Judy butter alternatives

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Caca, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Caca

    Caca Guest

    Can I use plain white Finish Line grease? any other choice. By the way my fork is an old cheapo RS
    Jett and i'm in the middle of an overhaul. Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Jose Rizal

    Jose Rizal Guest

    caca:

    > Can I use plain white Finish Line grease? any other choice. By the way my fork is an old cheapo RS
    > Jett and i'm in the middle of an overhaul. Thanks

    You can use grease sold at any hardware store.

  3. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "caca" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can I use plain white Finish Line grease? any other choice. By the way my fork is an old cheapo RS
    > Jett and i'm in the middle of an overhaul. Thanks

    I think the manual says not to use lithium-based greases, something about reacting with
    the bushings.

  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Unless you have some very old stuff, Finish Line is NOT "plain white" grease (ie, lithium). Ritchey
    used to specify FL for their pedals as lithium would rot the rubber seals (as it did mine). I
    believe FL is completely synthetic, uses Teflon, etc.