Jude's "NEXT" bike???

"EZ Biker :)" skrev

> By the way Mikael, I was wondering if you could post a pict of a closer view of the front chain
> routing above the front wheel? I assume this routing part is connected to the frame? (Hope this
> isn't a DUH question...)

Sure. I just need some daylight to get a good pic. Basically a bracket holds the chaintubes and is
attached to the frame with a small hexbolt. Unfortunately I managed to break the bracket (clear
acryl) during some unforseen offroading with the bike and my trailer so the current is a bit of
metal I finaggled. Same principle though. The tubes/chain clears the tire by 2-3 mm so there might
be issues with the new lower crown forks. On mine its a pretty clean chainline all things
considered. I tried running it along the wheel but I got chainslap and it sounded like it hit the
spokes now and then which quite frankly gave me the willies. The chain tangling with the front wheel
is not my idea of a good time. (Only affects the Stiletto fork and my wheel isnt quite as offset as
it could be thanks to a slightly incompentent wheelbuilder.)

I'll post a link tomorrow.

Mikael

Mikael Seierup wrote:

> "EZ Biker :)" skrev
>
> > By the way, just got back a while ago from an early sprint with some local DFer's / Cat 1 & 2
> > riders. NO, I didn't finish ahead of them, but they had to work a little harder to shake this
> > ole snake on his Aero! (Still LOVE the bike!!!)
>
> Why not put ISO 305 wheels on the Aero and maybe paint it orange? I know one person who would like
> it then. ;-)

Orange?

Tom Sherman

"Don't Have a Cow, Man!" - Bart Simpson

EXCELLENT Mikael, Thanks, I look forward to your post. Some how I don't see myself doing a low racer
with the chain not some how cocked above the front wheel. Not in some urban road traffic, I might
find myself in here in South Florida. EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

> I'll post a link tomorrow.
>
> Mikael

Actually I was very surprised at how maneuverable my Baron was with the chan running next to the
front tire. I could still turn around in our residential street and didn't even notice the
difference during normal rides. The only problem was that with the standard Baron fork the chain
tried to eat through the fork as it was in constant contact with the fork in all but the biggest
chain ring (of a triple). That shouldn't be a problem if you have a monoblade or offset fork from
Velokraft. Craig

"EZ Biker :-\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<0S_pb.109002$HS4.928363@attbi_s01>...
> EXCELLENT Mikael, Thanks, I look forward to your post. Some how I don't see myself doing a low
> racer with the chain not some how cocked above the front wheel. Not in some urban road traffic, I
> might find myself in here in South Florida. EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)
>
> "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > I'll post a link tomorrow.
> >
> > Mikael

"cbb" skrev...
> Actually I was very surprised at how maneuverable my Baron was with the chan running next to the
> front tire. I could still turn around in our residential street and didn't even notice the
> difference during normal rides. The only problem was that with the standard Baron fork the chain
> tried to eat through the fork as it was in constant contact with the fork in all but the biggest
> chain ring (of a triple). That shouldn't be a problem if you have a monoblade or offset fork from
> Velokraft.

Well its a matter of personal preference I think. I don't much care for the way the tire rubs the
chain on the VK and VK2 in low speed turns. But then I ride my VK a lot in Copenhagen where 90
degree turns at trafficlights are not that uncommon.

Low height is not a problem to me anyway but then we have bikepaths along most major roads in the
city. Cardrivers that try to hit me are the ones that don't look at all so I could ride a Penny
Farthing and still get run over. Solution: Be aware, use bell and brakes if need be and always
assume the worst.

I put the pics on my page. Two last ones in Velokraft 2 - folder. Allow 20 mins or so for it to
update and choose "normal" for best resolution. For some reason it automagically resizes them which
is a pain. http://community.webshots.com/user/mseierup

VK2 has the idler a bit farther back AFAIK so I might actually get more clearance if I keep my old
fork. (Not that I need more)

Mikael

Good picts Mikael. I understand NOW how you have your chain routed above the wheel. I might be
incline to use some sort of a front chain / roll device setup. Perhaps like the pulley system on my
Aero. It would seem to me, that would make the chain move along a tad smoother, maybe offer a tad
less drive friction too. BUT your setup looks pretty good and probably works decently as well.
Thanks for adding the picts. EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

> For some reason it automagically resizes them which is a pain.
> http://community.webshots.com/user/mseierup
>
> VK2 has the idler a bit farther back AFAIK so I might actually get more
clearance
> if I keep my old fork. (Not that I need more)
>
> Mikael

"EZ Biker :)" skrev...
> Good picts Mikael. I understand NOW how you have your chain routed above the wheel. I might be
> incline to use some sort of a front chain / roll device setup. Perhaps like the pulley system on
> my Aero. It would seem to me, that would make the chain move along a tad smoother, maybe offer a
> tad less drive friction too. BUT your setup looks pretty good and probably works decently as well.
> Thanks for adding the picts.

Inner tube is teflon so the drag is negilible.

M.