John Schlitter WINS BAF in RECORD TIME!!!

If everyone has to put up with your ******** posts Mr Ed.
You can just putu p with the posts of the riders that are
committed to performance recumbent riding.

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I should be interested to know precisely what the shape
> > of the recumbent market would be were it not for those
> > interested in going fast , both in terms of the number
> > of manufacturers in existence and the number of
> machines
> > sold. Because a considerable number of recumbent
> > manufacturers, on both sides of the Atlantic and Pacific
> > oceans, started as racers or fast road riders...
>
> I suspect that if it were not for us older guys getting
> fed up with the discomfort and wanting something less
> painful to ride than uprights, there would not be any
> market for recumbents at all. All this constant emphasis
on
> speed here on this newsgroup is highly misplaced. If you
> want to be fast
and

"Edward Dolan" wrote:

> > > Good Grief! I think I am going to throw up! Riding
> > > fast on a bicycle, even a recumbent, is not a
> > > tremendous achievement. It is merely so-so like most
> > > things in
> life.

Ed, you are so right. As usual, you have lifted the veil of
popular culture to reveal the blinding white light of truth
underneath. The Dalai Lama has made some tremendous
achievements and as far as I know, he does not do bike
races. However, I would have to rank bike races as above so-
so. You should try it. Riding fast on a bicycle can make you
throw up without even turning on your computer! If you are
going to barf, you should save your barf for something fun,
like a bike race.

> Isn't there another newsgroup where you guys could blather
> on about how fast you are and how important races are
> where you could praise and stroke one another to your
> heart's content.

No, there is no
alt.rec.bicycles.egomaniacalmanlymanrecumbentrider
newsgroup. Recumbent riders are generally low-profile,
humble, independent social and technological innovators who
do not ask for praise and stroking. Hence, we must post
unsolicited praise and stroking on this newsgroup:

Praise thee Schlitter, for he is worthy! All hail Schlitter,
for he is great!

My heart swells with admiration for John Schlitter. He
prepared himself, he prepared his bike, he did a long
breakaway in front and he finished with an excellent time.
He apparently has a full-time job so it is even more
remarkable that he had the discipline to whip himself into
such good shape.

How about some details on the bike?

[email protected] (David Cambon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> > life.
>
> Ed, you are so right. As usual, you have lifted the veil
> of popular culture to reveal the blinding white light of
> truth underneath. The Dalai Lama has made some tremendous
> achievements and as far as I know, he does not do bike
> races. However, I would have to rank bike races as above
> so-so. You should try it. Riding fast on a bicycle can
> make you throw up without even turning on your computer!
> If you are going to barf, you should save your barf for
> something fun, like a bike race.
>
> > Isn't there another newsgroup where you guys could
> > blather on about how fast you are and how important
> > races are where you could praise and stroke one another
> > to your heart's content.
>
> No, there is no
> alt.rec.bicycles.egomaniacalmanlymanrecumbentrider
> newsgroup. Recumbent riders are generally low-profile,
> humble, independent social and technological innovators
> who do not ask for praise and stroking. Hence, we must
> post unsolicited praise and stroking on this newsgroup:
>
> Praise thee Schlitter, for he is worthy! All hail
> Schlitter, for he is great!
>
> My heart swells with admiration for John Schlitter. He
> prepared himself, he prepared his bike, he did a long
> breakaway in front and he finished with an excellent time.
> He apparently has a full-time job so it is even more
> remarkable that he had the discipline to whip himself into
> such good shape.
>
> How about some details on the bike?

David,

Thank ye for bringing a chuckle to my day. Reading that felt
almost as good as seeting my pb on a time trial. I too bow
to John Schlitter and will sprinkle shredded tubes in his
path soeth he may not bruiseth his foots.

Thanks Again...

Slow Joe Recumbo

"Ted" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If everyone has to put up with your ******** posts Mr Ed.
> You can just
putu
> p with the posts of the riders that are committed to
> performance recumbent riding.

But shouldn't racing news be posted on rec.bicycles.racing
or some other such other newsgroup? I wouldn't mind it so
much if these types weren't constantly stroking one another
in public and congratulating one another. I mean, it is
disgusting and obscene - isn't it?

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"David Cambon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

bicycle, even a recumbent, is
> > life.
>
> Ed, you are so right. As usual, you have lifted the veil
> of popular culture to reveal the blinding white light of
> truth underneath.
[...]

David, you should have stopped right at this point in your
post and you would have been brilliant. Unfortunately
though, you go on and go off the rails like most others on
this newsgroup. Well, I can only do so much. If you and your
ilk want to rave about being fast and winning races, go to
it but know at least there is one person in this world who
does not think much if anything of your so called
accomplishments and achievements - or whatever the hell else
you want to call it.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Dolan, If you are not interested in this thread just don't
read it. That is what you are always telling everyone who
doesn't like or is not interested in your posts. If we want
to talk about this we should be able to without having to
listen to some asshole like you who has no interest in it.
If we want your opinion we will ask for it and I guarantee
you no one will.

Good ride John!

mike s wrote:

> The difference between Ed and God is God doesn't think
> he's Ed. And with that I back out of this discussion so
> future baiting (disguised as opinion) won't work.

Mike,

Being insulted by Mr. Dolan should be considered a
compliment.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

Speed = efficiency. Ed can blather all he likes about
recumbents being slow, but I suspect that even he'd rather
expend 100W to travel at a given speed than 200. As for
pain, I am unsure as to why he believes fast bikes to be
uncomfortable (apart from the usual "because I said so",
obv.) Because he is wrong.

No change there then.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

> Speed = efficiency. Ed can blather all he likes about
> recumbents being slow, but I suspect that even he'd rather
> expend 100W to travel at a given speed than 200. As for
> pain, I am unsure as to why he believes fast bikes to be
> uncomfortable (apart from the usual "because I said so",
> obv.) Because he is wrong.

First he makes a comment about the market for recumbents
having to do with speed and racing which I answer, but since
he doesn't like the answer he switches subjects on me. Most
importantly, note that he did not include my post to which
he was supposedly responding. Ever the sign of a scoundrel
and a rogue.

I never in my life said fast bikes (recumbents) were
uncomfortable, only that uprights are uncomfortable. As a
matter of fact I believe all the hoopla about SWB had mostly
to do with the fact that they were more comfortable than
LWB. However, I can't ride the latest incarnations of fast
SWB because the cranks are now too high and I will get numb
feet from them.

I do not believe Dave Larrington can possibly be a recumbent
bike shop dealer at all. If he is, he is doomed and will
soon go broke since he doesn't have a clue about his market.

> No change there then.

You never have to change when you are right as rain!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Carl R. Murdock" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dolan, If you are not interested in this thread just don't
> read it. That is what you are always telling everyone who
> doesn't like or is not interested in your posts. If we
> want to talk about this we should be able to without
> having to listen to some asshole like you who has no
> interest in it. If we want your opinion we will ask for it
> and I guarantee you no one will.

I am contributing valuable information and opinion to a
thread that has gone off the track. You racer types are
positively incestuous and are ruining this newsgroup with
your idiotic enthusiasms for being fast and winning races.
That is not what recumbents are about. Recumbents are for
us older gents who merely want to be comfortable riding a
bike - period!

Why aren't you racer types on some other newsgroup where you
could indulge your childish fantasies without embarrassing
the rest of us sane and sensible types. More importantly,
why aren't you racer types on uprights instead of recumbents
so that you could compete with your proper ilk, like the
Great Fabrizzio! Then you could be on a racing newsgroup
with him and you all cackle like crows to one another about
how fast you are.

> Good ride John!

Who cares John!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

[email protected] (Carl R. Murdock) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Dolan, If you are not interested in this thread just don't
> read it. That is what you are always telling everyone who
> doesn't like or is not interested in your posts. If we
> want to talk about this we should be able to without
> having to listen to some asshole like you who has no
> interest in it. If we want your opinion we will ask for it
> and I guarantee you no one will.
>
> Good ride John!

Carl,

Don't reply to Ed on-line. That won't stop him. What's the
phrase "It just feeds the troll."? Countless times he was
asked not to post to a thread unless he has something to
contribute directly to the thread. You'll notice he attacked
what we were writing about knowing that would get someone
riled up. He thrives on being the proverbial pea under the
mattress. Like it was said above: "What's the difference
between God and Ed? God doesn't think he's Ed." That pretty
much sums it up.

Write directly to Ed at his email address when you have a
comment about his postings or if you want to tell him what
you think of him personally.

In the meantime, what John did is awesome for a recumbent
rider, somewhat dispelling the stereotype that we're all old
farts who can't get out of our own way. I can't thank John,
Rich, and Mark enough for giving me a bike (Strada) that
allows me to keep up with the riders in our week day rides.
It feels good to hammer when you want to.

Tailwinds

Slow, but much faster on my Strada, Joe Recumbo

"Joe Keenan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Carl R. Murdock) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Dolan, If you are not interested in this thread just
> > don't read it. That is what you are always telling
> > everyone who doesn't like or is not interested in your
> > posts. If we want to talk about this we should be able
> > to without having to listen to some asshole like you who
> > has no interest in it. If we want your opinion we will
> > ask for it and I guarantee you no one will.
> >
> > Good ride John!
>
> Carl,
>
> Don't reply to Ed on-line. That won't stop him. What's the
> phrase "It just feeds the troll."? Countless times he was
> asked not to post to a thread unless he has something to
> contribute directly to the thread. You'll notice he
> attacked what we were writing about knowing that would get
> someone riled up. He thrives on being the proverbial pea
> under the mattress. Like it was said above: "What's the
> difference between God and Ed? God doesn't think he's Ed."
> That pretty much sums it up.

Carl can think for himself and does not need you to tell him
what to think or how to respond to me. Maybe you should
address me yourself instead of doing it through proxies.
Trust me, I will know what to say to you no matter what with
one hand tied behind my back. But Joe is a nanny and thinks
this newsgroup needs looking after to protect from big bad
wolfs like me.

> Write directly to Ed at his email address when you have a
> comment about his postings or if you want to tell him what
> you think of him personally.

If you do that I will tell you exactly what I told good old
Joe which was to post to the newsgroup and I will answer all
your concerns. I only use email for my friends and family,
not for jerks who want to tell me off. Do that here on the
newsgroup or do not do it at all.

> In the meantime, what John did is awesome for a recumbent
> rider, somewhat dispelling the stereotype that we're all
> old farts who can't get out of our own way. I can't thank
> John, Rich, and Mark enough for giving me a bike (Strada)
> that allows me to keep up with the riders in our week day
> rides. It feels good to hammer when you want to.

It is the above paragraph that good old Joe ought to be
sending as an email to this John guy that he admires so much
and spare the rest of us this embarrassment. Some folks just
have no pride or self respect at all. Why is he thanking
this John character when he paid a small fortune for his
bike? The truth is that John ought to be thanking him. But
leave it to this newsgroup to get everything backwards. Or
as Joe would say, advance to the rear! Instead he tries to
tell me off via email and praises this John guy via the
newsgroup. Go figure!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

I visit this sorry shadow of a newsgroup, only to find this post from
Mister Ed:

> ...You racer types are positively incestuous and are
> ruining this newsgroup with your idiotic enthusiasms...

Wow, what can I say??? Mister Ed, the king of OT posts, is
chastising others for ruining the newsgroup with their
ravings of recumbent accomplishments??? Now THAT is ironic.
I guess it's true that those who can't do, criticize.

Way to go, John! I hope to see you at Black Bear this
summer!

And now, I'll go away again and leave you to your regularly-
scheduled OT stuff.

"John Foltz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I visit this sorry shadow of a newsgroup, only to find
> this post from Mister Ed:
>
> > ...You racer types are positively incestuous and are
> > ruining this
newsgroup
> > with your idiotic enthusiasms...
> >
> Wow, what can I say??? Mister Ed, the king of OT posts, is
> chastising others for ruining the newsgroup with their
> ravings of recumbent accomplishments??? Now THAT is
> ironic. I guess it's true that those who can't do,
> criticize.
>
> Way to go, John! I hope to see you at Black Bear
> this summer!
>
> And now, I'll go away again and leave you to your regularly-
> scheduled OT stuff.

John Foltz has more or less left this newsgroup for what I
hope are greener pastures for him, but he is disappointed
that the group did not disappear at the moment of his
leaving. That is how important he thought he was. But the
world goes on and takes little note of our coming and going.
And this newsgroup will go on after John and I are moldering
in our graves.

And it will be the same old **** that we are presently
having to put up with. Stuff like so and so just rode 40 mph
on the latest and greatest bike and so and so just won a
race on the latest and greatest bike. And then others, like
Foltz, will chip in with his two cents worth with asinine
comments like "Way to go, John! I hope to see you at Black
Bear this summer!". God! How tiresome this all gets. I feel
like I am in the land of OZ where everything trivial is
magnified and made important.

This newsgroup is all about grown-ups pretending to be kids
- and making fools of ourselves. Only the fabulous Fab can
see us for what we are.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

amen Joe. Ed lives in Minn where it must be winter all year
and he can't get away from the PC to harass others.

Bill M

--
In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now
the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

"Joe Keenan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Carl R. Murdock) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Dolan, If you are not interested in this thread just
> > don't read it. That is what you are always telling
> > everyone who doesn't like or is not interested in your
> > posts. If we want to talk about this we should be able
> > to without having to listen to some asshole like you who
> > has no interest in it. If we want your opinion we will
> > ask for it and I guarantee you no one will.
> >
> > Good ride John!
>
> Carl,
>
> Don't reply to Ed on-line. That won't stop him. What's the
> phrase "It just feeds the troll."? Countless times he was
> asked not to post to a thread unless he has something to
> contribute directly to the thread. You'll notice he
> attacked what we were writing about knowing that would get
> someone riled up. He thrives on being the proverbial pea
> under the mattress. Like it was said above: "What's the
> difference between God and Ed? God doesn't think he's Ed."
> That pretty much sums it up.
>
> Write directly to Ed at his email address when you have a
> comment about his postings or if you want to tell him what
> you think of him personally.
>
> In the meantime, what John did is awesome for a recumbent
> rider, somewhat dispelling the stereotype that we're all
> old farts who can't get out of our own way. I can't thank
> John, Rich, and Mark enough for giving me a bike (Strada)
> that allows me to keep up with the riders in our week day
> rides. It feels good to hammer when you want to.
>
> Tailwinds
>
> Slow, but much faster on my Strada, Joe Recumbo

Wahoo!!

--
David Luecke Ridin' a RANS Vivo Titusville, Florida USA
http://community.webshots.com/user/david_luecke

"EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Yep, a recumbo WON the race RUNNING away! Good ole John
> from Bacchetta did the """167 miles""" in """6:49 total
> time"""! That's with an average of """24.5 for 167
> MILES""" fokes!!! Here's a link to the local newspaper
that
> did a story on the event. http://tinyurl.com/35a7x
> CONGRATULATIONS JOHN of Bacchetta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EZ Biker
> :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (KILLER B Pilot / Aero Squadron)

"David Luecke" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...
> Wahoo!!
>
> "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Yep, a recumbo WON the race RUNNING away! Good ole John
> > from Bacchetta
did
> > the """167 miles""" in """6:49 total time"""! That's
> > with an average of """24.5 for 167 MILES""" fokes!!!
> > Here's a link to the local newspaper
> that
> > did a story on the event. http://tinyurl.com/35a7x
> > CONGRATULATIONS JOHN of Bacchetta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EZ
> > Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (KILLER B Pilot / Aero
> > Squadron)

Yup, it happened, I threw up (barfed) when I encountered
this latest disgusting enthusiasm for being fast and winning
races. Is there not a more appropriate newsgroup where these
types could stroke and cackle like crows to one another so
as not to embarrass the rest of us sane and sensible types.
Truly, they are children and know not what they do. 90% of
folks who get reucmbents get them for comfort and they do
not give a damn about speed. I ask, is there not a newsgroup
on Usenet where these types could express themselves?
Surely, there must be some newsgroups who do nothing but
discuss racing. Fab, damn it, where are you when you are
needed here on ARBR to set these recumbent racers straight?

If we were dealing with teenagers here it would not matter
so much, but I have never seen a young person on a
recumbent. Every person I have ever seen on a recumbent was
well over 30 years of age. Most are far older. Jeez! Grow
up, act your age and stop making a fool of yourself. You are
ridiculous and pathetic. Don't you know you are going to die
soon and be food for worms?

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan wrote:

> I do not believe Dave Larrington can possibly be a
> recumbent bike shop dealer at all. If he is, he is doomed
> and will soon go broke since he doesn't have a clue about
> his market.

Never in the history of all things ever have I made any
pretence towards being a recumbent dealer. To assert
otherwise is clearly the mark of someone with the
intellectual acuity of a particularly thick wasp.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
> > I do not believe Dave Larrington can possibly be a
> > recumbent bike shop dealer at all. If he is, he is
> > doomed and will soon go broke since he doesn't have a
> > clue about his market.
>
> Never in the history of all things ever have I made any
> pretence towards being a recumbent dealer. To assert
> otherwise is clearly the mark of someone with the
> intellectual acuity of a particularly thick wasp.

So what is all that **** at the bottom of your posts about
being an editor for something called the British Human Power
Club Newsletter? I am assuming this has to do with bikes,
although I have always thought the HPV stuff was nothing but
pretentious nonsense. In any event, if you are an editor of
a newsletter about bikes, then you should know all about the
market for recumbents, and it is not racers for Pete's sake!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota