Journal entry, nov 19 2002

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Spoking, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoking

Spoking Guest

Tuesday, November 19, 2002 8:57:10 PM

{-Private-} Not wanting to sing the blues; My soul is screaming them, And won't stop. Others say
    "How are you?" And I cry. Not wanting to, but my spirit is warped from what will hopefully cure my
    body. "I am a man of constant sorrow" Is what my spirit says. But is has no truth For I am truly
    well. I may die Younger than I would have, But I have lived well, And long enough, To do as I
    wished. How many can say that? I was never first in the race, But I was first in my own effort. And
    what more can be given? Or gained, than that? I had fun on the way, And how many would like to have
    that? I have left good behind me. How many more wish to Claim this, than earn it? A toss of the coin
    is what I get this year. Heads, I win - a few more years. Tails, and I make the best Of a bad
    situation. Sometimes you're lucky, Sometimes you're not. Either way, I will Have a chance to race
    again. At least once.
    --
    Spoking <^> _|_

Tags:

2. Charles

Charles Guest

Very good and well said. Charles

"Spoking" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Tuesday, November 19, 2002 8:57:10 PM
    >
    > {-Private-} Not wanting to sing the blues; My soul is screaming them, And won't stop. Others say
    > "How are you?" And I cry. Not wanting to, but my spirit is warped from what will hopefully cure my
    > body. "I am a man of constant sorrow" Is what my spirit says. But is has no truth For I am truly
    > well. I may die Younger than I would have, But I have lived well, And long enough, To do as I
    > wished. How many can say that? I was never first in the race, But I was first in my own effort.
    > And what more can be given? Or gained, than that? I had fun on the way, And how many would like to
    > have that? I have left good behind me. How many more wish to Claim this, than earn it? A toss of
    > the coin is what I get this year. Heads, I win - a few more years. Tails, and I make the best Of a
    > bad situation. Sometimes you're lucky, Sometimes you're not. Either way, I will Have a chance to
    > race again. At least once.
    > --
    > Spoking <^> _|_

3. Tom Keats

Tom Keats Guest

Spoking <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Tuesday, November 19, 2002 8:57:10 PM

> A toss of the coin is what I get this year. Heads, I win - a few more years. Tails, and I make the
    > best Of a bad situation. Sometimes you're lucky, Sometimes you're not. Either way, I will Have a
    > chance to race again. At least once.

You've reminded us of what's important, and what's trivial, petty razmatazz.

Being a noisy Usenet-ist is easy. Being a *right* human bean is Success. You've already scored a
    major triumph.

Thank you. Immensely.

humbly, Tom

4. Spoking

Spoking Guest

Thank you for the comments. I wrote for my own peace of mind, and when I went back to it, it still
    said what I had wanted to in some small way. Somehow I just felt like sharing it.

Thanks, all.

Tom Keats posted...
    > Spoking <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Tuesday, November 19, 2002 8:57:10 PM
    >
    > > A toss of the coin is what I get this year. Heads, I win - a few more years. Tails, and I make
    > > the best Of a bad situation. Sometimes you're lucky, Sometimes you're not. Either way, I will
    > > Have a chance to race again. At least once.
    >
    > You've reminded us of what's important, and what's trivial, petty razmatazz.
    >
    > Being a noisy Usenet-ist is easy. Being a *right* human bean is Success. You've already scored a
    > major triumph.
    >
    > Thank you. Immensely.
    >
    > humbly, Tom
    >

--
    Spoking <^> _|_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.