Joke

Andy Crawford

Guest
One day, three men were out hiking in a remote area of the Highlands and
came upon a violent, raging river. They had to get to the other side, but
had no idea how to do so safely.
Being a very devout person, the first man dropped to his knees and prayed,
saying, "Please God, give me the strength to cross this river." In a
blinding flash of light, God gave him big, strong arms and legs and he
was able to swim across the river - but not before almost drowning a couple
of times on the way.
Seeing this, the second man thought he'd do something similar, saying,
"Please God, give me the strength . and the tools to cross this river." In a
second blinding flash of light, God gave him big, strong arms and legs. and
a rowing boat, so he too was able to cross the river - almost capsizing the
boat a couple of times on the way over.
The third man was amazed at how this had worked for his pals and he also
prayed saying, "Please God, give me the strength and the tools . and the
intelligence to cross this river."
In a third blinding flash of light, God turned him into a woman! She looked
at her map, hiked a couple of hundred yards upstream and walked across the
bridge!
--
Andy Crawford
www.chiadfhear.co.uk

Remove "my boots" to e-mail me

"Andy Crawford" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> One day, three men were out hiking in a remote area of the Highlands and
> came upon a violent, raging river. They had to get to the other side, but
> had no idea how to do so safely.
> Being a very devout person, the first man dropped to his knees and prayed,
> saying, "Please God, give me the strength to cross this river." In a
> blinding flash of light, God gave him big, strong arms and legs and he
> was able to swim across the river - but not before almost drowning a
> couple of times on the way.
> Seeing this, the second man thought he'd do something similar, saying,
> "Please God, give me the strength . and the tools to cross this river." In
> a second blinding flash of light, God gave him big, strong arms and legs.
> and a rowing boat, so he too was able to cross the river - almost
> capsizing the boat a couple of times on the way over.
> The third man was amazed at how this had worked for his pals and he also
> prayed saying, "Please God, give me the strength and the tools . and the
> intelligence to cross this river."
> In a third blinding flash of light, God turned him into a woman! She
> looked at her map, hiked a couple of hundred yards upstream and walked
> across the bridge!

He didn't turn into a PW, otherwise he/she would have used a GPS ;-)

--
Theo
www.theosphotos.fotopic.net

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:15:53 +0100, "theo" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Andy Crawford" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
>news:[email protected]...
>> One day, three men were out hiking in a remote area of the Highlands and
>> came upon a violent, raging river. They had to get to the other side, but
>> had no idea how to do so safely.
>> Being a very devout person, the first man dropped to his knees and prayed,
>> saying, "Please God, give me the strength to cross this river." In a
>> blinding flash of light, God gave him big, strong arms and legs and he
>> was able to swim across the river - but not before almost drowning a
>> couple of times on the way.
>> Seeing this, the second man thought he'd do something similar, saying,
>> "Please God, give me the strength . and the tools to cross this river." In
>> a second blinding flash of light, God gave him big, strong arms and legs.
>> and a rowing boat, so he too was able to cross the river - almost
>> capsizing the boat a couple of times on the way over.
>> The third man was amazed at how this had worked for his pals and he also
>> prayed saying, "Please God, give me the strength and the tools . and the
>> intelligence to cross this river."
>> In a third blinding flash of light, God turned him into a woman! She
>> looked at her map, hiked a couple of hundred yards upstream and walked
>> across the bridge!

<fx: titter!>

>He didn't turn into a PW, otherwise he/she would have used a GPS ;-)

A PW would probably have got vertigo, and fallen off the bridge :)

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~