Jude's "NEXT" bike???

Ez Biker :-\)

Guest
Hey Mr. Jude, I think I've found your NEXT bike!

http://www.bentupcycles.com/

A 19 lb Carbon fiber low racer! This baby looks pretty SWEET and... I may just seriously be
considering adding one to my Aero in a few short months time. (Here goes my savings
again.............) Just have to scratch that LR itch, one more time!!!!!!!!! EZ Biker :) Pompano
Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"EZ Biker :-\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<LEPob.76742$Tr4.198486@attbi_s03>...
> Hey Mr. Jude, I think I've found your NEXT bike!
>
> http://www.bentupcycles.com/
>
> A 19 lb Carbon fiber low racer! This baby looks pretty SWEET and... I may just seriously be
> considering adding one to my Aero in a few short months time. (Here goes my savings
> again.............) Just have to scratch that LR itch, one more time!!!!!!!!! EZ Biker :) Pompano
> Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

There were a few of the carbon fiber low racers at the Midwest Recumbent Rally this year. Several
observations. First, I don't think you ride them, you put them on. Second, it is very difficult to
check them over since even when at a stop they are going fast. Third, they are incredibly sleek
looking. While riders of all shapes can ride them, I think the whole package looks better if you
have the shape of a greyhound. Fourth, it is really fun to watch them race against the high
racers, the two height extremes in recumbency. Just another sign as to how this area of bicycling
is evolving.

Mike S. St. Louis, Mo.

Mike I was seriously looking at a Baron or perhaps the new Taifun 26/20, BUT just couldn't justify
moving back to a heavier bike, than my Aero. The VK seems to have solved that dilemma. Now if only I
could salvage my long term savings from this recumbo sickness... ;-) <Grin> EZ Biker :) Pompano
Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"mike s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> There were a few of the carbon fiber low racers at the Midwest Recumbent Rally this year.

Erh...EZ what was that link for my new bike?

Inc 1-800-586-6645 "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Mike I was seriously looking at a Baron or perhaps the new Taifun 26/20,
BUT
> just couldn't justify moving back to a heavier bike, than my Aero. The VK seems to have solved
> that dilemma. Now if only I could salvage my long
term
> savings from this recumbo sickness... ;-) <Grin> EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta
> Aero Pilot)
>

> "mike s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > There were a few of the carbon fiber low racers at the Midwest Recumbent Rally this year.

> Mike I was seriously looking at a Baron or perhaps the new Taifun 26/20, BUT just couldn't justify
> moving back to a heavier bike, than my Aero. The VK seems to have solved that dilemma. Now if only
> I could salvage my long term savings from this recumbo sickness... ;-) <Grin> EZ Biker :) Pompano
> Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

Ken,

I mean in this in the nicest possible way, but you have an attention span that is shorter than that
of my four year old son.

Bryan J. Ball www.bentrideronline.com

"EZ Biker :-\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<FNcpb.64345$mZ5.377232@attbi_s54>...
> Now if only I could salvage my long term savings from this recumbo sickness... ;-) <Grin>

> EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

EZ: Forget it. The day you will stop looking for another recumbent will be the day they seal up the
coffin. That is the downside for all of us. We never stop looking, dreaming, and occasionally
buying. But what a way to go through life.

Mike S. St. Louis, Mo.

WOW! I consider THAT comment a POSITIVE (Compliment?) one!!! Yea Bryan I'm still a KID at heart when
it comes to recumbo's. I truly LOVE and of course am keeping my Aero, (Riding with Jose (Metric)
next Sunday at the SWB Century event) BUT I've just got to try and do the low racer thing just once
more in my life. By the way Bryan, what happen to YOUR Yankees???????? ;-) <Grin> GOT SQUASHED BY
THE FISH DIDN'T THEY!!!!!!!! EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"'BentRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ken,
>
> I mean in this in the nicest possible way, but you have an attention span that is shorter than
> that of my four year old son.
>
> Bryan J. Ball www.bentrideronline.com

Yea Mike, I agree! Of course I SWORE I'd NEVER part with my GRR Ti, but alas I did. I really do
enjoy my Aero (Even thought of doing a mutant Bacchetta LR with maybe a Giro... BUT that's another
post to come...) and am still needing some more learning time on it. I do plan for a more active
bike event riding next year and want to make a few more TT events, of which either the VK or Aero
could be taken to. EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

'BentRider wrote:

> Ken,
>
> I mean in this in the nicest possible way, but you have an attention span that is shorter than
> that of my four year old son.

Give him a break - after all it was as recently as February 10, 2003 that Mikael Seierup posted on
a.r.b.r. that he had received his Velokraft frameset. :)

Tom Sherman

Thanks Tom! I need all the BREAKS I can get, in dealing with this recumbo OBSESSION!!! I guess it's
a WEIGHT thing. I'm so SPOILED by my 221/2 lb Aero, that I just have to see what a 19 lb bike, via a
low racer can do. Also the VK will make for a nice conversation piece at future TT's. EZ Biker :)
Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

> Give him a break - after all it was as recently as February 10, 2003 that Mikael Seierup posted on
> a.r.b.r. that he had received his Velokraft frameset. :)
>
> Tom Sherman

> Give him a break - after all it was as recently as February 10, 2003 that Mikael Seierup posted on
> a.r.b.r. that he had received his Velokraft frameset. :)

Yes but Ken just got his Aero like a month ago. That's cool. Guys like Ken keep all of my sponsors
and me in business. :)

Bryan J. Ball www.bentrideronline.com

> By the way Bryan, what happen to YOUR Yankees???????? ;-) <Grin> GOT SQUASHED BY THE FISH DIDN'T
> THEY!!!!!!!!

We didn't spend enough money. It will cost at least $200 million to beat the Marlins.

"EZ Biker :)" wrote:

> Thanks Tom! I need all the BREAKS I can get, in dealing with this recumbo OBSESSION!!! I guess
> it's a WEIGHT thing. I'm so SPOILED by my 221/2 lb Aero, that I just have to see what a 19 lb
> bike, via a low racer can do. Also the VK will make for a nice conversation piece at future TT's.

EZ,

You should plan on getting some expensive lightweight components [1] of you want a 19-lb.
Velokraft. The one in Chicagoland [2] is a little over 20-lbs. and the frame size is smaller than
yours will be.

[1] Campy 10-speed, perhaps? ;)
[2] It is interesting to note that the seat height and seat recline on this bike is almost identical
to that of my Sunset. <http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/ChicagoAreaRecumentRiders.htm>

Tom Sherman

"Don't Have a Cow, Man!" - Bart Simpson

YEP! And when I get really old, I'm going to really depend on those sponsors to give me a place to
live and take care of me!!!!!!! ;-) <Grin> But honestly Bryan, I'm 100% IN LOVE WITH MY AERO and
very satisfied with it as well. Can't wait to hang with your buddy Jose, this weekend at the South
Broward Wheelers event. And YES, there still might be a Giro in my future as well!!!!!! (Me with 3
bikes???? That's something that would be very interesting!) EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl.
(Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"'BentRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Give him a break - after all it was as recently as February 10, 2003 that Mikael Seierup posted
> > on a.r.b.r. that he had received his Velokraft frameset. :)
>
> Yes but Ken just got his Aero like a month ago. That's cool. Guys like Ken keep all of my sponsors
> and me in business. :)

Hey Tom, what a GREAT website link! GREAT pictures of the low racers too.

20 lb carbon LR racer!!! And YES there would be equal time spent on both bikes! (Yea, that's what I
said about my GRR Ti and Aero and look what happen to the GRR Ti........ ;-) <Grin> EZ Biker :)
Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

> "EZ Biker :)" wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Tom! I need all the BREAKS I can get, in dealing with this
recumbo
> > OBSESSION!!! I guess it's a WEIGHT thing. I'm so SPOILED by my 221/2 lb Aero, that I just have
> > to see what a 19 lb bike, via a low racer can do. Also the VK will make for a nice conversation
> > piece at future TT's.
>
> EZ,
>
> You should plan on getting some expensive lightweight components [1] of you want a 19-lb.
> Velokraft. The one in Chicagoland [2] is a little over 20-lbs. and the frame size is smaller than
> yours will be.
>
> [1] Campy 10-speed, perhaps? ;)
> [2] It is interesting to note that the seat height and seat recline on this bike is almost
> identical to that of my Sunset.
> <http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/ChicagoAreaRecumentRiders.htm>
>
> Tom Sherman
>
> "Don't Have a Cow, Man!" - Bart Simpson

Hummm, I wonder if that Warren guy was one of the WISIL people that came down to Florida earlier
this year and KICKED my As... at the Florida TT event! ;-) <Grin> On that Stolen Baron, I'm REALLY
shocked and have to wonder how one could even think they could fence something like that to the
general public. Cut the metal up for $$$ scrap? Doesn't seem worth the time. Perhaps a disgruntled
DFer did it, to get revenge for the Baron SPANKING THEM on the road??? ;-) <Grin> By the way, just
got back a while ago from an early sprint with some local DFer's / Cat 1 & 2 riders. NO, I didn't
finish ahead of them, but they had to work a little harder to shake this ole snake on his Aero!
(Still LOVE the bike!!!) EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

<http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/racing2001/indiana2001-pictures.htm>
> [2] <http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/>
>
> Tom Sherman
>
> "Don't Have a Cow, Man!" - Bart Simpson

"EZ Biker :)" skrev

> By the way, just got back a while ago from an early sprint with some local DFer's / Cat 1 & 2
> riders. NO, I didn't finish ahead of them, but they had to work a little harder to shake this ole
> snake on his Aero! (Still LOVE the bike!!!)

Why not put ISO 305 wheels on the Aero and maybe paint it orange? I know one person who would like
it then. ;-)

Mikael

OH MY GAWD Mikael, HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT MY SECRETE MUTANT BACCHETTA LOW RACER PLANS????
Actually I was thinking of experimenting with a Giro (Duel 406 wheels?) instead of the pricey Aero.
Orange would be a tad EXTREME though.... By the way Mikael, I was wondering if you could post a pict
of a closer view of the front chain routing above the front wheel? I assume this routing part is
connected to the frame? (Hope this isn't a DUH question...) EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl.
(Bacchetta Aero Pilot)