JRA The Other Day

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Jun 10, 2003.

  1. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    I need to move to where you live dude!

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

    > In some "big" country.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061003004.jpg
    >
    > There were a few rocks.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061003008.jpg
    >
    > There were a few hills.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061003010.jpg
    >
    > There was some grass.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061003011.jpg
    >
    > Then we left.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061003012.jpg
    >
    > JD

  2. Martees

    Martees Guest

  3. Technician

    Technician Guest

    JD <[email protected]> spoke thusly... <snip some good pics>

    never fails, i check out other peoples pictures, and they always look much better than what i ride.

    Ah well, as soon as i can afford some gas to try and find the entrance to the tumbledown mountain
    trail i should be able to get some good pics.
    --
    ~Travis

  4. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Ah well, as soon as i can afford some gas to try and find the entrance to the tumbledown mountain
    > trail i should be able to get some good pics.
    > --

    Trav, Trav, Trav...have you learned nothing?

    "as soon as i can afford some gas to try and find the " Defeatist statement.

    Reword it to "Next time i'm at the ..."

    PMA is everything. Oh, focus, lighting, depth of field as well.

    Pete

  5. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    "Pete" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:[email protected]...

    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote
    >

    > > Ah well, as soon as i can afford some gas to try and find the entrance to the tumbledown
    > > mountain trail i should be able to get some good pics.
    > > --
    >
    > Trav, Trav, Trav...have you learned nothing?
    >
    > "as soon as i can afford some gas to try and find the " Defeatist statement.
    >
    > Reword it to "Next time i'm at the ..."
    >
    > PMA is everything. Oh, focus, lighting, depth of field as well.

    Travis, how far is Tumbledown? If it is not obscene, then just get on your bike and go. We don't
    need no stinkin rack!

    Pete is right, PMA dude! You are not this defeatist in job interviews I hope.

    -Dave

  6. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

  7. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Dave Stocker <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > "Pete" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote
    > >

    > > > Ah well, as soon as i can afford some gas to try and find the entrance to the tumbledown
    > > > mountain trail i should be able to get some good pics.
    > > > --
    > >
    > > Trav, Trav, Trav...have you learned nothing?
    > >
    > > "as soon as i can afford some gas to try and find the " Defeatist statement.
    > >
    > > Reword it to "Next time i'm at the ..."
    > >
    > > PMA is everything. Oh, focus, lighting, depth of field as well.
    > >

    > Travis, how far is Tumbledown? If it is not obscene, then just get on your bike and go. We don't
    > need no stinkin rack!

    It is far beyond my biking range, at the moment. a rough figure that it takes 45 minutes to get
    there at an average speed of, we'll say 50, so that means it is about 37.5 miles, give or take 5.
    and the mountain from what i hear (don't remember) is pretty steep, so after riding there, climbing
    the mountain, and riding back down (pretty technical from what i hear), i doubt i will have the
    energy to ride back home, no matter how many Power-bars i eat. that's why i like the car, i can
    drive to the trail, have that much more energy, ride, and come back to AC and a cushy seat.

    > Pete is right, PMA dude! You are not this defeatist in job interviews I hope.

    Ok, i gotta ask, "PMA"? most of 'em i can figure out, but this one left me stumped.

    And no, i am not a defeatist at a job interview (i have only gotten 3 in my life), instead i am a
    nervous stuttering wreck for the first 10 minutes.

    I am usually a defeatist before the interview though. i recall all the mistakes i may have made on
    the application or resume if applicable. ah, but this is the hell of a perfectionist (who ironically
    if far from perfect). That last letter of application i turned in, i was able to speak briefly with
    the guy who was highering, so he knows who i am (ie, can place a face to a name). and my overall
    impress of this meeting is positive. if he can overlook the fact that i forgot to sign the letter of
    App, then i may have a chance. but then too, i think her is looking for highly skilled labor for low
    wages. that's why they leave every couple of months. however, if he was to give me a chance, i could
    learn that which i don't know (ie, macs), and most likely give him a good fair amount of time.
    perhaps several years if he is good to work for, and maybe a career if i really enjoy the job.
    --
    ~Travis

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

  9. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > In some "big" country.
    > >
    > > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/061003004.jpg
    > >

    > So it's all dry now? Hmmmm. Looks pretty OK. I might be bale to escape for Dad's day, but I might
    > just ride CB. I hear Flag/Bear/Deadman's is good.
    >
    > Matt

    CHAAAAAAA

    I have to work, otherwise I would head that way. I doubt Kebler is open, so I would *have* to come
    through Gunnison. Go to it man. Your first Father's Day, congratulations again, Dad.

    JD