John Kerry at a bike shop (picture)

Maybe Kerry should trya nd make it to some senate votes instead of campaigning/windsurfing/cycling....etc. It wouls help his country and his home state where his first priority as senator is and should be., not on spending his married to money on the bs he's slinging to get into power like all the past professional liars we have had.:mad:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If the election is really close again, settle it with a BIKE RACE! :D Of course since one's a roadie and the other rides mountain, course selection might be a bit tough, but I'd PAY to see that one!

mmpc001 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If the election is really close again, settle it with a BIKE RACE! :D Of course since one's a roadie and the other rides mountain, course selection might be a bit tough, but I'd PAY to see that one!

GWB would get lost in a crit.

No Problem, Michael.
My, but this posting has generated much discussion! Most of it doesn't belong here, unfortunately. And to further clear things up, yes, he does wear a helmet.

Chuck

Michael127 said:
Sorry Chuck.

Got the pic from a friend. He just sent me the pic w/o any reference to you, although he told me verbally the story. Thought he said seattle. Whoops.

SWEETRIDE4ME said:
Maybe Kerry should trya nd make it to some senate votes instead of campaigning/windsurfing/cycling....etc. It wouls help his country and his home state where his first priority as senator is and should be., not on spending his married to money on the bs he's slinging to get into power like all the past professional liars we have had.:mad:

I just hope that our next president spends more time in office than at his ranch. Is this guy ever not in Crawford, Texas?? amazing

g8000 said:
I just hope that our next president spends more time in office than at his ranch. Is this guy ever not in Crawford, Texas?? amazing

It could be worse, we could have a president who wets his finger, sticks it up into the wind, and takes a poll of the American people to see where they think he should go on vacation. Oh wait, we had that already, that was the previous administration.

That's a good photo. Can't help but like someone who rides a bike. Don't know if I'd vote for him, but then I don't live in the US.

Good luck with your next president, either way.

Unlike you I dont think that hard working achievers should be held back by supporting the underachievers. People need to learn that the world is not fair (and never will be) and that our government was not created to provide jobs to individuals. If you allow the achievers to achieve greater goals then others are able to move up and fill the void. It becomes a win win situation.
tamman2000 said:
I am sorry if I am getting too political, but I want to understand this mentality.

Both the canidates are rich, both have expensive bikes.

People always hold this against Kerry, but not Bush. Why?

Is it because Kerry supports people who are not rich? You don't have to be a little guy to like the little guy...

Hell, my starting salary when I got out of college was about twice what the average american family makes, does it make me some kind of hypocrate to feel that I should shoulder a greater tax burden than those who are not as fortunate as myself?

Jakebrake said:
It could be worse, we could have a president who wets his finger, sticks it up into the wind, and takes a poll of the American people to see where they think he should go on vacation. Oh wait, we had that already, that was the previous administration.
Yet another sucker reeled in by RNC 30 second sound bites. I guess they do work. Money well spent.

What is it about americans that we can elect a president that cannot complete a coherent sentence. Can anyone really imagine this guy ever getting elected if it weren't for daddy's name? And yes there are many other past presidents with money and name to go with it such as JFK. But JFK was very smart, shrewd and very well read. He was also a war hero when he could have stayed in the states hanging out with fraternity friends.

And just to show that I am not biased, I am a registered republican. I would have been proud to have John McCain as president. And he may very well have been president if the the money chest was not so heavily stacked against him in the 2000 primaries.

But I forget, we as americans certainly don't want someone "smart" as president. We want "one of the guys". Someone like us. Someone we would feel comfortable with having a beer with at the local tavern. The perfect qualifications for handling the intracacies of foriegn policy, diplomacy, and global economics.

In fact I have already heard many pundits talking about the potential problem for Kerry of coming off "too smart" in the debates. God forbid we have someone in the White house who is too smart. It's pathetic.

With respect to Lance's friendship with dubya, I wouldn't be so sure where his political leanings are. Look who is new girlfriend is. She is about as far left as you can get. But hey, I guess Arnold is married to Maria Schriber.

remicman said:
Yet another sucker reeled in by RNC 30 second sound bites. I guess they do work. Money well spent.

What is it about americans that we can elect a president that cannot complete a coherent sentence. Can anyone really imagine this guy ever getting elected if it weren't for daddy's name? And yes there are many other past presidents with money and name to go with it such as JFK. But JFK was very smart, shrewd and very well read. He was also a war hero when he could have stayed in the states hanging out with fraternity friends.

And just to show that I am not biased, I am a registered republican. I would have been proud to have John McCain as president. And he may very well have been president if the the money chest was not so heavily stacked against him in the 2000 primaries.

But I forget, we as americans certainly don't want someone "smart" as president. We want "one of the guys". Someone like us. Someone we would feel comfortable with having a beer with at the local tavern. The perfect qualifications for handling the intracacies of foriegn policy, diplomacy, and global economics.

In fact I have already heard many pundits talking about the potential problem for Kerry of coming off "too smart" in the debates. God forbid we have someone in the White house who is too smart. It's pathetic.

With respect to Lance's friendship with dubya, I wouldn't be so sure where his political leanings are. Look who is new girlfriend is. She is about as far left as you can get. But hey, I guess Arnold is married to Maria Schriber.

Ah yes, give us someone who is "too smart", who is "nuanced" in the workings of foreign policy, diplomacy, and global economics. We've had that already too, I believe his name was Jimmy Carter. That went real well, didn't it? It's the easily fooled such as yourself who seem to buy into media propaganda. John McCain went down in flames not because he didn't have enough money, rather because he exhibited a few "Howard Dean" moments and became unhinged, showing everyone that famous temper of his.

Jakebrake said:
Ah yes, give us someone who is "too smart", who is "nuanced" in the workings of foreign policy, diplomacy, and global economics. We've had that already too, I believe his name was Jimmy Carter. That went real well, didn't it? It's the easily fooled such as yourself who seem to buy into media propaganda. John McCain went down in flames not because he didn't have enough money, rather because he exhibited a few "Howard Dean" moments and became unhinged, showing everyone that famous temper of his.

Hahaha! Exactly what I was thinking about Jimmy Carter. Anyway, enough of the political debate. It should be taken to the "Soapbox" forum.

Good to hear the Kerry does wear a helmet though. :)

Political discussions are soooooo tedious, and almost never resolve anything.

Reminds me of why I spend time on a bike - to get away from all of that.

keydates said:
I think that's a $5000 frame. Most people say $8000 total.

NO, that frame is the Colorado III, it RETAILS for $1425.00

The Components are Campy, I don't know the level.

Wurm said:
BTW, GWB rides a $3000.+ Trek MTB, uses toe clips with sneakers, and crashes more than he rides. Kerry is known for riding centuries on his Serotta, and finishing long charity rides in very rotten weather. So who's the 'Phred' here?
'Nuf said, huh??
Have you ever ridden a mountain bike for any period of time? Everybody falls off their bike once in a while, that's half the fun.

keydates said:
No...It's an Ottrott. $5000.
If you will take the time to read the top tube it is a Colorado III. I have also seen Kerry riding a CXII that has his name on the down tube instead of Serotta.

Jakebrake said:

Feeling wonkish today, so:

- Bush has already taken more vacation days than Carter and Clinton combined.

- As for Carter's performance, he took office three years after the end of the Vietnam war. Was he supposed to start a war with the Soviet Union over Afghanistan? And was the Iranian revolution really his fault (since the Shah was put in power by the U.S. in the '50s)? Under Reagan, we funded bin Laden and his friends, and our embassies in Beiruit were blown up (probably by Iranian operatives). We did, however, kick ass in Granada.

- I was a Republican four years ago.

kennf said:
Feeling wonkish today, so:

- Bush has already taken more vacation days than Carter and Clinton combined.

- As for Carter's performance, he took office three years after the end of the Vietnam war. Was he supposed to start a war with the Soviet Union over Afghanistan? And was the Iranian revolution really his fault (since the Shah was put in power by the U.S. in the '50s)? Under Reagan, we funded bin Laden and his friends, and our embassies in Beiruit were blown up (probably by Iranian operatives). We did, however, kick ass in Granada.

- I was a Republican four years ago.
Hey mr. Republican 4 years ago...you can join the other 75 million former republicans..Gee funny, the polls don't reflect so many crossovers..at any rate...take it to the soap box!