGE war hero and speaks only of his time (4 months) served in vietnam and not his 19 years in the senate. and you know why, becuase if people judged him by his time in public office he wouldn't stand a chance.

11. Mr_Potatohead

Mr_Potatohead New Member

fair enough, maybe he wasn't a hero. Maybe he didn't deserve any medals at all.

But at least he was there in Vietnam while Bush got the fortunate son pass in the National Guard and Dick Cheney had "better things to do". I mean if John Kerry exagerates his service, at least he had some.

12. Mr_Potatohead

Mr_Potatohead New Member

Yeah I don't know who I would bet on in that scenario. I mean John McCain may be a good man and all but Hillary is a dirtier fighter.

That's why they traditionally don't allow women in combat by the way. Because then wars would be much too vicious.

13. Olasnah

Olasnah New Member

I'm not going to argue politics, but I will argue this war-record thing......

Who is wrong? The man who protests the unjust war after serving in a combat zone with distinction, or the one who neglects to see the value of the cause in the first place and shirks his duty as a citizen so he can stay home?

14. USMCUglyAngel

USMCUglyAngel New Member

Thats TOO funny.

15. Jakebrake

Jakebrake New Member

He threw those over the fence, remember? :rolleyes:

16. concord

concord Member

I was being nice when I referred to him as dork and I know he can not keep up with me at any given day of the week! As the political issue the dork doesn't have a chance. Bike or no bike the dork does not have my vote, period.

17. Jakebrake

Jakebrake New Member

Please stop by the bloody soap box forum, there is a thread that needs your input. :D

18. cgb250f8

cgb250f8 New Member

Hi Michael (whoever you are),
    That's my photo of Kerry you posted. Have you ever heard of the term COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT?!?!?!
    Just kidding.
    I'm flattered, but let's set the record straight: It was Portland, not Seattle. Kerry rides Campy gear. Can you blame him for riding in grubbies, with photo geeks like me waiting to pounce? I almost didn't recognize him like that. (But the secret service guys and gals were kind of a giveaway.)
    The shop was The Bike Gallery. Stop in next time you're in Portland. Great place.
    Please credit: Photograph by Charles Barry, Copyright 2004!
    Have fun, but nobody publishes this photo again without permission. (I've got lawyers.)

Chuck

19. Michael127

Michael127 New Member

Sorry Chuck.

Got the pic from a friend. He just sent me the pic w/o any reference to you, although he told me verbally the story. Thought he said seattle. Whoops.

20. Wurm

Wurm New Member

Hey tsilliman - do you actually believe that "bill of goods" the Neo-con's have sold you?? :rolleyes: C'mon, you must be sharper than that?

FYI, here is GWB, the King of Flip-Flopper's "strong and decisive leadership" for ya:

Link: http://www.americanprogress.org/site/pp.asp?c=biJRJ8OVF&b=42263

BTW, GWB rides a $3000.+ Trek MTB, uses toe clips with sneakers, and crashes more than he rides. Kerry is known for riding centuries on his Serotta, and finishing long charity rides in very rotten weather. So who's the 'Phred' here?

'Nuf said, huh??