John O'Groats to Lands End

vbs

May 19, 2006
Afternoon All

As per the title I am looking at doing the John O'Groats to Lands End Bike Ride. Has anyone done this before that can give me some advice with regards to sites I can get maps from etc etc.

Thank You

Hi,

I have never done it but had looked at the possibility this year, I found this site, which is very detailed and has loads of links. Let me know if you manage to do it, as i might still take the plungs at some point, i dont think i can fit it in next year though, as i have a trip to France planned. But let me know i may join you for a section if you need the company!

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~ianclare/lejog1.htm

Good Luck

Seamus

www.streetmap.co.uk has full and accurate maps of the whole of the UK, as does multimap but the streetmap ones are larger on the screen.

The 1:250,000 Ordinance survery maps are good for carrying with you (you will need 5), or you can use a car road map, find the smallest one that covers the whole of the GB.

The CTC is a good place for info. Friend of mine used Anquet maps on her E2E last year. Used the strip map facility and just carried the pages she needed and a list of way points.