Judy butter alternatives

Caca

Guest
Can I use plain white Finish Line grease? any other choice. By the way my fork is an old cheapo RS
Jett and i'm in the middle of an overhaul. Thanks

caca:

> Can I use plain white Finish Line grease? any other choice. By the way my fork is an old cheapo RS
> Jett and i'm in the middle of an overhaul. Thanks

You can use grease sold at any hardware store.

"caca" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can I use plain white Finish Line grease? any other choice. By the way my fork is an old cheapo RS
> Jett and i'm in the middle of an overhaul. Thanks

I think the manual says not to use lithium-based greases, something about reacting with
the bushings.

Unless you have some very old stuff, Finish Line is NOT "plain white" grease (ie, lithium). Ritchey
used to specify FL for their pedals as lithium would rot the rubber seals (as it did mine). I
believe FL is completely synthetic, uses Teflon, etc.