John Kerry: Nice wheels

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> drs-<< AOL remains
> off in it's own little world quite separate from the rest of us and
> thoroughly resenting our presence. >><BR><BR>
>
> 'Rest of us'??

Yes, the rest of us. You're clearly unaware of the history of either AOL or
the Internet, including AOL's long-standing refusal to admit that the
Internet even existed, not to mention its habit of deliberately breaking
Internet standards after it finally opened a gateway and allowed its users
out into the big, wide world. That's why you'll see lots of web sites that
say things like, "AOL users go _here_, everybody else go _there_". And it's
why your posts are formatted so badly.

> YGBSM. You make it sound like an end of the world type moovie. It's
> just a stinkin computer. Write me a letter.

It's not "just a stinkin computer". It's about communicating and
cooperating with others. Just as top-posting is anti-social and rightly
derided on Usenet, so is barely intelligible quoting.

--

A: Top-posters.

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> drs-<< It's AOL that's out of step (as usual) and as a
> result your posts are badly formatted. If you cared about
> communicating
> with the rest of Usenet - meaning those of us who adhere to its
> standards - you would not be so cavalier about the difficulties they
> pose for the rest
> of us.
> >><BR><BR>

> 'Cavalier'..geez oh petes, this friggin NG is about BICYCLES fer
> crissake, not heart lung machines or diabetes.....

It doesn't matter.

>I put my info onto
> this and a few other NG cuz it's entertaining. If the entire web
> disappeared tomorrow, so what!!!!

BTW, Usenet is not the web. This is Usenet. Usenet is about communication
with others. Communication is facilitated when you adhere to its standards
and etiquette. If you don't care about communicating with others then why
are you here?

--

A: Top-posters.

DRS wrote:
> It's not "just a stinkin computer". It's about communicating and
> cooperating with others. Just as top-posting is anti-social and
> rightly derided on Usenet, so is barely intelligible quoting.

Just for the record, Peter's posts aren't THAT hard to follow (with a few
rare exceptions); and, since his comments are always quite interesting
and/or informative, I've learned to just accept it. (Sorta train the eyes
to just look past the strange symbols and go straight to the new content.)

As a contrast, our beloved AM-B kook (MJ&V) has absolutely /NO CLUE/ how to
quote coherently; and, since his comments are 94.7% recycled garbage anyway,
it's much easier to just ignore him altogether.

Bill "top-posters are MUCH worse IMO" S.

drs-<< This is Usenet. Usenet is about communication
with others. Communication is facilitated when you adhere to its standards
and etiquette. If you don't care about communicating with others then why
are you here? >><BR><BR>

Go ride yer stinkin bike. Most find AOL little more than a wee bit
inconvienent, not world shattering.

BTW-I Don't GAS if ya think I'm rude for using AOL, that is idiotic. 'If you
don't care about communicating with others, then why are you here?"

Why are YOU here, ask a bike question. If ya can't figure out the response,
geez..CALL me or write a letter.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

drs-<< Yes, the rest of us. You're clearly unaware of the history of either
AOL or
the Internet, including AOL's long-standing refusal to admit that the
Internet even existed, not to mention its habit of deliberately breaking
Internet standards after it finally opened a gateway and allowed its users
out into the big, wide world >><BR><BR>

Yawn, sighh....

DRS<< That's why you'll see lots of web sites that
say things like, "AOL users go _here_, everybody else go _there_". And it's
why your posts are formatted so badly. >><BR><BR>

Ya don't understand which shifter goes with what der??

DOOMED!!!

DRS-
<< It's not "just a stinkin computer". It's about communicating and
cooperating with others. Just as top-posting is anti-social and rightly
derided on Usenet, so is barely intelligible quoting. >><BR><BR>

Horseshit....did ya get that one??

It is a stinkin' computer. It is not about basic communication. Newsgroups,
USENET, WWW are all 'nice to have', not essential in any way shape or form to
humankind's survival. If you place this stuff on a pedestal, if it is an end in
itself for you..too bad.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

"S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> DRS wrote:
>> It's not "just a stinkin computer". It's about communicating and
>> cooperating with others. Just as top-posting is anti-social and
>> rightly derided on Usenet, so is barely intelligible quoting.

> Just for the record, Peter's posts aren't THAT hard to follow (with a

[...]

> Bill "top-posters are MUCH worse IMO" S.

Yes.

--

A: Top-posters.

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

[...]

> DRS-
> << It's not "just a stinkin computer". It's about communicating and
> cooperating with others. Just as top-posting is anti-social and
> rightly derided on Usenet, so is barely intelligible quoting.
> >><BR><BR>

> Horseshit....did ya get that one??
>
> It is a stinkin' computer. It is not about basic communication.

Yes, it is. That's exactly what it is.

> Newsgroups, USENET, WWW are all 'nice to have', not essential in any
> way shape or form to humankind's survival. If you place this stuff on
> a pedestal, if it is an end in itself for you..too bad.

No-one is doing anything of the sort and your defensiveness is only making
you look foolish.

--

A: Top-posters.

On 22 Jun 2004 13:16:11 GMT, [email protected] (Qui si parla
Campagnolo ) wrote:

>carl-<< You might peek at your posts in this mirror, so to speak: >><BR><BR>
>
>I did and have done before. They are not confusing to me nor are other people's
>posts. Maybe AOL IS the way to go.
>
>AOL allows me to have 7 email addresses, is easy to get to NGs and the web, is
>simple. Way more computer geekish ISPs may intrigue some of you but not me.
>
>Peter Chisholm
>Vecchio's Bicicletteria
>1833 Pearl St.
>Boulder, CO, 80302
>(303)440-3535
>http://www.vecchios.com
>"Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Dear Peter,

Whatever you like, just thought that you might not know
quite what the difference is between the way that your posts
look (no left-hand formatting or margin-marking or text
color to indicate who's saying what).

Your system doesn't look as if it would do well if you ever
tried to deal with a post involving more than you and a
single other poster.

As for the seven addresses, that's pretty much standard
among modern ISPs.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

DRS wrote:

> ...Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

A: M*k* V*nd*m*n

Tom Sherman wrote:
> DRS wrote:
>
>> ...Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

> A: M*k* V*nd*m*n

Nah. He's just the most pathetic.

Bill "his /posting/ style, however..." S.

"S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Sherman wrote:
> > DRS wrote:
> >
> >> ...Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

> > A: M*k* V*nd*m*n

> Nah. He's just the most pathetic.
>
> Bill "his /posting/ style, however..." S.

I suggest you google for "George Hammond". MV can't hold a candle to him.
--
Mark South: World Citizen, Net Denizen

drs-<< No-one is doing anything of the sort and your defensiveness is only
making
you look foolish.
>><BR><BR>

Geeee willikers Molly, ya seem to be understanding my posts pretty well these
days.

Keep up the good work, now, back to bikes!!

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> drs-<< No-one is doing anything of the sort and your defensiveness is
> only making
> you look foolish.
> >><BR><BR>

> Geeee willikers Molly, ya seem to be understanding my posts pretty
> well these days.

No-one ever said you were the worst of the bad formatters but you are wholly
mistaken to pretend there is no problem with your formatting. And you don't
attribute properly either.

--

A: Top-posters.

Adios muchacho-

<< And you don't
attribute properly either. >><BR><BR>

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

"S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Tom Sherman wrote:
> > DRS wrote:
> >
> >> ...Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

> > A: M*k* V*nd*m*n

> Nah. He's just the most pathetic.

The folks that habitually argue with him at length are pretty damned
annoying. The full-quoting ot insert one "DUH" is pretty annoying.
Oh, and the reposting of decade-old B.S. every month is kind of
annoying.

At least he doesn't top-post. Then he'd be super-duper
industrial-strength annoying.

> Bill "his /posting/ style, however..." S.

And the damn periods as quote level delimiters. What a maroon. At
least he's not finding double-entendres in every other post. That's
fairly annoying as well.
--
Jonesy