Join email support group for gourmet dieters

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Diane Wirth, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. Diane Wirth

    Diane Wirth Guest

    Hello fellow foodies,

    This is an update to encourage those of you who are passionate about good food, but who still want
    to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight, to join my new support group, gourmetdieters. To join,
    go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gourmetdieters and click the "Join This Group!" button.

    I've had so much success with my weight loss that I'd like to encourage and help others who want to
    continue to enjoy GREAT food and still stay slim and healthy. I've lost (and kept off!) 9 pounds so
    far. I still have another 8 pounds to go, but passing the 50% marker provided a real boost to my
    motivation to continue.

    What I mean by gourmet food is food that is of the absolute HIGHEST QUALITY with the BEST
    PREPERATION. It doesn't mean I will only eat at 5-star restaurants. I don't, since I think they're
    generally overrated. I eat at small, local, ethnic places, and most of the time I cook my own meals
    (I'm a very good cook). The best calamari I ever ate was from a curbside stand in Monterey,
    California. It cost next to nothing, and yet it met my high standards, was "gourmet" for lack of a
    better term, and most important WAS WORTH EVERY SINGLE CALORIE. I ate that calamari 3 years ago, and
    I can still remember it today.

    That, in a nutshell, is what my "diet" or "eating philosophy" is all about. Eat only the best food,
    enjoy every single bite, and think about what you are eating. If it isn't the best, the most
    delicious, the most fabulous taste, then toss the rest in the garbage can. MOST FOOD IS NOT WORTH
    THE CALORIES. You just have to learn to be highly selective about what you eat and you will
    succeed. I did.

    I look forward to hearing from you! Diane

    NOTE: If you have emotional eating problems, or other complex eating issues, then this group is
    probably not for you and you should get some professional help. This is a support group for
    people who love to eat good food, who live to eat good food, and that is the primary reason
    they struggle with their weight.

    NOTE 2: If you must respond to this posting, please do so via email. I do not have time to
    read netnews.

    Tags:

  2. Once upon a time, our fellow Diane Wirth rambled on about "Join email support group for gourmet
    dieters." Our champion De-Medicalizing in sci.med.nutrition retorts, thusly ...

    >to encourage those of you who are passionate about good food, but who still want to lose weight

    Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

    Kind of an oxymore don't you think?

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    oxy-MORON, john. Should be a word familiar to you of all people. MikeV "John 'the Man' >"
    <<DeMan[103]@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Once upon a time, our fellow Diane Wirth rambled on about "Join email support group for gourmet
    > dieters." Our champion De-Medicalizing in sci.med.nutrition retorts, thusly ...
    >
    > >to encourage those of you who are passionate about good food, but who still want to lose weight
    >
    > Ha, ... Hah, Ha!
    >
    > Kind of an oxymore don't you think?

  4. Once upon a time, our fellow mike rambled on about "Re: Join email support group for gourmet
    dieters." Our champion De-Medicalizing in sci.med.nutrition retorts, thusly ...

    >oxy-MORON, john. Should be a word familiar to you of all people.

    Monkey see, Monkey jump.

    Have you heard that one, mike?

    Ha, ... Hah, Ha!