Jr team support

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bill C, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9297.0.html
    Quoted:
    "Want to be a bike racer, kids? Fifteen aspiring junior racers will be
    awarded equipment, technical support and coaching for the 2006 season
    based on their essays written on the topic, "Why I Want to Be a Bicycle
    Racer."

    Does anyone else have questions about this? Is this going to take into
    account ESL kids? Is there going to be allowances made for the fact
    that not all bike racer types are great writers in english?"
    There could be a bunch of kids who deserve this who don't excel in
    writing essays. Is there going to be an interview / meet the kids
    process?
    Hopefully they do this the right way since this is an opportunity that
    most kids are never going to get.
    Bill C

    Tags:

  2. If you go to the website there are more limitations - it's partly
    sponsored by the city of Santa Rosa so it's only open to residents of
    Santa Rosa, CA.

  3. RonSonic

    RonSonic Guest

    On 23 Dec 2005 15:45:21 -0800, "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9297.0.html
    >Quoted:
    >"Want to be a bike racer, kids? Fifteen aspiring junior racers will be
    >awarded equipment, technical support and coaching for the 2006 season
    >based on their essays written on the topic, "Why I Want to Be a Bicycle
    >Racer."
    >
    > Does anyone else have questions about this? Is this going to take into
    >account ESL kids? Is there going to be allowances made for the fact
    >that not all bike racer types are great writers in english?"
    > There could be a bunch of kids who deserve this who don't excel in
    >writing essays. Is there going to be an interview / meet the kids
    >process?
    > Hopefully they do this the right way since this is an opportunity that
    >most kids are never going to get.

    I'd think a winning essay might read like this:

    "last seezon my mom tuk mi persona an mi bike too sum races. I lost the the
    first on caus I didn't ride hard enough but wun the nest 2 caus i pedeld reelly
    hard and nob ody cud keep up. I lost the last un whe n the chain boke the bike
    race guy sed it wa frum all the rust. now I just wunt a new huffy so i can rase
    agin."

    Ron