Johnny Schleck Car Search

TheDarkLord said:
Wonder why they took this step. They must have had some suspicions, no?
Maybe ASO noticed, as some of us have, that Andy Shleck seems to have a bit too much spring in his step.

alvynmcq said:
Anyone any further news on the Schleck-mobile being stopped by French customs?
Johnny Schleck was interviewed by Luxembourg radio station. About 17 cars were searched according to him. His suitcase was in the car, and he had some medicine, like Buscopan (whatever that is) for his own use. He signed a paper to customs officers and could continue. Asked if this put the Schlecks under pressure because of suspicion, he answered: "I'm not worried, and considering the fact that my boys are doing so well on this Tour, this behaviour is almost normal. Although I do not believe they were particularly after me."

Alongside this case, one should not forget that last 14th July a car with 160kg of Khat (some African drug like amphetamines) was discovered in a car with Luxembourg number plate near Basel. Not trying to "excuse" the Schlecks in any way, but could also be that French customs officers were simply doing their daily job by checking Luxembourg cars. Switzerland isn't far away from St Etienne!

adamastor said:
Johnny Schleck was interviewed by Luxembourg radio station. About 17 cars were searched according to him. His suitcase was in the car, and he had some medicine, like Buscopan (whatever that is) for his own use. He signed a paper to customs officers and could continue. Asked if this put the Schlecks under pressure because of suspicion, he answered: "I'm not worried, and considering the fact that my boys are doing so well on this Tour, this behaviour is almost normal. Although I do not believe they were particularly after me."

Alongside this case, one should not forget that last 14th July a car with 160kg of Khat (some African drug like amphetamines) was discovered in a car with Luxembourg number plate near Basel. Not trying to "excuse" the Schlecks in any way, but could also be that French customs officers were simply doing their daily job by checking Luxembourg cars. Switzerland isn't far away from St Etienne!
Buscopan is a muscle relaxant for irritable bowl syndrome