Jo's Fruitcake Cookies

zxcvbob

Guest
> From: "Harriet & Stephen Goad" <[email protected]
> Happy Holidays to all. I am looking for a recipe for fruitcake
> cookies. I saw them in a Swiss Colony catalog and hope I could find
> a recipe so I could make my own. Thanks in advance.

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law last year. They are quite good.
(which is a good think because the recipe makes a lot)

Jo's Fruitcake Cookies

1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
1 3/4 Cup sugar
3 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp soda
3 eggs
1 tsp. sherry flavoring
1 tsp. almond flavoring
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
1/4 to 1/2 cup water
1 lb. dates, chopped
1 lb candies cherries, chopped
1 lb. candied pineapple, chopped
1 lb. shelled pecans, chopped

Cream sugar and margarine. Sift and measure flour. Sift again with dry
ingredients. Add eggs and flavoring to creamed mixture. Add dry
ingredients alternately with water. Mix in fruits and nuts. Drop by
teaspoonful on a slightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes at
325 degrees.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at [email protected].
Archives: http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/