Jonathan Pages takes.....

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 19:50:10 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On 1 Feb 2004 10:31:53 -0800, Wayne wrote:
>> Yeah but their new uniforms are ugly.
>
>The commentators were raving on about the retro-look, and the riders themselves liked it as well.
>The point is that it stands out more, especially from the French I guess, but the problem was more
>obvious in the road world championships with a few other nations also in practically the same
>colours and design.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/jan04/CXworlds04/index.php?id=race4/CH6241

I think it's a great move - not just the French, but the Germans also had become very similar. More
of the pro teams are going for a simpler look this year.

Great pic of the finish, btw

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/jan04/CXworlds04/index.php?id=race4/CH6264

Regards! Stephen

[email protected] (Wayne) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 05:40:19 -0800, Richard Longwood wrote:
> > > 1 Bart Wellens in 56.43" 2 Mario de Clercq 38" 3 Erwin Vervecken
> >
> > 1. Mario De Clerq
> > 2. Bart Wellens
> > 3. Sven Vanthourenhout
>
> Yeah but their new uniforms are ugly.

Hell no! It's beautiful.

He looks happy with the new design: http://www.teammackracing.org/images/RetroPhotos/Merckx74.jpg

> I think it's a great move - not just the French, but the Germans also had become very similar.
> More of the pro teams are going for a simpler look this year.

Why can't they go to something with a nice fade?

> Great pic of the finish, btw

and:

http://abbiorca.com/bike/cross/cross2004/cross-worlds-2004/men/source/cw_04_men_n_0134.html

Dan

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 13:32:25 GMT, Dan Connelly wrote:
> Why can't they go to something with a nice fade?

AAARGH!