John Schlitter WINS BAF in RECORD TIME!!!

"98GTW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
4... [...]
> Further research indicates both "damn" and "dam" in early
> usage. I've learned something today.
>
> My apologies and thanks to you, Ed.
>
> --
> Dave 98GTW

Dave, you didn't learn half as much from me as I did from
you. But without getting into Oxford Dictionary definitions
and histories of words in the English language, a work for
scholars only, I generally go with just a common dictionary
definition of a word. However, we can all make mistakes as
most of us do not have any idea where words come from. To
study where words come from is a separate universe and if
you do enough of this you will become a scholar of the
language and know things that nobody else knows.

Main Entry: tinker's damn Variant(s): also tinker's
dam /-'dam/ Function: noun Etymology: probably from
the tinkers' reputation for blasphemy
: a minimum amount or degree (as of care) <didn't give
: a tinker's damn
about poetry -- James Blish>

Merriam-Webster

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:09:38 -0500, Tom Sherman
<[email protected]>:

>> I don't give a tinker's damn about your miserable little
>> club. All I know for sure is that you ought to be calling
>> yourself a bicycle club and not something called human
>> power. How pretentious and ridiculous!...

>The British Human Power Club (BHPC) is a national affiliate
>of the International Human Powered Vehicle Association
>(IHPVA). Both organizations included human powered boats,
>submarines, aircraft, etc.

To say nothing of the trike riders. But it's pointless
trying logic with Mr. Ed. Entirely the wrong end of that
particular horse.

--
Guy
===

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
Washington University

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:09:38 -0500, Tom Sherman
> <[email protected]> wrote in message <[email protected]
> berlin.de>:
>
> >> I don't give a tinker's damn about your miserable
> >> little club. All I
know
> >> for sure is that you ought to be calling yourself a
> >> bicycle club and
not
> >> something called human power. How pretentious and
> >> ridiculous!...
>
> >The British Human Power Club (BHPC) is a national
> >affiliate of the International Human Powered Vehicle
> >Association (IHPVA). Both organizations included human
> >powered boats, submarines, aircraft, etc.
>
> To say nothing of the trike riders. But it's pointless
> trying logic with Mr. Ed. Entirely the wrong end of that
> particular horse.

A trike is basically a bike, you stupid jackass!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan scribed with passion and wit:

> "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]>
> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:09:38 -0500, Tom Sherman
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message <[email protected]

> know
> not
>>
>>> The British Human Power Club (BHPC) is a national
>>> affiliate of the International Human Powered Vehicle
>>> Association (IHPVA). Both organizations included human
>>> powered boats, submarines, aircraft, etc.
>>
>> To say nothing of the trike riders. But it's pointless
>> trying logic with Mr. Ed. Entirely the wrong end of that
>> particular horse.
>
> A trike is basically a bike, you stupid jackass!

Who wants to spank the baby?

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:14:58 -0500, Mr. Ed <[email protected]> wrote in
message <[email protected]>:

>A trike is basically a bike, you stupid jackass!

Lost the ability to count as well as reason? Never mind, the
nurse will be along with your meds in a minute.

--
Guy
===
posting. http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
Washington University

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:14:58 -0500, Mr. Ed <[email protected]>
> wrote in message <[email protected]>:
>
> >A trike is basically a bike, you stupid jackass!
>
> Lost the ability to count as well as reason? Never mind,
> the nurse will be along with your meds in a minute.

2 wheels, 3 wheels - what damn difference does it make? A
bike is a bike is a bike! That HPV **** is nothing but
pretentious snobbery. But leave it do the g.d. English to
come up with distinctions that don't matter. Choke on your
HPV **** for all I care!

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Ian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BCB5D9BD.1CA7D%[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan scribed with passion and wit:
>

> > "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]>
> > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:09:38 -0500, Tom Sherman
> >> <[email protected]> wrote in message <[email protected]

> > know
> > not

> >> To say nothing of the trike riders. But it's pointless
> >> trying logic with Mr. Ed. Entirely the wrong end of
> >> that particular horse.
> >
> > A trike is basically a bike, you stupid jackass!
>
> Who wants to spank the baby?

Ian, you need to ask yourself why it is OK for Guy to call
me a horse's ass and why it is not OK for me to call him a
stupid jackass. Also, look up the tradition of the English
sense of fair play. Sometimes I don't believe you are
English at all.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Perry Butler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mr. Ed
>
> I teach students to be efficient, not anal!
>
> You still don't have a clue!
>
> Perry B - Minnesota

Mr. Perry

Teach them the proper way to post on a newsgroup. That is
the least you can do for them.

I notice you are top posting again. You are a failure as a
teacher and as a person. There is nothing anal about doing
something the right way rather than the wrong way. If I were
your superior, I would fire you from your job.

--
Ed Dolan - Still Clueless in Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Ian, you need to ask yourself why it is OK for Guy to call
> me a horse's ass and why it is not OK for me to call him a
> stupid jackass. Also, look up the tradition of the English
> sense of fair play. Sometimes I don't believe you are
> English at all.

Because you (Ed) have behaved badly, made up facts, and just
plain broken so much wind on this newsgroup it's a wonder
your newsreader hasn't died from asphyxiation.

But you weren't really wondering were you. (Note to Ed:
this is a rhetorical question. Look that up in a book
sometime. Oops forgot, you can't be troubled to actually do
any work. )

Why am I about to coin the phrase "dolonoscopy" for your
inevitable, self centered, and utterly witless reply.

Look I'll spare you the trouble

"Ug, Me Ed. Ug. Me smart. Ug."

There, now back to your mule, plow-boy.

And folks who respond to Ed have a clue? bg

Perry Butler wrote:

> Mr. Ed
>
> I teach students to be efficient, not anal!
>
> You still don't have a clue!
>
> Perry B - Minnesota

Mr. Ed (as in the horse, you moron!)

I've been using usenet since the 80's. For the ignorant such
as you, there was usenet before there was the Internet.

I never bottom post. It wastes time and only people (or
children) with short attention spans demand it.

When I respond to an entire message, I place the response
at the top to make it easier for the person to read
(assuming they have an attention span and if they don't
they either shouldn't be using usenet or at least keep
their mouth shut). When I'm responding to a thought
contained in a previous message I include that thought
above it to keep it separate.

It's the ignorant or arrogant who think EVERYTHING should be
bottom posted.

I've also could care less if you top post or bottom post.

I've now given you a clue! Are you intelligent enough to
understand it?

Enjoy,

Perry Butler 15487 Co Rd 1 NW Evansville, MN 56326 218-948-
2753

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:66-dnUyb5-SypA3dRVn-
[email protected]...

> "Perry Butler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Mr. Ed
> >
> > I teach students to be efficient, not anal!
> >
> > You still don't have a clue!
> >
> > Perry B - Minnesota
>
> Mr. Perry
>
> Teach them the proper way to post on a newsgroup. That is
> the least you
can

Mr. Ed [Dolan] wrote:

> ... 2 wheels, 3 wheels - what damn difference does it
> make?...

Multi-track vehicles steer by slip angles of the tires (zero
degrees being considered an angle in this case) while single-
track vehicles steer by camber thrust. Multi-track vehicles
are either statically determinate or statically
indeterminate while at rest, but single-track vehicles are
statically unstable while at rest.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

"poulidor_rocks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in news:XuydndPsQ_zArA3dRVn-
> [email protected]:
>

> > Ian, you need to ask yourself why it is OK for Guy to
> > call me a horse's ass and why it is not OK for me to
> > call him a stupid jackass. Also, look up the tradition
> > of the English sense of fair play. Sometimes I don't
> > believe you are English at all.
> >

> Because you (Ed) have behaved badly, made up facts, and
> just plain broken so much wind on this newsgroup it's a
> wonder your newsreader hasn't died from asphyxiation.

Never any details, just generalizations which lead nowhere.

> But you weren't really wondering were you. (Note to Ed:
> this is a rhetorical question. Look that up in a book
> sometime. Oops forgot, you can't be troubled to actually
> do any work. )

It is good that you do not want any answers. All liberals
are like this. They prefer it if you never even get an
opportunity to get a word in edge wise.

> Why am I about to coin the phrase "dolonoscopy" for your
> inevitable, self centered, and utterly witless reply.

Now the typical insult which is always idiotic because they
have the wit of braying jackasses.

> Look I'll spare you the trouble
>
> "Ug, Me Ed. Ug. Me smart. Ug."
>
> There, now back to your mule, plow-boy.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"bg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Perry Butler wrote:
>
> > Mr. Ed
> >
> > I teach students to be efficient, not anal!
> >
> > You still don't have a clue!
> >
> > Perry B - Minnesota
>
> And folks who respond to Ed have a clue? bg

bg, this is all about a couple of Minnesota bastards having
it out.. The old saying is that it takes one to know one. I
understand this other Minnesota fellow (Perry Butler) better
than I do any of those English nuts and screwballs and so I
will take him on for all eternity, even if it means the
total ruination of the newsgroup. Perry is put out because I
do not like him much. He is constantly calling me names in
the most childish ways, but when I return the compliments he
takes offense. All liberals are like this. They think they
have a god given right to disparage others but think they
are immune from the same treatment they deal out. I am here
to disillusion them of that notion.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Perry Butler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mr. Ed (as in the horse, you moron!)

I have never been into popular culture. That is for
morons like you.

> I've been using usenet since the 80's. For the ignorant
> such as you,
there
> was usenet before there was the Internet.]

What does it matter to me if there was Usenet before there
was the Internet?

> I never bottom post. It wastes time and only people (or
> children) with short attention spans demand it.

You are quite wrong about this. You are taking short cuts
because you are a lazy slob. You have no regard for others
who may be reading the subject thread. How the hell did you
get to be a computer instructor when you are so ignorant of
the elementary courtesies of Usenet. You are a prime example
of the blind leading the blind. Ask Mr. Sherman about this
if you don't believe
me. He never top posts.

> When I respond to an entire message, I place the response
> at the top to
make
> it easier for the person to read (assuming they have an
> attention span and if they don't they either shouldn't be
> using usenet or at least keep their mouth shut). When I'm
> responding to a thought contained in a previous message I
> include that thought above it to keep it separate.

You need to respond to the entire message. Instead you are
constantly picking a single sentence to respond to which
makes you look like an idiot. You are the one with the short
attention span, not me. Note how I respond to the complete
message and not just particular sentences. You could learn a
lot by following my example. Mr.Sherman edits me too
severely, but at least he observes the elementary rules of
good posting.

> It's the ignorant or arrogant who think EVERYTHING should
> be bottom
posted.

No, everything should always be bottom posted all the time.
There is never any excuse for not doing it. You are an
ignoramus for thinking otherwise.

> I've also could care less if you top post or bottom post.

not going to let you g.d. liberals get lower in the muck
than me. You mostly you win all your battles is by being
scum. So I will be scummier than you. How do you like it?

> I've now given you a clue! Are you intelligent enough to
> understand it?

You are the poor slob who is clueless. But that is always
the way it is with teachers (as opposed to true scholars).
They assume an arrogance which ill befits them. It must come
from dictating to pupils (not students) all day long and
never encountering any adult opposition.

> Enjoy,

> Perry Butler 15487 Co Rd 1 NW Evansville, MN 56326
> 218-948-2753

sake. Are you crazy or what?

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message ...

> crazy if truth be told and would just as soon not have to
> put up with all this rot about being fast and winning
> races. Fab, where are you now that you are needed here?

Those 'trek' rides don't interest me. You never get any real
roadies riding those 'events'.

While that bit of silliness was going on, guys like me were
sorting things out on the Côtes de Stockeu, Mur de Huy, and
the Cauberg.

Now do you see why I have no respect for benters?

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mr. Ed [Dolan] wrote:
>
> > ... 2 wheels, 3 wheels - what damn difference does it
> > make?...
>
> Multi-track vehicles steer by slip angles of the tires
> (zero degrees being considered an angle in this case)
> while single-track vehicles steer by camber thrust. Multi-
> track vehicles are either statically determinate or
> statically indeterminate while at rest, but single-track
> vehicles are statically unstable while at rest.

Hear me once and for all - a bike is a bike is a bike! All
those other HPVs (water and air) are totally different from
bikes. And no one is into those other HPVs anyway except
nuts and screwballs, which is why I say it is pretentious
and preposterous to call ourselves HPV'ers. It is an
affectation which only engineering types would cotton to.

I especially liked that last sentence of yours. Thanks for
the good laugh! I wish I could learn to say very simple
things in a complicated manner like you do.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Mr. Ed [Dolan] wrote:

> Hear me once and for all - a bike is a bike is a bike!...

A horse is a horse, of course, of course, And no one can
talk to a horse of course That is, of course, unless the
horse is the famous Mister Ed.

Go right to the source and ask the horse He’ll give you the
answer that you’ll endorse. He’s always on a steady course.
Talk to Mister Ed.

People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day But
Mr. Ed will never speak unless he has something to say

A horse is a horse, of course, of course, And this one’ll
talk ‘til his voice is hoarse. You never heard of a
talking horse?

Well listen to this: "I'm Mister Ed."

- Theme song from TV show Mr. Ed

Search engines are a wonderful thing.

--

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message ...
>
> > crazy if truth be told and would just as soon not have
> > to put up with
all
> > this rot about being fast and winning races. Fab, where
> > are you now that
you
> > are needed here?
>
> Those 'trek' rides don't interest me. You never get any
> real roadies
riding
> those 'events'.
>
> While that bit of silliness was going on, guys like me
> were sorting things out on the Côtes de Stockeu, Mur de
> Huy, and the Cauberg.
>
> Now do you see why I have no respect for benters?

Fab, I am with you 100%. These recumbent racers disgust and
embarrass me. Everyone in the world knows that us older guys
ride recumbents because they are more comfortable - period!
We recumbent riders don't give a damn about speed. Please
continue to post to this newsgroup to keep all these so
called recumbent racers in check.. When you are not here,
they go crazy and think they are the equal of you. We both
know how silly that is.

I wage a lonely battle here without you.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota