Journal entry, nov 19 2002

Spoking

Guest
Tuesday, November 19, 2002 8:57:10 PM

{-Private-} Not wanting to sing the blues; My soul is screaming them, And won't stop. Others say
"How are you?" And I cry. Not wanting to, but my spirit is warped from what will hopefully cure my
body. "I am a man of constant sorrow" Is what my spirit says. But is has no truth For I am truly
well. I may die Younger than I would have, But I have lived well, And long enough, To do as I
wished. How many can say that? I was never first in the race, But I was first in my own effort. And
what more can be given? Or gained, than that? I had fun on the way, And how many would like to have
that? I have left good behind me. How many more wish to Claim this, than earn it? A toss of the coin
is what I get this year. Heads, I win - a few more years. Tails, and I make the best Of a bad
situation. Sometimes you're lucky, Sometimes you're not. Either way, I will Have a chance to race
again. At least once.
--
Spoking <^> _|_

Very good and well said. Charles

"Spoking" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tuesday, November 19, 2002 8:57:10 PM
>
> {-Private-} Not wanting to sing the blues; My soul is screaming them, And won't stop. Others say
> "How are you?" And I cry. Not wanting to, but my spirit is warped from what will hopefully cure my
> body. "I am a man of constant sorrow" Is what my spirit says. But is has no truth For I am truly
> well. I may die Younger than I would have, But I have lived well, And long enough, To do as I
> wished. How many can say that? I was never first in the race, But I was first in my own effort.
> And what more can be given? Or gained, than that? I had fun on the way, And how many would like to
> have that? I have left good behind me. How many more wish to Claim this, than earn it? A toss of
> the coin is what I get this year. Heads, I win - a few more years. Tails, and I make the best Of a
> bad situation. Sometimes you're lucky, Sometimes you're not. Either way, I will Have a chance to
> race again. At least once.
> --
> Spoking <^> _|_

Spoking <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Tuesday, November 19, 2002 8:57:10 PM

> A toss of the coin is what I get this year. Heads, I win - a few more years. Tails, and I make the
> best Of a bad situation. Sometimes you're lucky, Sometimes you're not. Either way, I will Have a
> chance to race again. At least once.

You've reminded us of what's important, and what's trivial, petty razmatazz.

Being a noisy Usenet-ist is easy. Being a *right* human bean is Success. You've already scored a
major triumph.

Thank you. Immensely.

humbly, Tom

Thank you for the comments. I wrote for my own peace of mind, and when I went back to it, it still
said what I had wanted to in some small way. Somehow I just felt like sharing it.

Thanks, all.

Tom Keats posted...

--
Spoking <^> _|_