joining a track club

syrus_82

Aug 3, 2003
i am interested in joining a track club but do not know where one is located, somewhere close to penrith would be good, if anyone knows of one in the area it would be appreciated
thanks

Originally posted by syrus_82
i am interested in joining a track club but do not know where one is located, somewhere close to penrith would be good, if anyone knows of one in the area it would be appreciated
thanks

I think the closest track to you would be Dunc Gray Velodrome at Bankstown. I think Bankstown sports holds training on Monday and Wednesday nights. Otherwise there's Lidcome-Auburn or Tempe (Monday and Wednesday nights) or Hurstville. Unfortunately velodromes are pretty rare and tend to be concentrated in the south of the metro area. This is also a problem for me since I was thinking of taking up Pursuiting but will be living on the northside next year.

Syrus,

Make the trip to Bankstown. I think they race at DGV each Friday night and there are other training nights available. Give the velodrome a ring.

BTW, you don't need to be a member of Bankstown CC to train or race there... so long as you have a cycling Aust license.

Cheers
Conan