Jr team support

Bill C

Guest
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9297.0.html
Quoted:
"Want to be a bike racer, kids? Fifteen aspiring junior racers will be
awarded equipment, technical support and coaching for the 2006 season
based on their essays written on the topic, "Why I Want to Be a Bicycle
Racer."

Does anyone else have questions about this? Is this going to take into
account ESL kids? Is there going to be allowances made for the fact
that not all bike racer types are great writers in english?"
There could be a bunch of kids who deserve this who don't excel in
writing essays. Is there going to be an interview / meet the kids
process?
Hopefully they do this the right way since this is an opportunity that
most kids are never going to get.
Bill C

If you go to the website there are more limitations - it's partly
sponsored by the city of Santa Rosa so it's only open to residents of
Santa Rosa, CA.

On 23 Dec 2005 15:45:21 -0800, "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote:

>http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9297.0.html
>Quoted:
>"Want to be a bike racer, kids? Fifteen aspiring junior racers will be
>awarded equipment, technical support and coaching for the 2006 season
>based on their essays written on the topic, "Why I Want to Be a Bicycle
>Racer."
>
> Does anyone else have questions about this? Is this going to take into
>account ESL kids? Is there going to be allowances made for the fact
>that not all bike racer types are great writers in english?"
> There could be a bunch of kids who deserve this who don't excel in
>writing essays. Is there going to be an interview / meet the kids
>process?
> Hopefully they do this the right way since this is an opportunity that
>most kids are never going to get.

I'd think a winning essay might read like this:

"last seezon my mom tuk mi persona an mi bike too sum races. I lost the the
first on caus I didn't ride hard enough but wun the nest 2 caus i pedeld reelly
hard and nob ody cud keep up. I lost the last un whe n the chain boke the bike
race guy sed it wa frum all the rust. now I just wunt a new huffy so i can rase
agin."

Ron