John Kerry: Nice wheels

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> Tom-<< I beg to disagree. 9/11/01 (not to be confused with 9/11/73) was a gift
> to the Bush II administration - so much so that speculation that the
> administration was involved or let the attacks happen will not die. >><BR><BR>
>
> Stupid post-get a clue..now back to bicycles.
>
> Peter Chisholm

Is it good form to complain about off-topic posts, when the complainer
is posting off-topic messages on the very same thread?

I certainly have a clue - anyone who did not see the immense political
advantage the Bush II administration gained from 9/11/01 has his/her
head in the sand.

Speaking of stupid, the way AOL apparently quotes text in Usenet posts
makes it difficult to tell who said what.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Tom-<< Speaking of stupid, the way AOL apparently quotes text in Usenet posts
makes it difficult to tell who said what. >><BR><BR>

Copy to AOL then.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mark Hickey wrote:
>> News flash - Al Qaeda hated us long before Bush took office, and
>> they'll hate us just as much if Kerry wins....

>This is missing the point completely. Certainly, nothing will change
>what the fanatics believe in. However, al Qaida does not exist in
>vacuum, and without the support of so many in the Arab and Muslim world
>they would not be nearly the threat they are.

The war on terror has put Al Qaeda under intense pressure, and they're
resorting to methods that are beginning to alienate the rank and file
Muslim civilians. The government in Saudi Arabia is getting good
support from the population in hunting down the terrorists in their
midst (witness the killing of four important AQ members yesterday).

>Bush II's conquest of Iraq, setting the tone for the abuse of prisoners,
>the US not following international law in the detention of prisoners,
>supporting the minority element in Israel that wishes to ethnically
>cleanse all the Palestinian Arabs from west of the Jordan River, and his
>general arrogance and hostility towards the international community have
>bred much anti-US hostility, and is causing even former friends of the
>US to distance themselves.

Look up "ethnic cleansing" and get back to me. Those who passionately
hate the US (including some on this NG) will ALWAYS find something to
"justify" their hatred, even if it's only the action of a few prision
guards out of hundreds of thousands of troops acting with integrity.

>In the "battle for hearts and minds", the Bush II administration has
>made the US a decisive loser.

We'll see... they said the same thing about Reagan, yet in retrospect
it's clear he was absolutely right.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> Tom-<< Speaking of stupid, the way AOL apparently quotes text in
> Usenet posts makes it difficult to tell who said what. >><BR><BR>
>
> Copy to AOL then.

Well, to be fair, you're the only AOHeller that quotes like that.

Bill "AFAIK, that is" S.

> Mark Hickey [email protected] Writes:

>The government in Saudi Arabia is getting good
>support from the population in hunting down the terrorists in their
>midst (witness the killing of four important AQ members yesterday).

Really? Recent polls taken in Saudi Arabia incicate that 50% of the population
support and admire Al Qaeda. The House of Saud is under intense pressure from
the radical religious right and I doubt anyone knows what the future will bring
to Saudi Arabia. The good news is that based upon their current rate of oil
production, Saudi Arabia will be out of oil in 15 years. Perhaps, we can then
make this an on topic thread about bicycles.

S o r n i wrote:
> Well, to be fair, you're the only AOHeller that quotes like that.

Yesterday I was interrupted during an email reply, then for
other reasons had to restart my machine. Saving an email
composition as a text file in Nescape yeilds the same
formatting symbols as Peter's AOL quotes.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Andy-<< Yesterday I was interrupted during an email reply, then for
other reasons had to restart my machine. Saving an email
composition as a text file in Nescape yeilds the same
formatting symbols as Peter's AOL quotes. >><BR><BR>

I suspect it is the prikblem of different ISPs trying to talk to one another.
AOL works just fine for me. If my quote lokks like shite on your ISP system,
that I guess is your problem, not mine. I worry/talk about 'bicycles', not
computers.

If ya have a problem with NGs and ISPs, go to
rec.computers.geek or something

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

[email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> JP-<< IMO, looking at the aggregate of the evidence, I think that he was
> probably a mediocre pilot at best and the Air Force was glad to get
> rid of him. >><BR><BR>
>
> Altho closely related, Air Guard is NOT the USAF. yes to USAF training but once
> they become a member of the AirGuard, it is NOT the USAF.

I'm aware of that, of course. Both TANG and the Air Force had some
involvement in deciding to release Bush early. TANG seemed to have no
interest in retaining him and the Air Force seemed to have no interest
in requiring him to fulfill the service commitment he made when he got
flight training. TANG passed him off to the Air Force Reserve who let
him sit on their inactive roles until they released him.

JP

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> I suspect it is the prikblem

******

The scar left after an injection?!?

Bill "better than a John Holmes reference" S.

On 21 Jun 2004 12:43:49 GMT, [email protected] (Qui si parla
Campagnolo ) wrote:

>Andy-<< Yesterday I was interrupted during an email reply, then for
>other reasons had to restart my machine. Saving an email
>composition as a text file in Nescape yeilds the same
>formatting symbols as Peter's AOL quotes. >><BR><BR>
>
>I suspect it is the prikblem of different ISPs trying to talk to one another.
>AOL works just fine for me. If my quote lokks like shite on your ISP system,
>that I guess is your problem, not mine. I worry/talk about 'bicycles', not
>computers.
>
>If ya have a problem with NGs and ISPs, go to
>rec.computers.geek or something
>
>Peter Chisholm
>Vecchio's Bicicletteria
>1833 Pearl St.
>Boulder, CO, 80302
>(303)440-3535
>http://www.vecchios.com
>"Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Dear Peter,

You might peek at your posts in this mirror, so to speak:

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=...ps?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.bicycles.tech

or

http://tinyurl.com/2ma4y

Instead of the usual greater-than signs along the left
margin (more and more for each new writer being quoted) and
different-colored text for each writer, your posts enclose
chunks of what anyone else wrote in doubled less-than and
greater-than signs, followed by <BR><BR>, with no color
changes.

Out of curiosity, do you get different formatting and
colored chunks of text on the link above to Andrew Muzi
quoting your post? If you browse up to your original, you
may be able to see the striking difference that I suspect
almost everyone else sees.

Carl Fogel

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

[...]

> I suspect it is the prikblem of different ISPs trying to talk to one
> another. AOL works just fine for me. If my quote lokks like shite on
> your ISP system, that I guess is your problem, not mine. I worry/talk
> about 'bicycles', not computers.

You've got it **** about. It's AOL that's out of step (as usual) and as a
result your posts are badly formatted. If you cared about communicating
with the rest of Usenet - meaning those of us who adhere to its standards -
you would not be so cavalier about the difficulties they pose for the rest
of us.

--

A: Top-posters.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> Andy-<< Yesterday I was interrupted during an email reply, then for
> other reasons had to restart my machine. Saving an email
> composition as a text file in Nescape yeilds the same
> formatting symbols as Peter's AOL quotes. >><BR><BR>
>
> I suspect it is the prikblem of different ISPs trying to talk to one another.
> AOL works just fine for me. If my quote lokks like shite on your ISP system,
> that I guess is your problem, not mine. I worry/talk about 'bicycles', not
> computers.
>
> If ya have a problem with NGs and ISPs, go to
> rec.computers.geek or something

Peter,

I will state this in terms you can understand:

AOL: Shimano
Proper ISP and newsreader: Campagnolo ;)

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

DRS wrote:

> You've got it **** about. It's AOL that's out of step (as usual) and as a
> result your posts are badly formatted. If you cared about communicating
> with the rest of Usenet - meaning those of us who adhere to its standards -
> you would not be so cavalier about the difficulties they pose for the rest
> of us.

Oh bull. It's not that bothersome. At least he doesn't top-post, or
copy & paste in entire articles from French websites.

[email protected] (JP) wrote:

>[email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> JP-<< IMO, looking at the aggregate of the evidence, I think that he was
>> probably a mediocre pilot at best and the Air Force was glad to get
>> rid of him. >><BR><BR>
>>
>> Altho closely related, Air Guard is NOT the USAF. yes to USAF training but once
>> they become a member of the AirGuard, it is NOT the USAF.

>I'm aware of that, of course. Both TANG and the Air Force had some
>involvement in deciding to release Bush early. TANG seemed to have no
>interest in retaining him and the Air Force seemed to have no interest
>in requiring him to fulfill the service commitment he made when he got
>flight training. TANG passed him off to the Air Force Reserve who let
>him sit on their inactive roles until they released him.

Just like (almost) every other pilot after Vietnam. The need dropped
for fighter pilots (and presumably helicopter pilots) dropped
precipitously.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

"Jay Hill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> DRS wrote:
>
>> You've got it **** about. It's AOL that's out of step (as usual)
>> and as a result your posts are badly formatted. If you cared about
>> communicating with the rest of Usenet - meaning those of us who
>> adhere to its standards - you would not be so cavalier about the
>> difficulties they pose for the rest of us.

> Oh bull.

It's not bull. It's entirely accurate. It is AOL which is getting it
wrong, as usual. There are no ifs, buts or maybes about it. AOL remains
off in it's own little world quite separate from the rest of us and
thoroughly resenting our presence.

> It's not that bothersome. At least he doesn't top-post, or
> copy & paste in entire articles from French websites.

Did I say he did?

--

A: Top-posters.

mark-<< Just like (almost) every other pilot after Vietnam. The need dropped
for fighter pilots (and presumably helicopter pilots) dropped
precipitously. >><BR><BR>

Well, 'after VietNam' was until about mid 1975. There was no draw down of
pilots after we left in 1973, and certainly not one when the North did their
last invasion in 1975.

There wasn't any draw down in the USN. I got my wings in 1974.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

carl-<< You might peek at your posts in this mirror, so to speak: >><BR><BR>

I did and have done before. They are not confusing to me nor are other people's
posts. Maybe AOL IS the way to go.

AOL allows me to have 7 email addresses, is easy to get to NGs and the web, is
simple. Way more computer geekish ISPs may intrigue some of you but not me.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

drs-<< It's AOL that's out of step (as usual) and as a
result your posts are badly formatted. If you cared about communicating
with the rest of Usenet - meaning those of us who adhere to its standards -
you would not be so cavalier about the difficulties they pose for the rest
of us.
>><BR><BR>

'Cavalier'..geez oh petes, this friggin NG is about BICYCLES fer crissake, not
heart lung machines or diabetes......I put my info onto this and a few other NG
cuz it's entertaining. If the entire web disappeared tomorrow, so what!!!!

It's lie arguing realtors are important and slamming them is 'cavalier'.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

drs-<< AOL remains
off in it's own little world quite separate from the rest of us and
thoroughly resenting our presence. >><BR><BR>

'Rest of us'??

YGBSM. You make it sound like an end of the world type moovie. It's just a
stinkin computer. Write me a letter.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote:
> I suspect it is the prikblem of different ISPs trying to talk to
> one another.

No. It's a problem of AOL's software not following the conventions
of USENet. Many will find that kind of rude...

--
MfG/Best regards
helmut springer