I just recently bought a set of new, never installed '04 Judy TT's from a
buddy and once I got the LBS to install them I can no longer turn the
pre-load knob in either direction. it seems to be set on the softest
setting which is fine but i am currently doing some road training and would
like to stiffen up the ride. Any help w/o having to remove the forks would
be appreciated.
Mountain Bikes · Public discussion
Judy TT preload knob won't turn
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Mountain Bikes
- Published
- 8 June 2004
- Last activity
- 8 June 2004
- Original author
- Brad McColm
- Posts
- 5
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 891
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Peder said:
Try loosening the knob retaining screw a bit. I had to do that on my
'04 Judy SL before it blew up.Post of the Week!!!
Bill "cause and effect?" S.
-
"Brad McColm" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
I just recently bought a set of new, never installed '04 Judy TT's from a
buddy and once I got the LBS to install them I can no longer turn the
pre-load knob in either direction. it seems to be set on the softest
setting which is fine but i am currently doing some road training and would
like to stiffen up the ride. Any help w/o having to remove the forks would
be appreciated.Throw it away and buy a rigid fork.
JD
-
"JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Throw it away and buy a rigid fork.
JD
That would be considered an upgrade, in this case.
- CA-G
Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
-
JD said:
"Brad McColm" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
I just recently bought a set of new, never installed '04 Judy TT's from a
buddy and once I got the LBS to install them I can no longer turn the
pre-load knob in either direction. it seems to be set on the softest
setting which is fine but i am currently doing some road training and would
like to stiffen up the ride. Any help w/o having to remove the forks would
be appreciated.Throw it away and buy a rigid fork.
JD
NO, dont throw away a perfectly good fork! Open the caps and fill it
with sand. Done and done.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.